The NFL Finally Gives Us First Place in Something…..Where Were You

There are numerous reasons I made that woman my wife, but her forcing me to turn the TV back on ranks high on the list.....

Very nice.

Visalia, CA watching the game at work.

Didn't know you lived in Visalia. My brothers band used to play there quite often. Speaking of improbably places, I watched the Bills drubbing of the Raiders in the AFC Championship Game in a small bar in Jawbone Canyon, CA.

It was a Saturday game i believe. I was sitting on the couch at my parents house in Atlanta. I was 17. My dad was at work and kept calling me for updates. He was the pessimist and me the optimist.

He quit calling by halftime....i started calling him as the comeback mounted.

Sports and in particular Buffalo Bills football was about the only thing he and i could talk about. It was a great day for a father and son. Sounds like more the a few of us had a special day that day, and not just because Buffalo won. Just another reason why Sports are so important and great.

Love it!

We were watching it on TV in Syracuse, I was 16. During the second half commercials my dad kept switching the channel to some old Humphrey Bogart movie. As soon as he did that, the Bills started scoring.

During every commercial break we would switch back and forth. The "remote" was one of those old cigar box-sized jobs with a cord that ran to the cable box. It had 3 rows of 13 channels. You had to use big buttons and a toggle switch on the side to reach the desired channel. Seemingly low tech for 1993, but that is really what they gave us then.

Awesome!

I started screaming, I started shouting and I was on my feet. The dog went and cowered by the back door. My neighbors heard me from across the road 300 feet away. I couldn't talk for a week after and saw the doctor b/c my throat was so raw.

To this day my voice has never been the same, but it doesn't matter. Now I sit in south Florida a a little local bar every Sunday and always will. Bills for life.

First good laugh of the day. Thanks!

I lived in MD at the time just north of DC & I had drove 2 hours down near Richmond to watch the game with my Brother. At half time my fiancé wanted me to come home & my brother said that I might as well go home. I said, "if any team can pull this out, it's this team" & I stayed & watched the best comeback ever without missing a play. It took me a good 4 days to get my voice back.

That was a very special team & I feel like we are making something similar now!

Let's Go Buffalo!!!

So many great anecdotes.

My wife took her daughter to the game. Daughter wanted to leave at halftime. Wifey said, no… "you always finish whatever you start and besides, anything can happen. They still have a chance."

The lesson must have made an impression. That girl doesn't give up at anything… her life is defined by her determination.

Bruce, the game was locally blacked out. I watched it from Faherty's on Elmwood. Never left the bar, didn't even think about it. But if it had been on TV, I would have watched it at home.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic