Mitt Romney up by EIGHT everywhere

The utter retardedness of that is perfectly illustrated by extending the golf metaphor: who the !@#$ talks about "needing an eagle to win" on the third hole of the course? :wallbash:

how many of the states that Kerry won do you expect to flip in the next 15 holes? and the metaphor was extended because i figure even a conservative republican can understand it.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how many of the states that Kerry won do you expect to flip in the next 15 holes? and the metaphor was extended because i figure even a conservative republican can understand it.

You're using Kerry/Bush as a basis of analysis.

Great...then I'll just refer you to the electoral map for Reagan/Mondale.

policies are never always right or wrong (there goes that dualist thinking again). most times we vote for the lesser of two evils or, to be charitable, the more desirable candidate. on that score, i'll take obama over romney.

that said, romney appears to have some momentum right now...but looking at the electoral map (even conceding nc, which no one is) he needs the equivalent of a political eagle to win while obama just needs to make par and might still win with a bogey.

What makes Barry more desirable than Romney?

But you said in post # 111, "who cares"?

The Adam Family

Sorry, but I don't live in an area with trees :thumbdown:

Not to mention, I look a bit more like Uncle Fester than anyone in that picture :devil:

So you were for gay marriage before you were against gay marriage before you decided you were for gay marriage again?

Quite the coincidence.

Hence the reason he's a fraud. And I still can't believe any MD would be for this charlatan, given his disdain for MD's and the joke that is Obamacare.

Hence the reason he's a fraud. And I still can't believe any MD would be for this charlatan, given his disdain for MD's and the joke that is Obamacare.

yeah, he never talked about anything similar to obamacare in his campaign or during debates,right? he actually talked about more fundamental and radical changes to health care than what he achieved. yet his ideals coincide with yours more than romneys before he supposedly became a fraud? that's way more phony than obama has ever appeared to me.

and next time you're at a national conference look for the "physicians for a national health program" booth. you'll meet many physicians who support "this charlatan". you might even feel compelled to join given your stated ideals.

Edited by birdog1960

yeah, he never talked about anything similar to obamacare in his campaign or during debates,right? he actually talked about more fundamental and radical changes to health care than what he achieved. yet his ideals coincide with yours more than romneys before he supposedly became a fraud? that's way more phony than obama has ever appeared to me.

and next time you're at a national conference look for the "physicians for a national health program" booth. you'll meet many physicians who support "this charlatan". you might even feel compeled to join given your stated ideals.

This guy can't even dare to promote his "biggest accomplishment". The law as written, would soon force single payer health insurance with the federal government. Do you actually think that is progress?

Edited by 3rdnlng

This guy can't even dare to promote his "biggest accomplishment". The law as written, would soon force single payer health insurance with the federal government. Do you actualy think that is progress?

Actually, replacing the ACA with single-payer government coverage would be progress. The ACA is just that stupid.

and next time you're at a national conference look for the "physicians for a national health program" booth. you'll meet many physicians who support "this charlatan". you might even feel compeled to join given your stated ideals.

LOL! You actually think that what he talked about before getting elected, and what he produced, had any similarity to each other?

And I didn't say you were the only doctor to still support this fraud. I find the majority who do are primary care docs, who laughably think that they'll be making more under Obamacare, when the truth is that internists and pediatricians will probably be replaced by APRNs and PAs as they retire and stop going into those fields, while applicationss to med school dwindle.

LOL! You actually think that what he talked about before getting elected, and what he produced, had any similarity to each other?

Better question: how does one reconcile the idea that the ACA is what Obama campaigned on, while simultaneously claiming that the ACA wasn't what he wanted but a compromise forced on him by the obstructionist Republican minority in Congress?

:wacko:

Better question: how does one reconcile the idea that the ACA is what Obama campaigned on, while simultaneously claiming that the ACA wasn't what he wanted but a compromise forced on him by the obstructionist Republican minority in Congress?

:wacko:

Oh, I know. He "evolved." :rolleyes:

And I didn't say you were the only doctor to still support this fraud. I find the majority who do are primary care docs, who laughably think that they'll be making more under Obamacare, when the truth is that internists and pediatricians will probably be replaced by APRNs and PAs as they retire and stop going into those fields, while applicationss to med school dwindle.

got any other unfounded theories you want to advance? i don't think anyone looking at these numbers would describe them as "dwindling". and do you see a precedent in single payor countries for the destruction of primary care? While not seeing a marked earnings increase, i see a stronger presence and reliance on primary care physicians with less costly care and generally better outcomes.

and dc, i didn't blame republicans in congress for the compromise on health care. while they certainly didn't help, there were several conservative dems that killed any chance for single payor, the plan that i and the 18000 physicians and med students in the organization i cited support. and yes, i believe that if obama had seen any realistic path to get there, he would have championed it as well. we saw how well trying to push for too rapid change in health care worked for clinton.

Edited by birdog1960

ACA talk in this topic too! Ahhh! Where have I been all your life 3rdnlng?

The law as written, would soon force single payer health insurance with the federal government.

Can you just explain your view here as well as you can?