Kellen Winslow Jr

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winslow could be a great fit. He's not known for being an inline blocker and Gailey likes to spread the ball. If anything he'd be a good #2 behind Chandler. As Nix says "we're always looking at ways to make our team better." Winslow would be a nice insurance policy for 2 million per year. He would provide depth and is a proven guy who can catch and get yards.

Assuming that the guy can still run like he did early in his career I see no reason not to give him a shot. He could provide a lot of versatility in our offense by lining up at different receiving positions.

Winslow could be a great fit. He's not known for being an inline blocker and Gailey likes to spread the ball. If anything he'd be a good #2 behind Chandler. As Nix says "we're always looking at ways to make our team better." Winslow would be a nice insurance policy for 2 million per year. He would provide depth and is a proven guy who can catch and get yards.

That assumes he restructures I suppose

Apparently the Bucs are working out Dallas Clark and are actively seeking a trade partner for Winslow Jr.

Would you like to see him in a Bills uni?

(No link yet, but reported on 640 am Sports in South Florida.)

:pirate: NOPE ... nada ...

Frankly, I like Chandler as our #1 tight end and with Pete Metzeelars in as our new TE coach I can only see brighter days ahead for him. Chandler is a team player whereas Winslow isn't Winslow doesn't work with teammates

So, once again (I am consistent at least) I say let Mr. Winslow find a home with another team that is sinking into the sunset rather than being brought in to cause problems with a team on the rise. :thumbdown:

Edited by shoretalk

If a team is willing to let a 'talent' go, the question 'Why?' and if they are willing to let him go for 'not too much' the question is 'What wrong with him?'

clearly the things in this thread, coupled with a big contract.

The guy has put up over 60 catches and 700 yards in every year that he didn't miss time due to injury. He's a high quality passing catching TE.

Hes not a hard nosed guy who is willing to do the dirty work blocking though and I do wonder about the reasons the Bucs are getting rid of him though, particularly for a guy who can't stay on the field that past two years.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Bills as he is a legit weapon who causes mismatches and the only guy like that on the Bills current roster is Stevie. That being said, I seriously doubt the Bills make any more significant additions before the season starts.

We already have VY as our drama guy. We don't need another one. AND OJ has a new lawyer and will be out soon so be nice what you say about him. I heard he wants to come back to Buffalo where is loved and adored. Why do we keep picking on OJ anyway? GO 2012 BILLS.

I think adding at TE is unnecessary at this point.

Chandler and Smith now have time in the system. Continuity will pay dividends this year at the position.

That being said the biggest problem about the TE position is that Chan forgets it's an option during games.

It's not like the Bills are stacked at Tight End... If the Bucs aren't asking too much, Why not give him a shot?

Because he is a conceited jerk?

I'd rather see the Bills give Dallas Clark a long look.

Seriously tho, I'm surprised Chandler ever see's the ball in Chan Gailey's offense. The TE is supposedly the QB's best friend and outlet, and yet previous to last season Gailey was noted for not utilizing the TE very often in his offense.

Because he is a conceited jerk?

I'd rather see the Bills give Dallas Clark a long look.

Seriously tho, I'm surprised Chandler ever see's the ball in Chan Gailey's offense. The TE is supposedly the QB's best friend and outlet, and yet previous to last season Gailey was noted for not utilizing the TE very often in his offense.

He really is a d***. No other player in memory has been so annoyingly douchey.