Mom advertises for daughter's prom date on Craigslist

"My daughter and her friends attend a small private school in Seattle. The Senior Prom is June 2nd. My husband and I are looking to hire four prom dates for my daughter and her three friends. All the gals are very good looking, trim, friendly, and fun. We can trade photos. The time commitment would be seven hours..5pm to midnight paid at $50 per hour. If you are taller than 6feet, good looking, fit and outgoing, please send your photo to me as soon as possible. You will be required to interview, if selected, you will also need to meet for a one hour strategy session and tux fitting in advance of prom night. All expenses will be paid by us, tux rental, pre-party at down town high rise condo, limo, Senior dinner, and prom. To be clear..all expenses paid, no compensation for interview or tux fitting, $350 for seven hours on Prom night."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-mom-looks-for-daughters-prom-date-on-craigslist-20120508,0,3592950.story

Parents of the year candidates?

I'm sure the guys answering a Craigslist ad to take teenage girls to the prom for cash is the safe way to go. The girls don't know any guys? They don't have any male friends that can go? I'm sure the parents are going to be able to weed out any of the guys that may be trouble and find the best ones. The ad says more about the requirements for the guys looks then the kind of person they are :rolleyes:

Parents of the year candidates?

I'm sure the guys answering a Craigslist ad to take teenage girls to the prom for cash is the safe way to go. The girls don't know any guys? They don't have any male friends that can go? I'm sure the parents are going to be able to weed out any of the guys that may be trouble and find the best ones. The ad says more about the requirements for the guys looks then the kind of person they are :rolleyes:

Could be an all girls school. Just a thought

I think the article says it is, but they don't have friends outside of school? If its all girls and they have no contact with other children of the opposite sex their age, why are they having a prom/dance?

I went to an all guys HS (Mcquaid in rochester) and we had a prom. We didnt really mingle with mercy much so when I needed a date I asked a girl who rode the bus home with all the other private schools. It worked out but I can see why some people might have trouble. It can be awkward for kids to find dates like that if they dont go to school together

I went to an all guys HS (Mcquaid in rochester) and we had a prom. We didnt really mingle with mercy much so when I needed a date I asked a girl who rode the bus home with all the other private schools. It worked out but I can see why some people might have trouble. It can be awkward for kids to find dates like that if they dont go to school together

I went to McQuaid too. Going to an all-boys or all-girls school would not be an excuse. I knew tons of girls.

Edited by John Adams