Where do you stand on the issues?

Since we are looking at national defense as an issue, I have a question that needs to be asked- we have an Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines, to protect all the different fronts that we can be engaged on. Is it time we create a new division for cyber attacks?

Edited by Adam

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we are looking at national defense as an issue, I have a question that needs to be asked- we have an Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines, to protect all the different fronts that we can be engaged on. Is it time we create a new division for cyber attacks?

We have an Army with an air wing, a Navy with carriers, and an Air Force and a Navy with ground pounders

The Army has air needs that neither the Chair Force nor Navy can satisfy. The Naval and Chair Force have ground security needs that the Army can not satisfy

Breaking off a separate Cyber Command will not be able to meet the needs of the 3 branches of the service

Have several, in fact.

As Romney said "a prairie fire" of debt is sweeping across this country. So we are the #1 defense spender. My problem is we are outspending the other top 14 countries combine - US $711 billion #2 to #15 defense spenders 698.7.

http://www.sipri.org/research/armaments/milex/resultoutput/milex_15

We could greatly scale back defense spending by ensuring our troops get paid but slash our military industrial complex spending.