Russell Wilson already threatening.

I know a lot of Billievers on the board were hoping we'd take Wilson. Seattle ended up pulling the trigger on him first. Wilson is already causing havoc in just his first NFL mini-camp. Check out this article on NFL News My link

Anyone want to bet against this kid?

Oh No! 34 is at it again . . . by the way, how's the counseling going?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At 5'11" and 204#, he faces long odds to be on the roster, much less become a starter, much much less become a good player.

I don't think that it would be surprising for a third round selection to makes the roster. Whether he can eventually become a starter is an open question. I have seen him play a number of games with Wisconsin and N. Carolina State. Based on his stellar college career I think he can become a starter.

Buddy Nix told WGR that he was eyeballing a particular qb in this year's draft. He wouldn't tell the host who it was. If I had to guess I would say it was either Wilson or Cousins if the preferred qb would have been available in the fourth round. The Skins surprisingly took Cousins with their fourth round pick. They had a second round grade on him.

I don't think that it would be surprising for a third round selection to makes the roster. Whether he can eventually become a starter is an open question. I have seen him play a number of games with Wisconsin and N. Carolina State. Based on his stellar college career I think he can become a starter.

Buddy Nix told WGR that he was eyeballing a particular qb in this year's draft. He wouldn't tell the host who it was. If I had to guess I would say it was either Wilson or Cousins if the preferred qb would have been available in the fourth round. The Skins surprisingly took Cousins with their fourth round pick. They had a second round grade on him.

Okay, maybe long odds of making the roster was a bit much. But doing much more than that is a longshot.

And reportedly the Bills were hot after Cousins. But the inexplicably took him. It reminds me of the year (1994) they took Heath Shuler at the top of round 1 (3rd) and then Gus Frerotte in the 7th round (Frerotte ended-up having the better career, although that's not saying much).

I know a lot of Billievers on the board were hoping we'd take Wilson. Seattle ended up pulling the trigger on him first. Wilson is already causing havoc in just his first NFL mini-camp. Check out this article on NFL News My link

Wow, I'll bet he had an awesome rookie mini camp. Nothing against height deprived Q-Backs but your man crush is weird.

Okay, maybe long odds of making the roster was a bit much. But doing much more than that is a longshot.

And reportedly the Bills were hot after Cousins. But the inexplicably took him. It reminds me of the year (1994) they took Heath Shuler at the top of round 1 (3rd) and then Gus Frerotte in the 7th round (Frerotte ended-up having the better career, although that's not saying much)

In hindsight I would have preferred drafting Cousins in the third round instead of Graham. Not only would Cousins make our roster but he would have been our backup qb. That's just my opinion.

As I stated in my prior post the Skins had a second round grade on their fourth round selection. So from that standpoint it makes some sense. When Cousins was notified by the Skins that he was going to be picked by them he was very unhappy.

Wilson is an interesting prospect in my eye. I am glad he is recognized as having some potential to give competition this early in. and i look forward to what shakes out. But i think this might be a bit of bluster at this point. But Tavaris might have been put on notice

In hindsight I would have preferred drafting Cousins in the third round instead of Graham. Not only would Cousins make our roster but he would have been our backup qb. That's just my opinion.

As I stated in my prior post the Skins had a second round grade on their fourth round selection. So from that standpoint it makes some sense. When Cousins was notified by the Skins that he was going to be picked by them he was very unhappy.

I'm not a fan of Cousins. And outside of the top-2 guys, I didn't see a QB who wasn't a major crap shoot. And if I were Cousins, I'd be pissed as well. RGIII will be given at least 3 years to prove himself, which means 3 years of riding the pine for Cousins. Unless RGIII gets hurt.

Leave the Hindsight to the experts :P

Wow, I'll bet he had an awesome rookie mini camp. Nothing against height deprived Q-Backs but your man crush is weird.

Really? -Ever watched him play?

When a kid of such small staure dominates the way Wilson does, it's difficult not to root for him. Especially since many scouts dismissed him as being too small to play the position.

Hey, I'm just glad he's raising eyebrows this early out.

Months ago, I posted that Wilson is a kid that veteran/established QB's should worry about.

Looks like that statement wasn't that far-fetched.

Anyway, bring on the pre-season! I am soooooooo ready for football.

Edited by #34fan

Really? -Ever watched him play?

When a kid of such small staure dominates the way Wilson does, it's difficult not to root for him. Especially since many scouts dismissed him as being too small to play the position.

Hey, I'm just glad he's raising eyebrows this early out.

Months ago, I posted that Wilson is a kid that veteran/established QB's should worry about.

Looks like that statement wasn't that far-fetched.

Anyway, bring on the pre-season! I am soooooooo ready for football.

Somebody might actually care on a Seahawks board. Here in Buffalo Bills country not so much.

If you hate to say "I told you so", why not hold off until you see how he looks in a real game, with star NFL DL rushing towards him like so many runaway trains?

Lots of QB look good in shorts and a red shirt.

If you hate to say "I told you so", why not hold off until you see how he looks in a real game, with star NFL DL rushing towards him like so many runaway trains?

Lots of QB look good in shorts and a red shirt.

You mean with a passrush that height might become an issue that is otherwise non-existent in flag football or drills? His biggest question mark is the one thing isolated and removed from these camps. he obviously had an arm and was smart. Doesn't mean he can survive if he's the smallest guy on the field any given play.

I like Wilson too...But premature a bit? Rookie Camp?... :unsure:

Umm...I like Russell Wilson as much as the next fan, but there will be umpteen many players the Bills "passed on" who will have successful NFL careers. I don't understand the point of this post. Nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- projects Russell Wilson as a franchise NFL QB, and that's the key point here.