Chris Brown Recaps Bills Offseason Moves

Bills Offseason Shapes Roster

Nothing really new here, except most articles don't list all the moves, usually just the big ones. Seeing how aggressive the FO has been in getting things done is so satisfying, and is a far cry from FOs in the past.

Another change is that with all these additions, the only losses have been Florence, Parrish, and Bell- All of whom have been replaced by draft picks. Too soon to tell now, but at least it seems like Gilmore should develop into a better player than Florence and Glenn should develop into a better player than Bell. Graham is more of a project so I can't proclaim he'll be better than Scoe, or make more of an impact (plus Chan says he won't be used in the same way that Scoe was, so in this case it's not a direct replacement).

I know that past regimes were criticized for letting players go and seeking their replacements in the draft, but I believe the difference here is that the Bills let these guys go because they already knew what direction they were heading. What I mean is they didn't take Glenn bc Bell left, they let Bell go because they planned on drafting an O lineman high anyway.

What I liked best about the article is the quote from Chan included at the end:

“I think it’s a great group, but I should be biased,” said Gailey. “They’re ours. We know we have to incorporate the new guys into the team and see where they might be able to help us because we’re still on our quest for a championship and anything less is not acceptable at this time.”

I know it's just coach speak, but it's certainly better than, "It's hard to win in the NFL."

Bills Offseason Shapes Roster

Nothing really new here, except most articles don't list all the moves, usually just the big ones. Seeing how aggressive the FO has been in getting things done is so satisfying, and is a far cry from FOs in the past.

Another change is that with all these additions, the only losses have been Florence, Parrish, and Bell- All of whom have been replaced by draft picks. Too soon to tell now, but at least it seems like Gilmore should develop into a better player than Florence and Glenn should develop into a better player than Bell. Graham is more of a project so I can't proclaim he'll be better than Scoe, or make more of an impact (plus Chan says he won't be used in the same way that Scoe was, so in this case it's not a direct replacement).

I know that past regimes were criticized for letting players go and seeking their replacements in the draft, but I believe the difference here is that the Bills let these guys go because they already knew what direction they were heading. What I mean is they didn't take Glenn bc Bell left, they let Bell go because they planned on drafting an O lineman high anyway.

What I liked best about the article is the quote from Chan included at the end:

I know it's just coach speak, but it's certainly better than, "It's hard to win in the NFL."

Great stuff :thumbsup: