crazy boys baseball team forfeits championship

I feel like this story should be coming out of Afghanistan.

PHOENIX -- Instead of playing in a championship baseball game, Paige Sultzbach and her team won't even make it to the dugout.

A Phoenix school that was scheduled to play the 15-year-old Mesa girl and her male teammates forfeited the game rather than face a female player.

Our Lady of Sorrows bowed out of Thursday night's game against Mesa Preparatory Academy in the Arizona Charter Athletic Association championship. The game had been scheduled at Phoenix College.

-- Pamela Sultzbach, the mother of Paige Sultzbach, who plays second base for Mesa Preparatory Academy of the Arizona Charter Athletic Association

Paige, who plays second base at Mesa Prep, had to sit out two previous games against Our Lady of Sorrows out of respect for its beliefs. But having her miss the championship was not an option for Mesa Prep.

I think this school is in that Catholic break-off sect Mel Gibson is involved with.

http://espn.go.com/h...forfeit-phoenix

Edited by John Adams

that leviticus was one crazy dude.....and look at the ones who follow what he says...(or at least some of what he says...not all of it, you know...whatever's convenient and whatever they currently don't participate in...)

To be fair. "And then the lord said, Girls cannot play baseball" Lev. 18:12

that leviticus was one crazy dude.....and look at the ones who follow what he says...(or at least some of what he says...not all of it, you know...whatever's convenient and whatever they currently don't participate in...)

Like this phrase?

"And the Lord said, thou must lie with thy teacher as husband and wife, then brag about it to your students via electronic means"

I feel like this story should be coming out of Afghanistan.

I think this school is in that Catholic break-off sect Mel Gibson is involved with.

http://espn.go.com/h...forfeit-phoenix

Nah, in Countries like Afghanistan they would have just stoned her before taking the field, along with the other team for allowing her to play. They wouldn't lose by a forefeit to a team just because a girl was playing on it

haha! They didn't want to lose to a girl!

A few years ago I was at a wrestling tournament that my son was participating in. There was a girl wrestler in the 110lb or so division, She had never won a match in her life, but she was not terrible. Each guy would approach and try to be cool when they won, kind of shrugging it off like "well, it was just a girl". Finally as the day wore on, the kids were getting tired, the girl ended up against a similar sized 110lb kid from an inner city school. The kids teammates were loud and a bit thuggish, showing their bravado with macho swagger you would expect in a basketball game in the inner city.

The 110 lb male immediately went to work, trying to trounce the girl in the first minute, she kept him at bay and each time he was about to get a pin, she was able to lift her shoulder, or slip onto her belly. The boy was really using up all his gas by mid second round, the girl started to get points (i think she had been behind by almost 6 at one point and was now coming close). The teammates were now giving him the business with each point she got. As she scored a point to go ahead, his bench went wild (the whole gym went wild as well). The kids face was priceless as the third round started with him down by 1.

By the beginning of round 3 he knew he had nothing left and worse than that, she knew it too. She was on bottom and immediately got out for 2 points, the teammates were slapping the mats and howling at him. She got on top and started to go to a cradle, bringing his legs up and over his chest, every person in the facility was screaming for the girl, (I had never heard this at any match, usually there are 3-4 going on simultaneously), he looked towards his coach with that "what do I do now?" look, but the coach was too busy trying to cool down his howling banshees who were tormenting their teammate. Finally, the double slap on the mat by the ref indicated the pin (had Van Miller been calling it he would have coined the phrase "Pindemonium"). The boys teammates exploded with exaggerated laughter and mocking sheer disbelief. After the wrestlers met in the middle for the final pronouncement, the girls teammates gave her a few slaps on the back and congrats amid well deserved cheers from the crowd. The guy that lost, well, he had to walk back to his section of the bleachers, head down while the coach tried to console him. I swear you could almost see him wish he had never shown up that day.

And in case you were wondering, No it was not my son (I would have locked the doors)

i swear i was just trying to help it get over the fence.... :oops:

Girls playing baseball is illegal in North Carolina - we were smart enough to outlaw this type of craziness.

Oh, but sex with goats is still ok; in fact it's recomended.