Michelle Bachmann, Swiss Miss

She officially obtained dual citizenship this week (husband is Swiss). I wonder how she feels about their liberal policies regarding health care, gun laws, gay and lesbian rights etc and their european outlook.. Isn't really consistent with her loudly stated belief system, is it? Is she hedging her bets should the US economy fail? No matter what the explanation, I've gotta think it drops her standing, at least a little, among purist teapartiers.

LOL.....you're really behind the curve here BD.

Politico

Michele Bachmann: Swiss citizen since 1978

L A Times

Michele Bachmann gives up Swiss citizenship

Though her dual Swiss-U.S. citizenship was a 'non-story,' Rep. Michele Bachmann now wants to make clear her allegiance to the United States.

Politico

L A Times

Though her dual Swiss-U.S. citizenship was a 'non-story,' Rep. Michele Bachmann now wants to make clear her allegiance to the United States.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

/thread

Politico

L A Times

Did you even read the politico article? Seems the Swiss govt wasn't aware til this year and she "alleges" citzenship since 1978. If it's such a "nonstory", why are politico and the la times writing about it and she, rescinding her citizenship a few days after her spokesperson announced it?

Edited by birdog1960

Did you even read the politico article? Seems the Swiss govt wasn't aware til this year and she "alleges" citzenship since 1978. If it's such a "nonstory", why are politico and the la times writing about it?

Seriously? Your criteria for what is a story of note is if some bored journalist with nothing better to do to writes about it?

I think a more interesting question is why left wingers have such a fascination with a random member of Congress whose campaign for President lasted about five minutes and was over months ago. What, did the Sarah Palin gum finally run out of flavor? Or is this just the best way to deflect attention from our President's disastrous leadership?

Did you even read the politico article? Seems the Swiss govt wasn't aware til this year and she "alleges" citzenship since 1978. If it's such a "nonstory", why are politico and the la times writing about it and she, rescinding her citizenship a few days after her spokesperson announced it?

Of course I read it sir, I would not have posted it otherwise.

Just as I would not have made your original post, full of laughable liberal insinuations,

without knowing the whole story........................but hey, feel free to attack a conservative woman without any actual facts, its what the left does.

You're a !@#$ing retard.

Touche. I was aware of mandatory military service (and have witnessed armed military on trains) but not aware of the Swiss being armed to the teeth at home, albeit with their customary strictly enforced rules. I'll subtract a touchdown from my running score. I'm still up by 10.

He ate dog, I tell you!

You do as you wish Mr. A.

but your little taunt is particulary weak, because everyone knows that conservatives only brougt out that old Obama "dog" story in response to the left's constant use of the silly "Seamus on the roof" story as some sort of indication of Mitt's character.

There are plenty of other anti-Obama myths that would be more effective to your purpose.

You do as you wish Mr. A.

but your little taunt is particulary weak, because everyone knows that conservatives only brougt out that old Obama "dog" story in response to the left's constant use of the silly "Seamus on the roof" story as some sort of indication of Mitt's character.

There are plenty of other anti-Obama myths that would be more effective to your purpose.

No sh-- Sherlock. I brought the dog up because it was stupid in response to stupid. This Backman story is in the same vein.

She officially obtained dual citizenship this week (husband is Swiss). I wonder how she feels about their liberal policies regarding health care, gun laws, gay and lesbian rights etc and their european outlook.. Isn't really consistent with her loudly stated belief system, is it? Is she hedging her bets should the US economy fail? No matter what the explanation, I've gotta think it drops her standing, at least a little, among purist teapartiers.

I wonder if it is just a publicity stunt for the Michele Bachman Filet Show.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

That's hot!

Of course I read it sir, I would not have posted it otherwise.

Just as I would not have made your original post, full of laughable liberal insinuations,

without knowing the whole story........................but hey, feel free to attack a conservative woman without any actual facts, its what the left does.

For some reason liberals are threatened by good looking, independent, strong women. At the same time love whiney, ugly needy liberal women. It wold be interesting if someone who knows a lot more than me about psychology offer some insight.