Bills WR David Clowney tweets his HIV results

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its a good move imo

black males are notorious for things like not going to the doctor, not taking disease prevention seriously, and not testing themselves like this. im going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he broadcast that to encourage other black males to follow suit

its a good move imo

black males are notorious for things like not going to the doctor, not taking disease prevention seriously, and not testing themselves like this. im going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he broadcast that to encourage other black males to follow suit

Males in general. But yes, I took this as an encouragement for others to get tested.

its a good move imo

You're absolutely right! And I think it extends beyond just black males but also to young men of all backgrounds.

not sure why....but he did.

"Got My HIV Results Back!! Thank God for keeping my body healthy and safe"

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/05/bills-wr-david-clowney-tweets-his-hiv-results-to-the-world/1

I was talking to my girlfriend about how I don't like this guy's swagger at all...

I understand when you're single you're on the hunt for new females. I get it. But you're an NFL player. You can get "kitty kat" whenever you want from almost whoever you want.

This guy's tweets are ridiculous at times. He goes off on the rapper 2chainz and tweets, "2 Chainz is straight trash". If you don't like the guy's music don't listen to it. "I" can say 2 Chainz is trash cuz it won't come back to haunt me cuz I'm a "nobody". He's creating enemies for no damn reason.

Well now if I need a blood transfusion I know I can call on David ...

There are some items that really do not belong on TWEETS and FACEBOOK. I agree that athletes are in a position to encourage all of us to get tested for STD's, HIV, and now for us older guys Hep C. Of course prostate, colon, etc. need testing too ... but I do not need the results.

"I" can say 2 Chainz is trash cuz it won't come back to haunt me cuz I'm a "nobody". He's creating enemies for no damn reason.

don't put yourself down, defensewinzchampionshipz. i would argue that clowney is only slightly less of a nobody than you. this guy could probably walk into my living room fully uniformed and helmeted while reviewing the playbook and being interviewed by chris brown and i would still assume he was just some loser fan.

Edited by Dirtbag

don't put yourself down, defensewinzchampionshipz. i would argue that clowney is only slightly less of a nobody than you. this guy could probably walk into my living room fully uniformed and helmeted while reviewing the playbook and being interviewed by chris brown and i would still assume he was just some loser fan.

LOL... that one had me laughing for real. To be honest with you I wouldn't recognize him either. He's not a familiar face in the NFL and the only reason why I kind of know his face now is BECAUSE of twitter and him being a part of the Bills organization... I guess you can take a guy out the ghetto but,.....

At least he proved the myth wrong I guess. Because money sure didn't change him. He still ghetto as hell...

Disagree. HIV is a serious problem even though it has faded from the trendy cause spotlight. Need to push more people to get tested.

Know what else men should do? Wear protection. Should he tweet that he just had protected sex?

Prostate cancer is big. So is high blood pressure, the No. 1 killer of men I believe.

Should Clowney tweet negative results from his prostate exam, or blood pressure test, or his colon exam?

I might be wrong, maybe I am, but HIV is likely nowhere near the top 30 killers of men.

It's a weird thing to share every intimate detail of your life, IMHO.

I get it, respectably. Just think it's a bit weird that's all.