Mmmmmmm, steak! New cut 'discovered'

Beerball

If I am thinking right this may not be as amazing as it sounds. There a lot of back country butchers that pull a lot of specialty cuts out of an steer. If I can find out what it is by Wednesday I will get my processor to cut it for me.

Nice find. I haven't been this excited about beef since I first heard of tri-tip.

Love me some tri-tip! Unfortunately now that I'm on longer in CA I find it infrequently and when I do the butcher has stripped off the 'fat cap'. That has to stay so that the tri-tip self marinates (think of it as roast masturbation). I could sometimes get one store to give me one with minimal trim but they stopped because they would open a bag, trim mine and then not sell the rest.

Stupid people not knowing what they are doing!

Love me some tri-tip! Unfortunately now that I'm on longer in CA I find it infrequently and when I do the butcher has stripped off the 'fat cap'. That has to stay so that the tri-tip self marinates (think of it as roast masturbation). I could sometimes get one store to give me one with minimal trim but they stopped because they would open a bag, trim mine and then not sell the rest.

Stupid people not knowing what they are doing!

Don't you have local processors and meat handlers? They could do that for you,ya know?