Oil is Good, Oil is our Friend

Attending career fairs in CA the past 10 years in both northern and southern CA and have never seen anyone from another state looking for workers. What's your point? And if you don't have one color me shocked.

How come you go to all these career fairs? If you don't mind my asking...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that so unbelievable? with the gulf spill, yellowstone pipeline spill, valdez, chernobyl, fukushima? and now 7 earthquakes in ohio (sounds like a good song title- played to the csny song "ohio"). which i'm sure they anticipated...right? and you have faith in the energy co's doing the right thing? let's deregulate and let em do whatever they think best...yeah, that's the answer! we'll ajj be rich! and have a better life!

How big were the earthquakes and how did the numbers relate to prior times? Why did Katrina happen, or better yet why was it as serious as it was? Who's talking about deregulating? What does Valdez have to do with drilling on land?

This has been going on for quite some time. The only problem with this is it's temporary.

So, the camps are temporary?

You seem to know the situation. How would you propose handling getting enough oil from the ground here in the U.S. for us to have reasonably cheap gas along with energy independence?

Stop using oil as one of our primary sources of energy.

How big were the earthquakes and how did the numbers relate to prior times? Why did Katrina happen, or better yet why was it as serious as it was? Who's talking about deregulating? What does Valdez have to do with drilling on land?

it has everything to do with the trust you should have in the energy co's to protect you and your progeny. it's not enough that there were 7 earthquakes precipitated by fracking? you have to know how big to decide it's not good? ok, for your black and white brain: it's bad.

Edited by birdog1960

it has everything to do with the trust you should have in the energy co's to protect you and your progeny. it's not enough that there were 7 earthquakes precipitated by fracking? you have to know how big to decide it's not good? ok, for your black and white brain: it's bad.

How many earthquakes does Ohio normally get over a similar time frame? What makes you so sure that they were caused by fracking? What level were they? Why was the BP oil spill so serious? What did we learn from Valdez? Do you believe in "unintended consequences"? I guess when you libs can prove that we will be ok with our energy needs being met with rainbow farting unicorns and fuel efficient electric cars (fired by coal, btw) I'll take you a little more seriously.

Unless you start spouting Rush 3-years-old-and-long-boy isn't going to hear a word you say.

Do you ever contribute anything worthwhile? I see you're avoiding the Trayvon thread. Still butthurt?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Unless you start spouting Rush 3-years-old-and-long-boy isn't going to hear a word you say.

geez, you're right..and it was 12 not 7 but what's 5 earthquakes and why would he want to actually read an article against his, set in stone, views? sh!tting where you eat must be standard procedure for some folks. or maybe it's ok if it's a restaurant a few miles away.

geez, you're right..and it was 12 not 7 but what's 5 earthquakes and why would he want to actually read an article against his, set in stone, views? sh!tting where you eat must be standard procedure for some folks. or maybe it's ok if it's a restaurant a few miles away.

LOL. Don't get too worked up about it birdog. 3rdnlng is basically Jesus...and it will never be satisfying getting nothing but questions as answers. So just convert to Islam.

LOL. Don't get too worked up about it birdog. 3rdnlng is basically Jesus...and it will never be satisfying getting nothing but questions as answers. So just convert to Islam.

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but it is very possible that you might want to call 911.

Actually, there's a pretty good correlation between swarms of small earthquakes and fracking.

How come you go to all these career fairs? If you don't mind my asking...

Dude can't keep a job to save his ass. Has no idea what he wants to be when he grows up.

One minute he's making overcooked pasta for the Chairman of the Board in the dark recesses of Hollywood, the next minute he's crunching numbers, and lately he feels like maybe should finally heed the call that is so often calling to him, soft and low, from just over the rainbow.

Dance.

Silver hair. Ragged shirt. Baggy pants.

The old soft shoe.

Actually, there's a pretty good correlation between swarms of small earthquakes and fracking.

You're a lot of things to a lot of different people on this board, but sometimes, you're Cliffy Clavin to everyone.

You're a lot of things to a lot of different people on this board, but sometimes, you're Cliffy Clavin to everyone.

When new hires are introduced to me at work, I'm introduced as "a vast storehouse of completely useless trivia." At my own insistence. :lol:

In fact, one of my coworkers asked me something last week, and I said "I don't really know..." And she replied "Oh my God, in the year we've worked together, this is the first time I've asked a question you couldn't answer!"

"Oh my God, in the year we've worked together, this is the first time I've asked a question you couldn't answer!"

What's the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I think I'm having the worlds slowest and most subtle stroke.

Nope. Just reading 3rdnlng's posts.

Common misdiagnosis...same symptoms for the most part, but there's less long-term damage from the stroke.

I'm not disagreeing, but Ohio has never been immune to earthquakes and he may be right, but does it really matter if Ohio has a few 1.1 earthquakes from fracking? Face it, it doesn't matter with that crowd, they promote electric cars, fueled by coal to (in their minds) save the planet while making corn so expensive because of biofuels that people are starving and think that its our responsibility to take care of them, as long as it's the evil corporations paying for it.

I'm not disagreeing, but Ohio has never been immune to earthquakes and he may be right, but does it really matter if Ohio has a few 1.1 earthquakes from fracking? Face it, it doesn't matter with that crowd, they promote electric cars, fueled by coal to (in their minds) save the planet while making corn so expensive because of biofuels that people are starving and think that its our responsibility to take care of them, as long as it's the evil corporations paying for it.

Generally, !@#$ing with the planet on the grounds that "Oh, it's not serious" is a bad idea.