Mitt Romney up by EIGHT everywhere

i'm sure the 1000's of gm workers that vote fully agree with you. i didn't say it was surprising, i inferred it wouldn't play well. note the distinction.

Not that I don't get what you're getting at but hell of a straw man there.

And then you say people insult here out of desperation :lol:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that I don't get what you're getting at but hell of a straw man there.

And then you say people insult here out of desperation :lol:

relax. it's a campaign tactic. i find it greatly preferable to swift boating and much more benign.

maybe. note the new dem campaign showing how wonderful bain was to middle class workers whose companies they killed while getting rich and "improving" the economy. when asked about it, a romney staffer wouldn't comment other than to state "our intention is to make this a referendum on obama's presidency". we'll see how it plays...

Even Steve Rattner, ardent supporter of Obama and his former car czar knows that this is nonsense. Everyone in the world of finance knows that Bain Capital was one of the best Private Equity firms in the business. Do you even know what quality Private equity firms do? They invest in either start up or struggling companies. They provide capital infusions, trim fat, streamline products, market them and restructure accordingly. In other words, most of these companies were going to go out of business and with the help of these private equity firms they have a fighting chance at staying alive.

Bain Capital is universally recognized as the cream of the crop. They not only created lots of jobs, which is not the focus of any business, but they created wealth for investors which included pension funds.

So while only partisans, dimwits and lemmings believe that Bain capital "showed how wonderful bain was to middle class workers whse companies they killed while getting rich and 'improving' the economy" storlyline, lets really think this out for a second.

Try taking off your ideological goggles for a second and think about this .

Do you really believe that the Salt Lake City Olympic committee would go out and hire out of all people, Gordon Gekko the "vulture capitalist" to help turn around the Olympics that the US was hosting, when it was riddled with debt, inefficiencies and bordering on becoming a national embarrassment? You really believe they would do that?

Even Steve Rattner, ardent supporter of Obama and his former car czar knows that this is nonsense. Everyone in the world of finance knows that Bain Capital was one of the best Private Equity firms in the business. Do you even know what quality Private equity firms do? They invest in either start up or struggling companies. They provide capital infusions, trim fat, streamline products, market them and restructure accordingly. In other words, most of these companies were going to go out of business and with the help of these private equity firms they have a fighting chance at staying alive.

Bain Capital is universally recognized as the cream of the crop. They not only created lots of jobs, which is not the focus of any business, but they created wealth for investors which included pension funds.

So while only partisans, dimwits and lemmings believe that Bain capital "showed how wonderful bain was to middle class workers whse companies they killed while getting rich and 'improving' the economy" storlyline, lets really think this out for a second.

Try taking off your ideological goggles for a second and think about this .

Do you really believe that the Salt Lake City Olympic committee would go out and hire out of all people, Gordon Gekko the "vulture capitalist" to help turn around the Olympics that the US was hosting, when it was riddled with debt, inefficiencies and bordering on becoming a national embarrassment? You really believe they would do that?

There's the problem.

If you have a moment, this audio is outstanding.

Teacher goes nuts when student challenges teacher about Obama.. Teacher brings up Romney being a bully in high school. Student said "Obama bullied a little girl when he was younger," and the hilarity ensues.

How did you beat Dave in Elma to this.

I love that the one voice is the teacher--she is about as rational as a jar of mayonaise.

Teacher brings up Romney being a bully in high school. Student said "Obama bullied a little girl when he was younger," and the hilarity ensues.

And the irony of the teacher's attitude is completely lost on her. :wacko:

Teacher brings up Romney being a bully in high school. Student said "Obama bullied a little girl when he was younger," and the hilarity ensues.

I was considering public schooling for my daughter, I'm gonna have to rethink this.

:blink:

Wow

Those who can do. Those who can't, teach

That kids got a bright future ahead of him in whatever he chooses to be

That teacher will get tenure

Wow

LOL. I couldn't really hear that good for some reason but I heard some of it. Lets not knock all teachers though. Just b/c that woman got a job teaching doesn't mean she's a teacher.

LOL I got some headphones to hear it a little better this is sOOOOOO funny. "You will not disrespect the President of the United States in this class." "I'll say what I want." lol

Oh God...I'm enjoying this too much haha. This is classic.

Edited by TheNewBills

Wow

I've followed the discussion of this on a couple of different sites, and while people are upset with how the teacher behaved, the thing that I think deserves the most attention is how this started: apparently every day this teacher posts in her classroom a "Fact of the Day." That day's fact was, essentially, "Mitt Romney was a high school bully."

Twisted.

Edited by LABillzFan

Most people wouldn't trust the government to tie their shoe. Don't know why people would trust it with their kids for 7 hours a day.

Yes, because all teachers and public schools are illustrative of this.....and private schools are completely perfect. Your logic is so impressive. Oh, the horror of any child being educated in a public school. Again, I thank you for that post......not sure if I feel dumber or, actually, smarter by that.

Yes, because all teachers and public schools are illustrative of this.....and private schools are completely perfect. Your logic is so impressive. Oh, the horror of any child being educated in a public school. Again, I thank you for that post......not sure if I feel dumber or, actually, smarter by that.

wow.

My kids are in public school, but it's a good one. Which is why we moved here before having kids (and I'm damned if I'm going to spend as much as I would on college on private school). But I've taught my boys to think and speak up for themselves. If they have a teacher like this one, they'll do the same thing these kids did, and then tell me about it and we'd talk.

1337562057[/url]' post='2471396']

Don't think I said that this teacher is illustrative of all public schools. I responded to a post about public schools in general. People can do what they want, but it doesn't change the point that most people wouldn't trust the government to control diddly in their lives that mattered until it comes to 7 hours a day of their kids education with classes, rules, and methods that change with the political makeups of school boards, national education policies, union politics, and all manner of voter whims.

Edited by John Adams

My kids are in public school, but it's a good one. Which is why we moved here before having kids (and I'm damned if I'm going to spend as much as I would on college on private school). But I've taught my boys to think and speak up for themselves. If they have a teacher like this one, they'll do the same thing these kids did, and then tell me about it and we'd talk.

I would have no issue with my middle school daughter engaging in civil debate, similarly; the issue is with the commonplace overgeneralizations of good (private) versus evil (public) in this forum. It is just amazing that the discourse found here really has not evolved past that of, well, the level expected of upper elementary students. Almost like anything 'private' is a blessing from above against the rooted evil of anything deemed 'public'......because, again, nothing bad has ever occured within the confines of the typical 'private' space of life.....

The teacher was nutty, plain and simple....yet, to generalize that to everyone in that public sphere is like that is comical and demonstrates the mouth-breathing aptitude of those trying to justify that logic. Perhaps we should cover the assumptions to be gleaned from an N of 1? Yet, I believe there are a few pre-reqs needed before some could handle that content.