Robin Gibb has died

Just Jack

Aw, come on..."Miss You" is a great song..."Do You Think I'm Sexy" is just flat out awful...as was most of Rod's stuff post-Faces...

Miss You is OK, but I'll probably lose my man card on this one - I really like Emotional Rescue!

I like a lot of post Faces Rod, but he also had some of my most hated songs ever - Sexy, Passion, The Motown Song, etc.

And, I like Fleetwood Mac from that era. I like Christy McVie the best, but I do think they have some great songs from then (and I was happy that they weren't disco). I think I would have liked Hitler if he had been around then and came out against disco.

The best thing EVER was Disco Demolition Night!

Funny, I grew up on 70's AM radio...I have a real soft spot for some of that stuff...when I got a little older, I hated all that "pop crap", but some of them were just great records, and I get a little sentimental when I hear some of those songs... a few weeks ago, I purchased a used copy of the double Fleetwood Mac anthology (Stevie Nicks era, not the cool stuff)...I can't tell you how much I used to hate that band...but they made great singles.

Songs like 'Baker Street' or 'Baby Come Back' always give me a lot of nostolgia to my pre/early teen years. And there was a ton of Gibbs music on the air in those days.

Miss You is OK, but I'll probably lose my man card on this one - I really like Emotional Rescue!

I like a lot of post Faces Rod, but he also had some of my most hated songs ever - Sexy, Passion, The Motown Song, etc.

And, I like Fleetwood Mac from that era. I like Christy McVie the best, but I do think they have some great songs from then (and I was happy that they weren't disco). I think I would have liked Hitler if he had been around then and came out against disco.

Yeah, I agree...I think I like Christie McVie's stuff the most, of all the pop-Fleetwood Mac stuff.

As for Rod Stewart, I remember somebody, somewhere, wrote of him "never has an artist so betrayed his own talent", and I kind of agree. You listen to that Faces era stuff, or even the Jeff Beck Group stuff, and the guy just had a tremendous voice...when he was working with people who kept his ego somewhat in check, he put out great records...but once "Blondes Have More Fun", he put his British blues credentials in the closet, and just started recording some really crummy stuff...I saw the Small Faces/Faces induction ceremony into the Rock 'N' Roll HOF (Little Steven inducted them!), all the living guys were there, except for Rod. Apperently he was ill...though I take that with a grain of salt...he was sick and couldn't make it when he was inducted as a solo artist as well. So, Ron Wood, Ian McLagen and Kenny Jones took the stage and played "Stay With Me", with Mick Hucknell (from Simply Red) singing...he sounded awesome! Probably sounds more like vintage Rod Stewart, than Rod himself, at this point.

btw- Love "Emotional Rescue" too... :thumbsup:

Songs like 'Baker Street' or 'Baby Come Back' always give me a lot of nostolgia to my pre/early teen years. And there was a ton of Gibbs music on the air in those days.

:thumbsup: I hear you...I like those songs, even though I should know better!

baker street has always been one of my favorite songs from the era...was very happy when the Foo's covered it.

Well, here's the top ten disco songs for all you disco lovers. #4 being Donna Summer's Last Dance is a great example of how much I hated disco. It says it was from 1978. Somehow I never knew the song. So, at a dance around 1981 or so at college I asked this girl to dance what I thought was a slow song. So, I'm getting all close and stuff, and then about 90 seconds in, it breaks out into this all out disco song. I was like a fish out of water!:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/readers-poll-the-best-disco-songs-of-all-time-20120523/1-bee-gees-stayin-alive-0929133

Well, here's the top ten disco songs for all you disco lovers. #4 being Donna Summer's Last Dance is a great example of how much I hated disco. It says it was from 1978. Somehow I never knew the song. So, at a dance around 1981 or so at college I asked this girl to dance what I thought was a slow song. So, I'm getting all close and stuff, and then about 90 seconds in, it breaks out into this all out disco song. I was like a fish out of water!:

http://www.rollingst...n-alive-0929133

It's not Donna Summer's fault you couldn't close the deal that night! :P

Aw, come on..."Miss You" is a great song..."Do You Think I'm Sexy" is just flat out awful...as was most of Rod's stuff post-Faces...

I like the bridge. :thumbsup:

No, you won't lose it on ER... but what do you think of Streets Of Love? Out Of Tears? Nearness Of You? :bag: