Any 2007 Silverado 2500HD owners?

Mr Info

I am looking to pick up a 2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 diesel to be towing a 6-7k load. I selected that year because of the tranny upgrade in 2006 and the interior upgrade over the 2006 model. The Duramax/Cummins combo is solid. Has anyone put a chip in it to increase mpg? I will pre-emptively talk about the F-250 before the Ford aficionados jump on this. I might have selected the 02-03 model when their diesels were reliable but the 6.0s after this were junky. However, the single front axle was the difference breaker when compared to the Silverado. My wife will be driving this and wanted more comfort. I know Ford started making their own diesel in '11 but I don't want to spend that much for a late model. Thanks ahead for any feedback.

It took me a long time to pull the trigger on the type of truck I needed. I for the 2006 Ford F350 Lariet crew cab full four door SRW 6.0l powerstroke with full size bed and weather guard tool box. I added a gooseneck and a class 5 hitch both capable of hauling 26,000 lbs. I recently pulled 12,000 lbs no problem barely there. I have always been a GM fan but Ford has blown them away in most categories. The interrupt alone is worth it. By 2006 the 6.0 was refined. Dodge may have the Cummins but it is not all that to me. My truck not only looks great but it works. I can pull more with regular tires in 2WD then my 1983 Chevrolet k20 with off road tires in 4WD and a 350 motor. I also have a 94 S10, 93 GMC Safari, and my old 98 Cavalier. So, yeah GM has always been big to me.

I will never put a chip in my truck, just a have my K&N air intake system. May put airbags on it for easier rides. Also planning on train horn.