Mitt Romney up by EIGHT everywhere

1337562984[/url]' post='2471404']

I would have no issue with my middle school daughter engaging in civil debate, similarly; the issue is with the commonplace overgeneralizations of good (private) versus evil (public) in this forum. It is just amazing that the discourse found here really has not evolved past that of, well, the level expected of upper elementary students. Almost like anything 'private' is a blessing from above against the rooted evil of anything deemed 'public'......because, again, nothing bad has ever occured within the confines of the typical 'private' space of life.....

The teacher was nutty, plain and simple....yet, to generalize that to everyone in that public sphere is like that is comical and demonstrates the mouth-breathing aptitude of those trying to justify that logic. Perhaps we should cover the assumptions to be gleaned from an N of 1? Yet, I believe there are a few pre-reqs needed before some could handle that content.

This topic subject evolved into a public school discussion. No one thinks this nut is typical, but you're all geared up to hear what you want. Turn down your defensiveness. We have discussed the disaster of public school no firing policies here many times. How a piece of trash like this woman teaches school, any school, is beyond many people here.

Edited by John Adams

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, because all teachers and public schools are illustrative of this.....and private schools are completely perfect. Your logic is so impressive. Oh, the horror of any child being educated in a public school. Again, I thank you for that post......not sure if I feel dumber or, actually, smarter by that.

Black or white? Wow, this is a first. You have me riled up enough to come to JA's defense. I'm sure he isn't jumpimg up and down with my support and I'm doing this reluctantly, but not because he doesn't have a valid point. Public schools have been declining. Not all, but overall most of them have. As a parent, it is your duty to do the best that you can for you kids. Doc settled in an area that had good public schools while JA chooses private schools. If you want to fault them, then check ranking of schools and then check money spent per student. It's ok, you can spout what you want though, you have your tenure.

Black or white? Wow, this is a first. You have me riled up enough to come to JA's defense. I'm sure he isn't jumpimg up and down with my support and I'm doing this reluctantly, but not because he doesn't have a valid point. Public schools have been declining. Not all, but overall most of them have. As a parent, it is your duty to do the best that you can for you kids. Doc settled in an area that had good public schools while JA chooses private schools. If you want to fault them, then check ranking of schools and then check money spent per student. It's ok, you can spout what you want though, you have your tenure.

Yes, because if I defend public schools I must be a part of one....your logic is impressive. Yep, you win....no way I can engage in a debate with you. Well done.

Yes, because if I defend public schools I must be a part of one....your logic is impressive. Yep, you win....no way I can engage in a debate with you. Well done.

He made a dumb conclusion. Doesn't change the fact that you did too.

Yikes, talk abut harsh.

From the Washington Post: The Obama team resembles Wile E. Coyote.

Newark Mayor Corey Booker laid into the Obama and Romney campaigns for their childish ads this weekend on Meet the Press, and the Obama campaign not only made Booker create a video to back off his comments, but they edited it to make it sound like an apology.

First, the original Bain attack ad was weak, easily rebutted because Romney was not at the steel company at the time of the layoffs depicted in the ad. To make matters worse, the day the ad was released Obama was fundraising among his group of investment bankers, resulting in widespread ridicule in the media. And don’t forget Obama’s former car czar also blasted the ad.

Then along comes Booker and his forced recantation. That only highlighted his searing indictment on “MTP.” Because it wasn’t, in the Obama team’s view, sufficiently convincing, it necessitated the edit. This clown show resembles more a Communist propaganda operation (shall Booker next be airbrushed out of all photos with Obama?) than a supposedly formidable presidential campaign.

The Bain attack now is largely in tatters, savaged by Democrats who don’t want to be the Occupy political party, by the media (which has begun to denigrate the Obama team’s prowess) and of course, by Romney, who has turned the tables comparing his real experience in the private sector with Obama’s crony capitalism.

This is one more “shiny object” gambit (e.g. “war on women,” gay marriage) gone wrong. Not only has Obama utterly failed to stain Romney or distract the public from the economy, but he also seems to have convinced even the previously sympathetic media that his campaign is both desperate and inept.

Yikes, talk abut harsh.

From the Washington Post: The Obama team resembles Wile E. Coyote.

Newark Mayor Corey Booker laid into the Obama and Romney campaigns for their childish ads this weekend on Meet the Press, and the Obama campaign not only made Booker create a video to back off his comments, but they edited it to make it sound like an apology.

That's not from the Post, that's from a conservative Post blogger.

That's not from the Post, that's from a conservative Post blogger.

Thats a pretty fanciful distinction, Tom

Jennifer Rubin's "Right Turn" blog has been posted at the Washington Post Opinions section for almost five years.

Thats a pretty fanciful distinction, Tom

Jennifer Rubin's "Right Turn" blog has been posted at the Washington Post Opinions section for almost five years.

It's a blog. It doesn't represent the Post any more than I represent TSW.

And that particular blog entry is laughably shallow. Half of her supporting argument references herself, and half the rest references other conservative blogs screaming "liberals are panicking!" It's not evidence of anything other than that people will believe their preconceived notions.

Hey ass hole. I love the way so many of you statist douche bags blast away with broad generalizations and absolutist declarations in response to perceived generalizations and absolutist declarations. You & C.Biscuit should hang out.

And while, contrary to your obvious interpretation, nobody asserted everything public sucks and everything private is awesome (private is usually better but getting into the finer distinctions is too nuanced for your comprehension), it takes a certain level of willful ignorance or outright stupidity to hold public schooling in this country as a whole up as a great model to follow.

I suspect you're the type that scoffs at the notion that allowing the Feds to control the curriculum is a good way to let the government ultimately control the minds of the people.

It's a blog. It doesn't represent the Post any more than I represent TSW.

And that particular blog entry is laughably shallow. Half of her supporting argument references herself, and half the rest references other conservative blogs screaming "liberals are panicking!" It's not evidence of anything other than that people will believe their preconceived notions.

Resembling Wile. E. Coyote.

Harsh.

Maybe not for your noggin. But harsh nonetheless.

If you aren't part of the system, why would you defend something that is generally failing? Public schools are failing. Teacher's unions are more concerned with themselves than the students. Way more money is spent per student in public schools than what is spent in private schools, while private schools are more effective. Can you defend your stance on public schools with any real evidence?

If you aren't part of the system, why would you defend something that is generally failing? Public schools are failing. Teacher's unions are more concerned with themselves than the students. Way more money is spent per student in public schools than what is spent in private schools, while private schools are more effective. Can you defend your stance on public schools with any real evidence?

Who needs evidence when you have righteous indignation

Hey ass hole. I love the way so many of you statist douche bags blast away with broad generalizations and absolutist declarations in response to perceived generalizations and absolutist declarations. You & C.Biscuit should hang out.

And while, contrary to your obvious interpretation, nobody asserted everything public sucks and everything private is awesome (private is usually better but getting into the finer distinctions is too nuanced for your comprehension), it takes a certain level of willful ignorance or outright stupidity to hold public schooling in this country as a whole up as a great model to follow.

I suspect you're the type that scoffs at the notion that allowing the Feds to control the curriculum is a good way to let the government ultimately control the minds of the people.

Not sure that is the smartest way to start a post......that is a bit revealing of yourself. Moreover, I will let your words speak for themselves.

Not sure that is the smartest way to start a post......that is a bit revealing of yourself. Moreover, I will let your words speak for themselves.

Despite his attack and 3rd's lack of ability to reason, you haven't launched any defense of the public school problems brought up here.

If you have a moment, this audio is outstanding.

Teacher goes nuts when student challenges teacher about Obama.. Teacher brings up Romney being a bully in high school. Student said "Obama bullied a little girl when he was younger," and the hilarity ensues.

"As a social studies teacher, I cannot allow you to slander any President"

:lol:

And yes, she gets to wear a badge too. If "telling the truth about" = "slander", what happens when James Buchanan's name comes up? Or Franklin Pierce? For a black woman? :blink: (I am making the same face I usually do when I read a DiN post) :lol: We can't tell the truth about Presidents who oversaw the expansion of slavery? :lol:

See, I am sitting here thinking of what I would have done to this lady in that class, like the above...and if youtube had been around at the time? :w00t:

This is completely unacceptable. Not only isn't she teaching, she's spreading falsehoods.

Not sure I postulated a stance on public schools…..simply highlighting the fact that generalizations are not contributory toward much of anything. Plus, with being addressed as “a—hole” indicates to me that I have much less invested in this forum and airing my views than others…..the juice, for me, is not worth the squeeze….so please chalk this up as a “win” and running off another moderate.

For the record, I love the competition that private schools offer that is not otherwise evident…..in the hopes it forces all educational systems to educate our children in the most effective way as the enter our society and the global economy. Simple as that – I do not want to see public schools fail simply because they are public (or private simply because they are private).....schooling is too important to hold either simpleton view.

I can also wrap my eyes around the fact there are terrific public schools and private schools and there are pathetic public and private schools……so to overstate or generalize does not allow the real issues to be discussed.

Just giving you a little of your own.

Really? I addressed you in the same fashion? Accept my apologies, I did not realize I did.

Not sure I postulated a stance on public schools…..simply highlighting the fact that generalizations are not contributory toward much of anything. Plus, with being addressed as “a—hole” indicates to me that I have much less invested in this forum and airing my views than others…..the juice, for me, is not worth the squeeze….so please chalk this up as a “win” and running off another moderate.

For the record, I love the competition that private schools offer that is not otherwise evident…..in the hopes it forces all educational systems to educate our children in the most effective way as the enter our society and the global economy. Simple as that – I do not want to see public schools fail simply because they are public (or private simply because they are private).....schooling is too important to hold either simpleton view.

I can also wrap my eyes around the fact there are terrific public schools and private schools and there are pathetic public and private schools……so to overstate or generalize does not allow the real issues to be discussed.

Really? I addressed you in the same fashion? Accept my apologies, I did not realize I did.

I think people on both sides of the aisle would agree though, that there are big problems in education. I remember way back when I was in school, we were taught that President Nixon was the first to be impeached.......

Not sure I postulated a stance on public schools…..simply highlighting the fact that generalizations are not contributory toward much of anything. Plus, with being addressed as "a—hole" indicates to me that I have much less invested in this forum and airing my views than others…..the juice, for me, is not worth the squeeze….so please chalk this up as a "win" and running off another moderate.

Over generalization is a valid point in this case. We can't transpose this behavior onto every public school teacher.

However, we can observe the results. Will she be fired? This is after all gross incompetence. If not, why not? Could it be due to the undue influence unions have on our public school systems?

Your point about private and public is well taken. I think we should continue to encourage both...as long as the playing field is level for both. You can't call something competition...that isn't.

I see, you are above the fray. I didn't call you an !@#$, but may have thought it. Who said they want to see public schools fail? Yes, there are terrific public schools and terrific private schools. There are also pathetic public schools. Other than an abberation or two, there aren't any pathetic private schools. They wouldn't last. You see, that's my point. Public schools that are pathetic are allowed to exist because of the grip the teachers unions have on the system. The reason I surmised that you were part of the system is that nobody with any sense would stick up for them, unless they were part of them.