Browns DT Phil Taylor possibly out for the season

I figured you were going to suggest a trade but I would have thought you would atleast suggest that we trade them a DT (Spencer Johnson, Torrell Troupe, Heard, even Jasper). I doubt they have any interest in Edwards as a replacement for Taylor.

I figured you were going to suggest a trade but I would have thought you would atleast suggest that we trade them a DT (Spencer Johnson, Torrell Troupe, Heard, even Jasper). I doubt they have any interest in Edwards as a replacement for Taylor.

Edwards is a DT in Cleveland's scheme.

Edwards played some 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE in Baltimore. He can give them some versatility. We can send them Spencer too. Both are $4m cap hits.

still doesnt fill the roll of a guy that was 335 lbs though.

its got a certain element of sending them Nelson because a TE went down. atleast in my head.

Edited by NoSaint

Chances are quite good that Edwards will get released outright. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet. He's paid too much for the minimal amount of snaps he is going to get, even if he wasn't playing out of position, and especially because for the first time in forever, we actually have to worry about how much money we're paying out, and still have to re-sign Byrd, Levitre, Urbik and Rinehart before next season.

The Browns or any other team are not going to give up anything more than a 7th round pick for Edwards, and likely not even that, because they will have to assume his contract. If they wait until he is released they could get him cheaper if they want him. He is a decent player who will play snaps in the NFL this season for some team, but he has little trade value right now.

Holy crap, I totally forgot Dwan Edwards was even on this team.

A point made in our off season review podcast: (dropped today, shameless plug, I know, but !@#$ it: billsandbeers.com)

One of the biggest differences between this year's team and teams of years past is the fact that players like Carrington, Moats and Edwards are now expendable. Before we'd be sitting around talking about the guys who we'd need to step up, and they were always middling players like the aforementioned. There was a consensus that our success hung in the balance of whether or not they'd figure it out.

Before we needed them to be core players, now we don't need them at all.

HOW REFRESHING!

I doubt you could get much more than a 6th or 7th for him. But Dwan Edwards has some value to a team that runs a 3-4 but he is too old and has an injury history to garner more than a 6th or 7th. I think that for a player that would likely be cut soon if you could get a draft pick for him I think you have to make that move.

D.Edwards is a sizable cap hit but he is a decent player. If another team wants to give up a pick for him pounce.

Can the Bills trade them Dwan Edwards and unload his $4m cap hit for a 3rd or 4th rounder please?

That could work !!! :flirt::thumbsup:

Chances are quite good that Edwards will get released outright. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet. He's paid too much for the minimal amount of snaps he is going to get, even if he wasn't playing out of position, and especially because for the first time in forever, we actually have to worry about how much money we're paying out, and still have to re-sign Byrd, Levitre, Urbik and Rinehart before next season.

The Browns or any other team are not going to give up anything more than a 7th round pick for Edwards, and likely not even that, because they will have to assume his contract. If they wait until he is released they could get him cheaper if they want him. He is a decent player who will play snaps in the NFL this season for some team, but he has little trade value right now.

At least try first to see if he generates anything !! Rather than doing what Jauron did with Dockery just waited and let him walk for nothing ..

You never know unless you try , if the Browns are now in need of a player that plays in his position you've got to at least try ..

You can't catch a fish if you don't wet a line - you know what i'm saying ??

At least try first to see if he generates anything !! Rather than doing what Jauron did with Dockery just waited and let him walk for nothing ..

You never know unless you try , if the Browns are now in need of a player that plays in his position you've got to at least try ..

You can't catch a fish if you don't wet a line - you know what i'm saying ??

Whoa, you already have Edwards gone, The Bills not even talking to other teams and are on the anger bus about it?

Why do people on this board keep believing that just because you don't want a player on the team, doesn't mean the Bills agree and another NFL franchise is going to give up a ridiculous amount to trade for him

Whoa, you already have Edwards gone, The Bills not even talking to other teams and are on the anger bus about it?

Why do people on this board keep believing that just because you don't want a player on the team, doesn't mean the Bills agree and another NFL franchise is going to give up a ridiculous amount to trade for him

Or just because they havent traded him haven't made a couple calls to see if there is any interest.

I'd be happy to see the Bills ditch Troupe. He's a far more likely replacement for Taylor, given their respective sizes, but I have no idea if the Browns would even give up a 7th for him.

Edited by DC Grid

The actual salary is not guaranteed until he is on the roster on opening day. Hence, it does not make any sense to release Edwards now. What if we have a similar season ending injury. Veterans are cap causalities either when FA starts (mainly due to them have Roster Bonuses) or in the 1st wave of training camp cuts when you are unlikely to have season ending injuries, Edwards is either traded now or will be on the roster till the 1st round of cuts.

I'd be happy to see the Bills ditch Troupe. He's a far more likely replacement for Taylor, given their respective sizes, but I have no idea if the Browns would even give up a 7th for him.

Troupe hasn't been fairly evaluated yet. The OTAs and training camp are huge for him, because he's finally healthy after having his spine issue addressed. I recall that in camp a year ago, Troupe was really impressing people until he hurt his hand, and then the back flared up. The guy has physical talent, and he's young.

Holy crap, I totally forgot Dwan Edwards was even on this team.

A point made in our off season review podcast: (dropped today, shameless plug, I know, but !@#$ it: billsandbeers.com)

One of the biggest differences between this year's team and teams of years past is the fact that players like Carrington, Moats and Edwards are now expendable. Before we'd be sitting around talking about the guys who we'd need to step up, and they were always middling players like the aforementioned. There was a consensus that our success hung in the balance of whether or not they'd figure it out.

Before we needed them to be core players, now we don't need them at all.

HOW REFRESHING!

"Carrington . . . expendable" ??? I really doubt that, he was starting to play well last year, and I expect he is going to have a very good year, maybe even breakout status with the new help.

Well, that's what we do.

Troupe hasn't been fairly evaluated yet. The OTAs and training camp are huge for him, because he's finally healthy after having his spine issue addressed. I recall that in camp a year ago, Troupe was really impressing people until he hurt his hand, and then the back flared up. The guy has physical talent, and he's young.

Agree

Can the Bills trade them Dwan Edwards and unload his $4m cap hit for a 3rd or 4th rounder please?

Not seeing why they'd want a 3-4 DE to replace a 3-4 NT? Heard or Troup would be more the style of player to look at, and neither are the caliber of player to trade for - at this point with what they've shown, more the caliber of player to pick up off the waiver wire.

Honestly, just because you want a player gone or think he's over-paid doesn't mean another team wants to trade for him

I doubt you could get much more than a 6th or 7th for him. But Dwan Edwards has some value to a team that runs a 3-4 but he is too old and has an injury history to garner more than a 6th or 7th. I think that for a player that would likely be cut soon if you could get a draft pick for him I think you have to make that move.

D.Edwards is a sizable cap hit but he is a decent player. If another team wants to give up a pick for him pounce.

A sixth or seventh rounder is better than nothing I suppose.