With My 1000 post.

Tux of Borg

Yeah making weapons out of PVC pipe is great. Ask my friend about it, nevermind he's dead.

I'm sure you don't make PVC weaponry, but seeing someone sit there and talk about making weapons out of pipe isn't cool to me. Maybe it's because a friend of mine blew the lower half of his body off and died later in the day. It's not fun going to a funeral for a 20 year old that blew himself up with a pipe bomb on accident.

God people can be so !@#$ing stupid.

God people can be so !@#$ing stupid.

184725[/snapback]

That's right. That's why when making any backyard weaponary, you need to research it first, before building it. Don't just settle on the first webpage you find that shows how to make something, look for other sites and check out their directions also. For instance, potato guns. I've seen a few sites that do not mention that after glueing the pieces together, you need to wait at least 24 hours before using it. The glue has fumes that can ignite, plus if it's not fully cured, it will come apart on you the first time you try to use it.

I made a 6-foot long PVC Potato gun when I was about 16. Thing was so damn cool. I lived in Derby, and had acres of woods behind my house. Without exaggeration, I could shoot a piece of potato 250 yards with a good shot.

Fun as hell. Dangerous? Of course. But if you play everything safe your whole life you'll end up being a vegetarian.

I made a 6-foot long PVC Potato gun when I was about 16. Thing was so damn cool. I lived in Derby, and had acres of woods behind my house. Without exaggeration, I could shoot a piece of potato 250 yards with a good shot.

184856[/snapback]

I made a potato howitzer about 8 years ago. The chamber was about 4 feet long, using 4" pipe. I had interchangeable barrels, a 1/2", 1", and 2", each 6 feet long. I used an air compressor instead of hair spray obviously, which allowed me to use a sprinkler valve for the trigger, hooked to a remote box, with 2 switches for activating it. Load the barrel with whatever, pump it up to about 100psi, stand back and hit the switches. We were putting paintballs through the siding of my parents old barn. I even had made a stand for it so you would need to hold it during firing.

I made a potato howitzer about 8 years ago. The chamber was about 4 feet long, using 4" pipe. I had interchangeable barrels, a 1/2", 1", and 2", each 6 feet long. I used an air compressor instead of hair spray obviously, which allowed me to use a sprinkler valve for the trigger, hooked to a remote box, with 2 switches for activating it. Load the barrel with whatever, pump it up to about 100psi, stand back and hit the switches. We were putting paintballs through the siding of my parents old barn. I even had made a stand for it so you would need to hold it during firing.

184867[/snapback]

you are the wind beneath my wings.

Seriously, that sounds sweet.

Mine was just a 6' piece of PVC, connected to a Y-connection, and a shorter piece. A grill lighter was my ignition, which was attached with Hot Glue, I believe. Then you opened then end, sprayed either hair spray, or WD40 in the end, closed it up, pull the trigger on the grill lighter and BOOM!

The funny thing was, if you didnt have good contact on the whole potato, it would just basically fall out the ned with a whimper.

I always made mine with straight pipe. I would drill a whole in a cap for the grill ignitor, then use lots of hot glue to secure it in there. So all you would need to do is slap your hand against the end of the pipe.

I even made one for my 4 year old (at the time) nephew. 1' combustion chamber, 1.5' x 1" barrel. We painted it black, then used silver paint to paint "Lil' Spuddy" on the side. He always liked watching us "shoot potatos" so we decided to make him his own.

I didn't think I needed a disclaimer for my original post. Common sense dictates that PVC weaponry can be quite dangerous. It's not like McDonalds coffee that needs to tell you its hot in 5 different languages. To some it might just be a pretentious device. I personally like PVC weaponry. Teenage boys are going to do stupid things. Building a flame thrower that shoots out 20 feet might just be one of them.

I didn't think I needed a disclaimer for my original post.  Common sense dictates that PVC weaponry can be quite dangerous.  It's not like McDonalds coffee that needs to tell you its hot in 5 different languages.  To some it might just be a pretentious device.  I personally like PVC weaponry.  Teenage boys are going to do stupid things.  Building a flame thrower that shoots out 20 feet might just be one of them.

185391[/snapback]

I didn't mean to get on you about it, my comments were more or less directed at the idiot that did it and thought he was "cool".

PVC weaponry just strikes a nerve with me, as I'm sure you can understand with the information I've given you.