Russell Wilson already threatening.

Talk to me at the end of the season. I don't remember a lot of talk about Wilson on this board, but if he makes rookie of the year I suppose an "I told you so" would be in order. Now if TJ Graham makes rookie of the year you might want to come on and give him some props.

Actually its pretty unlikely either of them will be a flop or that either of them will be rookie of the year. It is likely that they will be both be starters, as is expected from a first round pick.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of Billievers on the board were hoping we'd take Wilson. Seattle ended up pulling the trigger on him first. Wilson is already causing havoc in just his first NFL mini-camp. Check out this article on NFL News My link

Anyone want to bet against this kid?

Speaking of kids, I'm guessing you're on the younger side for people who post here. You seem to have that 'whippersnapperish" ability to annoy old !@#$s like myself. But it's better to talk football than personalities.

Leading up to the draft there was a lot of discussion on this forum about Russell Wilson and the more I read and asked, and the more answers I got and found out about him, the more I was hoping the Bills would draft him. I thought Gruden or someone said that from a cerebral standpoint he was way more advanced than any other college QB he had grillled. Everything about this kid says special.

Wilson has huge 10.26" hands. His athletic measurables are nearly elite. He was All-ACC as a freshman and had his team winning their bowl game before leaving with an injury.

In his sophomore season at NC State, Wilson (too short, can't see the field?) set the NCAA record for most consecutive passes without an interception with 389.

As a junior he led his team to a 9-4 record and a victory over West Virginia in the bowl game. He was again one of the nation's statistical passing leaders.

As a senior Wilson transferred to Wisconsin where he was immediately installed as a team captain. He was voted All Big Ten QB by the coaches and the media, won the Griese-Brees QB of the Year award and finished with 33 TD passes. He led his team to the Big Ten Championship and a close 45-38 loss to Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

One metric which many rely on for quarterback effectiveness is yards per attempt. Wilson's yards per attempt was 7.87 for his college career but 11.27 for his senior season… he had zero problems pushing the ball downfield. The naysayers seem to forget that Wilson played behind a Wisconsin line that averaged 6'6" tall.

He had very few balls batted down because of his intelligence, ability to find passing lanes, and his over-the-top delivery. He completed 72.8% of his passes.

I agree with those who theorize the Bills wanted to take Wilson or Cousins in the early 4th if he was still there.

Here's the National Football Post link about Wilson's rookie camp performance which compelled Pete Carroll to declare him as a candidate for the starting job.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Can-Russell-Wilson-win-a-starting-job-as-a-rookie.html

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Wilson

This kid is one of the non-Bills players that I will be ardently rooting for.