Robin Gibb has died

Just Jack

That's sad...I'm a big BeeGees fan. If anyone wants to hear some really great music, check out their 60's pre-disco stuff....it's fantastic.

RIP Robin

That's sad...I'm a big BeeGees fan. If anyone wants to hear some really great music, check out their 60's pre-disco stuff....it's fantastic.

RIP Robin

somewhere you make the perfect Simpsons character.

A Disco listneing, soccer playing nurse.

somewhere you make the perfect Simpsons character.

A Disco listneing, soccer playing nurse.

I try to keep it interesting :thumbsup:

(and don't forget, I also own a standard poodle)

I don't like to bring him up because I can imagine how embarassed he must be with you.

:lol:

Travolta is in a gay sex scandal, Donna Summer dies, and a few days later, a Bee Gee dies. If this all happened in 1978, I wonder if I would have been secretly happy. I hated disco probably more than I hated the Dolphins. There may not be anything I ever hated more.

As I mentioned after Dick Clark died we're going to be losing a lot of music greats over the next ten plus years. Many of the rock pioneers of the 60's are either in their early 70's or pushing 70. That may not be old but they had some hard lifestyles.

So to use a famous album from the early 70's:

Who's next?

RIP

I never owned a disco record but never really minded that music, probably cause it reminded me of being a kid. It's what was on the radio (WNBC AM) in the 70s, along with a lot of other pop, soft rock, etc.

Travolta is in a gay sex scandal, Donna Summer dies, and a few days later, a Bee Gee dies. If this all happened in 1978, I wonder if I would have been secretly happy. I hated disco probably more than I hated the Dolphins. There may not be anything I ever hated more.

I was the same way, hated disco...remember my brother dis-owning the Rolling Stones for "Miss You"....but as I get older, I don't mind it, at least some of it...KC and the Sunshine Band, for instance, still sounds like awful, factory made pop music to me...but the Bee Gees age well. We listen to an oldies radio station at work most of the time (a compromise, it plays stuff that everyone doesn't hate), they play a lot of Bee Gees disco era stuff. When they were a rock/pop band, they had incredible harmonies, and they only sang better together as they got older...almost Everly Brothers, with a four to the floor beat...it doesn't sound so bad..."How Deep Is Your Love" is really a great R-N-B tune, like those old Chi-Lites and Spinners songs...I love that stuff now...hated it growing up.

RIP

I never owned a disco record but never really minded that music, probably cause it reminded me of being a kid. It's what was on the radio (WNBC AM) in the 70s, along with a lot of other pop, soft rock, etc.

Funny, I grew up on 70's AM radio...I have a real soft spot for some of that stuff...when I got a little older, I hated all that "pop crap", but some of them were just great records, and I get a little sentimental when I hear some of those songs... a few weeks ago, I purchased a used copy of the double Fleetwood Mac anthology (Stevie Nicks era, not the cool stuff)...I can't tell you how much I used to hate that band...but they made great singles.

I was the same way, hated disco...remember my brother dis-owning the Rolling Stones for "Miss You"....but as I get older, I don't mind it, at least some of it...KC and the Sunshine Band, for instance, still sounds like awful, factory made pop music to me...but the Bee Gees age well. We listen to an oldies radio station at work most of the time (a compromise, it plays stuff that everyone doesn't hate), they play a lot of Bee Gees disco era stuff. When they were a rock/pop band, they had incredible harmonies, and they only sang better together as they got older...almost Everly Brothers, with a four to the floor beat...it doesn't sound so bad..."How Deep Is Your Love" is really a great R-N-B tune, like those old Chi-Lites and Spinners songs...I love that stuff now...hated it growing up.

I still hate it!..........Even worse than Miss You was Do You Think I'm Sexy by Rod Stewart. And, I love both the Stones and Rod. And, there was no way I was getting behind these guys:Bee Gees in the disco era

I still hate it!..........Even worse than Miss You was Do You Think I'm Sexy by Rod Stewart. And, I love both the Stones and Rod. And, there was no way I was getting behind these guys:Bee Gees in the disco era

Aw, come on..."Miss You" is a great song..."Do You Think I'm Sexy" is just flat out awful...as was most of Rod's stuff post-Faces...