House, M.D.

boyst

This OTW board is turning in to a media type board for the offseason it seems. This is one of the smartest shows out there on broadcast TV, and while all you rich folk have your HBO shows and breaking bad...the po' folk have this stuff.

I am wondering if anyone else is watching this show right now, because I am not enjoying it enough as I hoped I should and I do not feel the climax coming.

Anyone else watching or having any thoughts?

This OTW board is turning in to a media type board for the offseason it seems. This is one of the smartest shows out there on broadcast TV, and while all you rich folk have your HBO shows and breaking bad...the po' folk have this stuff.

I am wondering if anyone else is watching this show right now, because I am not enjoying it enough as I hoped I should and I do not feel the climax coming.

Anyone else watching or having any thoughts?

Haven't watched at all in the past few seasons, so I'm skipping this as well for the sake of spoilers.

Commercial and now I am wondering what the hell happened. House is imortal, he doesn't get injured, he doesn't die or get in trouble...and 12 minutes to go...and this? The ending everyone knew was coming in just...a...what-the-hell-did-I-expect?

Commercial and now I am wondering what the hell happened. House is imortal, he doesn't get injured, he doesn't die or get in trouble...and 12 minutes to go...and this? The ending everyone knew was coming in just...a...what-the-hell-did-I-expect?

Really about the only place they could go with the series...

Okay...this just went completely brainless. :wallbash:

Edit...Oh, okay. No it's not. Now I get it.

Partially brainless, though.

Was the badge a symbol he's alive?

Edited by jboyst62

For me to answer that would be a spoiler for anyone not watching it.

spoiler?

(other styles, spoiler)

I found myself satisfied enough with the episode. There, like Tom said, was only so many ways to go. Then like I pointed out - House is imortal. I will miss the stories - they were not totally stale like CSI got and it got out before it tanked...but it may have jumped the shark.

Edited by jboyst62

jboyst, the answer to your question is yes. And they should have left him dead (it already aired, I'm not going to worry about spoilers). For years now I thought that show should have ended with him dying.

On another note, I'm surprised they couldn't get Cuddy back to do one quick hallucination scene.

Last night was an evening of "Resurrections". We watched the season finale (they only do three a year) of the New Sherlock Holmes. After Moriarty kills himself Holmes commits suicide by jumping off a building which Watson witnesses. In the actually Doyle story Watson sees Holmes and Moriarty fall off a cliff/waterfall after a struggle. This was supposed to be the end of the Sherlock character but fans were so outraged that Doyle brought him back in his series The Return of Sherlock Holmes. At the end of this episode they show Holmes alive and well. Will be interesting to see how they work this in.

BTW the Sherlock show blew away House for the acting and overall quality.

jboyst, the answer to your question is yes. And they should have left him dead (it already aired, I'm not going to worry about spoilers). For years now I thought that show should have ended with him dying.

On another note, I'm surprised they couldn't get Cuddy back to do one quick hallucination scene.

Spoiler below. Highlight to read:

Except that House is "dead"...legally. That's the twist. Killing him off was too easy.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Did I miss it or did they never actually explain how he got in the building and how the addict died?

I think we were led to believe house got him a lethal dose of heroin. There was no explanation about the building.

Just watched the final episode.

I also am surprised that Cuddy did not come back as a hallucination.

The ending was very Hollywood, but oh well, nothing is perfect. That's why it's a tv show, not real life.

I will miss House, M.D. and I will miss Hugh Laurie as this character. It amazes me that he has never won an Emmy for this show.

I did not start watching House, M.D. until a couple of years ago on dvd. Loved it all the way through.

The one complaint I had, was that they should have kept Amber Tamblyn and let go of Olivia Wilde.