Good article from Jets land

zow2

I like this quote (below). I strongly agree that teams like the Bills cannot count on building a great record next year based on this year's results. So much happens...injuries, free agency, chemistry, schedule, etc... I really hope we get in the playoffs now and are able to build off the last two months momentum while we still have it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The NFL is a fluid league, players coming, players going. There is no such thing as a five-year plan anymore, or even a three-year plan. You get a shot to compete for something special, you'd better take your shot. You'd better not leave any tricks in your back pocket.

The biggest lie the Jets can sell you right now is that this season is a building block for something better down the road. No way. They are a now team. They have enough talent to compete with the AFC elite in a way that belies what they've done when they've actually played those teams this year. That talent won't be around forever."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12292004/sports/jets/37376.htm

I like this quote (below).  I strongly agree that teams like the Bills cannot count on building a great record next year based on this year's results.  So much happens...injuries, free agency, chemistry, schedule, etc...  I really hope we get in the playoffs now and are able to build off the last two months momentum while we still have it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The NFL is a fluid league, players coming, players going. There is no such thing as a five-year plan anymore, or even a three-year plan. You get a shot to compete for something special, you'd better take your shot. You'd better not leave any tricks in your back pocket.

The biggest lie the Jets can sell you right now is that this season is a building block for something better down the road. No way. They are a now team. They have enough talent to compete with the AFC elite in a way that belies what they've done when they've actually played those teams this year. That talent won't be around forever."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12292004/sports/jets/37376.htm

184864[/snapback]

Can you sense the panic in that article?