Russell Wilson already threatening.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? -Ever watched him play?

When a kid of such small staure dominates the way Wilson does, it's difficult not to root for him.

Ah, #34fan - what has he dominated in the NFL, exactly?

He looked great in rookie mini-camp? Wouldn't you expect him to look great playing against the same players at the same level where he played in college?

"That's nice, sonny, but this here's the fleet"

Umm...I like Russell Wilson as much as the next fan, but there will be umpteen many players the Bills "passed on" who will have successful NFL careers. I don't understand the point of this post. Nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- projects Russell Wilson as a franchise NFL QB, and that's the key point here.

Seattle projected him as a potential starter. Everyone else's opinion had little influence on them.

Since when does "potential starter" = franchise QB?

If they believe that he can be a starter then he would be their franchise qb. He's a rookie prospect. So obviously there are no guarantees. But they had to have a conviction on him or they wouldn't have taken him in the third round. They see potential in him that other organizations didn't. They are making a judgment just as other organizations do with their draft selections.

At 5'11" and 204#, he faces long odds to be on the roster, much less become a starter, much much less become a good player.

True. If only an inch taller, he would have a chance to make it in this league. But, alas, nature has doomed him to fail...

If they believe that he can be a starter then he would be their franchise qb. He's a rookie prospect. So obviously there are no guarantees. But they had to have a conviction on him or they wouldn't have taken him in the third round. They see potential in him that other organizations didn't. They are making a judgment just as other organizations do with their draft selections.

My interpretation of the term "franchise QB" is a guy you build your team around. Franchise QBs aren't drafted in the 3rd round or later (Brady is a statistical anomaly). Every starting QB in the NFL is not a franchise QB. Hell, Fitz isn't a franchise QB.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs. I don't "blame" the Bills for selecting TJ Graham in the 3rd round rather than Russell Wilson.

My interpretation of the term "franchise QB" is a guy you build your team around. Franchise QBs aren't drafted in the 3rd round or later (Brady is a statistical anomaly). Every starting QB in the NFL is not a franchise QB. Hell, Fitz isn't a franchise QB.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs. I don't "blame" the Bills for selecting TJ Graham in the 3rd round rather than Russell Wilson.

Yes we are splitting hairs. Most franchise qba are not elite. That type of high quality player is a rare commodity. As an example Dalton for the Bengals could be the starter for a decade. It is doubtful that he is going to develop into an elite qb but probably would fall in the good category. If that scenario should materialize I would consider him to be a franchise qb; by using a different definition you might not consider him a franchise qb.

Edited by JohnC

Ah, #34fan - what has he dominated in the NFL, exactly?

He looked great in rookie mini-camp? Wouldn't you expect him to look great playing against the same players at the same level where he played in college?

"That's nice, sonny, but this here's the fleet"

I think the OP is a little loose with his definition of "dominate" since he did not dominate college football. His win-loss record was around 60% (and it was only that good thanks to 1 good season in Wisconsin), a losing record in the ACC, and he has a single bowl victory in the 2010 Champs Sports Bowl.

Was he decent or very good? Sometimes, yes. But he surely hasnt dominated anything.

I second your opinion this is just another worthless thread started by #34 fan. How typical of him. :wallbash:

:w00t: Wecome back Shadow!

There's been a dearth of trolling, pettiness, and all-around schmuckery since you've been gone.

Oh by the way, did you actually READ the thread? Click the link? -No?

Just pawing at it? -That's what I thought. Same old shadowcat.

:w00t: Wecome back Shadow!

There's been a dearth of trolling, pettiness, and all-around schmuckery since you've been gone.

Oh by the way, did you actually READ the thread? Click the link? -No?

Just pawing at it? -That's what I thought. Same old shadowcat.

You know who else competed to be a starter in their rookie year, Brady Quinn. :blink:

Umm...I like Russell Wilson as much as the next fan, but there will be umpteen many players the Bills "passed on" who will have successful NFL careers. I don't understand the point of this post. Nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- projects Russell Wilson as a franchise NFL QB, and that's the key point here.

The talking heads can kiss my you-know-what. I do project it. I was pissed as hell when we passed on him in the third round and traded up for stick boy. I took a lot of heat for my comments in the "Shout Box" that day (go figure) and I'll take more heat from this post. Knock yourselves out.

I just wonder how many of you will admit you're wrong when he proves YOU wrong. Not that I'm holding my breath.

BA

The talking heads can kiss my you-know-what. I do project it. I was pissed as hell when we passed on him in the third round and traded up for stick boy. I took a lot of heat for my comments in the "Shout Box" that day (go figure) and I'll take more heat from this post. Knock yourselves out.

I just wonder how many of you will admit you're wrong when he proves YOU wrong. Not that I'm holding my breath.

BA

No one in the NFL projects Russell Wilson as a franchise QB, not just the talking heads. If anyone thought he'd be a franchise QB, he'd have been taken in the top half of round 1.