Oakland could wind up losing all it's sports teams

Chef or Dante could prolly answer better than I, but i just cannot see SF building a structure that size on the waterfront. I think Chef lives pretty close to the bay bridge, but i may be mistaken, so be interested to hear his take.Dante I think is in the East Bay.

I know the City of SF was shocked when Salesforce.com scrapped their plans for an urban waterfront campus..maybe this is the politicians way of making up for that revenue?

The NBA has to have the most relocation of all of the other major sports leagues combined. It seems like tehy would rather see teams change locations every few seasons then try and build up fanbases in the current locations. In that article it even says that the Warriors have the top 10 attendance in the league, but the owners just want the team in San Fransisco. The move isn't really that far I guess so I guess this isn't that big of a deal

Chef or Dante could prolly answer better than I, but i just cannot see SF building a structure that size on the waterfront. I think Chef lives pretty close to the bay bridge, but i may be mistaken, so be interested to hear his take.Dante I think is in the East Bay.

I know the City of SF was shocked when Salesforce.com scrapped their plans for an urban waterfront campus..maybe this is the politicians way of making up for that revenue?

There are two very large piers where they want to build this. I do have a couple of issues. First off the piers are in bad shape and would require lots of $$ to be built upon. Right now there is no parking nearby however the owners of the Warriors also want the property across the street for parking I presume. The area will suck regaring traffic if this happens and with AT&T park right down the street if there is ever a baseball game and a basketball game or any event at the arena at the same time it will be a nightmare. No Thanks! I'm moving over to the Oakland Hills in a month so I really hope all Oakland's teams move. I dont really ever attend live sporting events and can't stand the traffice they create.

Mayor Ed Lee had called this he Legacy Project. Yeah Ed, people will be cursing your legasy forever.

Edited by Chef Jim

There are two very large piers where they want to build this. I do have a couple of issues. First off the piers are in bad shape and would require lots of $$ to be built upon. Right now there is no parking nearby however the owners of the Warriors also want the property across the street for parking I presume. The area will suck regaring traffic if this happens and with AT&T park right down the street if there is ever a baseball game and a basketball game or any event at the arena at the same time it will be a nightmare. No Thanks! I'm moving over to the Oakland Hills in a month so I really hope all Oakland's teams move. I dont really ever attend live sporting events and can't stand the traffice they create.

Mayor Ed Lee had called this he Legacy Project. Yeah Ed, people will be cursing your legasy forever.

Congrats on the move..hopefully you can get a real mans sized Green Egg now!

Where was saleforce going?

BTW, be out in San Fran again in a couple weeks..back for some more ham and whiskey at the Hog and Rocks :thumbsup:

Edited by plenzmd1

Congrats on the move..hopefully you can get a real mans sized Green Egg now!

Where was saleforce going?

BTW, be out in San Fran again in a couple weeks..back for some more ham and whiskey at the Hog and Rocks :thumbsup:

Thanks. I like my smaller Green Egg for now. We'll see.

Salesforce is going to Mission Bay that has exploded in just the three plus years I've been here. UCSF has built and continues to build tons of stuff over there. 2 BR/2 BA 1500 sq ft condos in a new complex are going for........wait for it.........$1.4mill with 900 sq ft 1 BR/1 BA going for $600k. Nucking Futs!! My place will have a fantastic view of the whole Peninsula, downtown SF, the Bay and GG bridges for a lot less!

PM me and let me know when you're in town. We're crazy busy with the move and renovation but we should get together this time.

Thanks. I like my smaller Green Egg for now. We'll see.

Salesforce is going to Mission Bay that has exploded in just the three plus years I've been here. UCSF has built and continues to build tons of stuff over there. 2 BR/2 BA 1500 sq ft condos in a new complex are going for........wait for it.........$1.4mill with 900 sq ft 1 BR/1 BA going for $600k. Nucking Futs!! My place will have a fantastic view of the whole Peninsula, downtown SF, the Bay and GG bridges for a lot less!

PM me and let me know when you're in town. We're crazy busy with the move and renovation but we should get together this time.

I lived in the Oakland hills in the mid 80s--of course I was young and dumb and penniless back then.Now I'm old and dumb and penniless. -But the views are even more spectacular after the 91 fire.

Good luck with the move.

I lived in the Oakland hills in the mid 80s--of course I was young and dumb and penniless back then.Now I'm old and dumb and penniless. -But the views are even more spectacular after the 91 fire.

Good luck with the move.

I knew that fire was good for something. :devil: