Oil is Good, Oil is our Friend

I don't know, not only do I not swallow but I don't come close to it being an issue.

Wow. Everyone else reads that and immediately thinks "Monty Python." You immediately think "gay oral sex".

You have serious issues.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many earthquakes does Ohio normally get over a similar time frame? What makes you so sure that they were caused by fracking? What level were they? Why was the BP oil spill so serious? What did we learn from Valdez? Do you believe in "unintended consequences"? I guess when you libs can prove that we will be ok with our energy needs being met with rainbow farting unicorns and fuel efficient electric cars (fired by coal, btw) I'll take you a little more seriously.

Do you ever contribute anything worthwhile? I see you're avoiding the Trayvon thread. Still butthurt?

I've said all I need to say multiple times in that thread. What more is there to say about it? And why are you bringing it up here in this thread? This usually is your response when you don't have an argument as far as I can tell.

Generally, !@#$ing with the planet on the grounds that "Oh, it's not serious" is a bad idea.

Rush hasn't told him that yet so he doesn't know.

Wow. Everyone else reads that and immediately thinks "Monty Python." You immediately think "gay oral sex".

You have serious issues.

Do you even have a humorous bone in your body? It was a little trash talking, you prig. I'll be honest with you, Monty Python was never my deal, so I didn't get the reference and don't give a schit.

Do you even have a humorous bone in your body?

Two, actually.

It was a little trash talking, you prig. I'll be honest with you, Monty Python was never my deal, so I didn't get the reference and don't give a schit.

You're not helping yourself. Your trash talking is ALWAYS homoerotic.

In fact, one of my coworkers asked me something last week, and I said "I don't really know..." And she replied "Oh my God, in the year we've worked together, this is the first time I've asked a question you couldn't answer!"

I'd bet a couple of bucks that you probably did know the answer, and just didn't want to talk to the coworker

Two, actually.

You see. One could argue that you would go out of your way to avoid seeming humorous just so someone will ask you a question that allows you to provide the answer above.

Edited by LABillzFan

I'm not disagreeing, but Ohio has never been immune to earthquakes and he may be right, but does it really matter if Ohio has a few 1.1 earthquakes from fracking? Face it, it doesn't matter with that crowd, they promote electric cars, fueled by coal to (in their minds) save the planet while making corn so expensive because of biofuels that people are starving and think that its our responsibility to take care of them, as long as it's the evil corporations paying for it.

If one of those earthquakes cracks the bedrock enough to contaminate the groundwater with fracking water it's going to be contaminated for a thousand years. That's what matters.

As for the rest of your post:

As for the rest of the posts in the thread:

No one is arguing that putting people to work in ND is a bad thing. The question is how far in risking the collective health of the workers and citizens of the states is too far?

Does the town of Minot have the resources and infrastructure for a massive influx of people? If they do, then great. If not, they are adding to the problem. And yes, a company that is drilling and fracking has a responsibility to let the public know what, if any, risks are involved.

Two, actually.

You're not helping yourself. Your trash talking is ALWAYS homoerotic.

dunce!!! you do not have two humorous bones in your body, you have two humerus bones in your body and while you are not funny you are funny looking.

Haven't seen that term before, but you seem to be familar with "homoerotic". Any reason?

Usually people who are masters of useless trivia don't need to explain why they know what homoerotic is - it's on page 137 of Webster's.

But really what kind of a rock do you live under to never have come across the term homoerotic until now?

Usually people who are masters of useless trivia don't need to explain why they know what homoerotic is - it's on page 137 of Webster's.

But really what kind of a rock do you live under to never have come across the term homoerotic until now?

In 3rdnlng's circles "homoerotic" is just "erotic"

The straight one?

If one of those earthquakes cracks the bedrock enough to contaminate the groundwater with fracking water it's going to be contaminated for a thousand years. That's what matters.

As for the rest of your post: youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

As for the rest of the posts in the thread:

No one is arguing that putting people to work in ND is a bad thing. The question is how far in risking the collective health of the workers and citizens of the states is too far?

Does the town of Minot have the resources and infrastructure for a massive influx of people? If they do, then great. If not, they are adding to the problem. And yes, a company that is drilling and fracking has a responsibility to let the public know what, if any, risks are involved.

That's just hilarious.

How come you go to all these career fairs? If you don't mind my asking...

I'm in an industry with very high turnover. It's a great way to "interview" people before we bring them in for an interview.

Or did you think I go to them looking for work??

Edited by Chef Jim

I'm in an industry with very high turnover. It's a great way to "interview" people before we bring them in for an interview.

Or did you think I go to them looking for work??

I didn't think anything was just curious...

I didn't think anything was just curious...

These career fairs give me a good opportunity to sit across a table from someone and talk to them a little bit before we bring them in for an interview. I'm hiring financial advisors/consultants and I can get a good sense whether or not I'd give them my money to plan for me real quickly.

I had a guy come in my office for an interview once. Great guy, smart, articulate, well dressed but I could see the tattoos on his nece even with a suit and tie on. If I had met him at a career fair first he would have never made it in for a face to face interview. And we wouldn't have wasted his or my time.

Oh, the humanity! :thumbdown:

That didn't even make any sense. Let's add geology to the list of things you are absolutely !@#$ing clueless about.

Do you even have a humorous bone in your body? It was a little trash talking, you prig. I'll be honest with you, Monty Python was never my deal, so I didn't get the reference and don't give a schit.

3rdnlng, maybe

this piece ties in nicely to this discussion and the thread on the political power of exxon. to paraphrase: fracking is the most important environmental and regulatory issue they face.

On the bright side, at least the energy sector isn't making foreign policy, like they did under Clinton. So that's an improvement.