Another Over The Falls

millbank

Quote from article: This is the fourth time someone has survived a plunge over the falls unprotected.

right you are...:)

was misled by a few other headlines elsewhere

• July 1960: A seven-year-old boy who survived wearing only a life-jacket and his bathing suit.
  • October 2003: An unemployed Michigan auto-parts salesman.
  • March 2009: An unidentified Canadian man.
  • this one the forth....

Niagara Falls doesn't have a hospital? They had to take him to Hamilton which is about 50 miles north of there?

Dont get us started on this................ :wallbash::rolleyes:

The government believes that less hospitals are better and that we can all make do with "Urgent care Centres" or driving about 30 minutes to the nearest hospital. Fort Erie and Port Colborne both had their hospitals closed while St. Catharines is building a huge hospital to serve the area. Now theres talks of closing Niagara Falls and Wellands Hospitals and building one to serve NF, Pt Colborne, Ft Erie, and Welland.

Niagara Falls does have a hosipital (for now), but the Hamilton Hospital is the closest larger hospital where patients with serious injuries like this are taken to.

If he jumped in on the Canadian side and landed on the US side without going through customs is he officially an illegal alien? Or maybe he was the scout party for a Canadian invasion of the US...

right you are...:)

was misled by a few other headlines elsewhere

• July 1960: A seven-year-old boy who survived wearing only a life-jacket and his bathing suit.
  • October 2003: An unemployed Michigan auto-parts salesman.
  • March 2009: An unidentified Canadian man.
  • this one the forth....

HuffPo and some other place I read yesterday would say third one in the headline, and then list three plus him. What ever happened to editing??

Going over Niagara Falls stands as the only failed suicide attempt that gets any credence, IMO. All other failed attempts are just cries for help or sympathy grabbers.

Or shaky hands. Or ignorance.

Going over Niagara Falls stands as the only failed suicide attempt that gets any credence, IMO. All other failed attempts are just cries for help or sympathy grabbers.

Better luck next time, fella!

Yeah, he did put the odds in his favor. I read a Falls historian say that the odds are so small to make it - thousands and thousands of suicide attempts and only 2 unsuccessful.

My memory of the 10 year old that went over was that he went over the American Falls. Is that wrong - was it the Horseshoe?

So, it was Horseshoe. The guy with the boat wanted to show them a good view of the rapids. What a dope!

I like the 2nd story there - because I always wondered what the story was with that stuck barge.

remember this?

Yup, definitely remember that.

I wonder how many people will watch Nik Wallenda tightrope of falls on June 15. ABC television are going to telecast it. Area politicians are hoping this will be boast for tourism. Reports say ABC has demanded he wear harness.