Here's an idea: show training camp on the internet

Even though going to a training camp session is free, the whole point of the public part of camp is $. That's why they herd you through the vendor area and merchandise tent on your way to and from the field. They want you buying gear & food. They want you connecting personally with the team so that you'll buy tickets. They want you to bring your kids so that the next generation of fandom is on board.

Not sure how much of that happens if you're watching it on TV.

They call them commericals.

Even though going to a training camp session is free, the whole point of the public part of camp is $. That's why they herd you through the vendor area and merchandise tent on your way to and from the field. They want you buying gear & food. They want you connecting personally with the team so that you'll buy tickets. They want you to bring your kids so that the next generation of fandom is on board.

Not sure how much of that happens if you're watching it on TV.

IF the ratings were sufficient, then the Bills could hypothetically charge a fee for carrying the practices which the station would in turn, sell advertising for.

There could be two separate revenue streams, not just one… especially if it ends up increasing their total revenue.

No issue with any kind of "spy gate" in training camp.

Of all of the open practices I have been to at SJF I have never seen anything but basic plays and formations.

They certainly are not running anything that would need to be kept a secret from other teams.

Wasn't there a little drama last year because the team changed the physical layout of the bleachers/field and made it a lot harder for fans to see what was going on on the field?

Anyone?

was that the one where those tweener punks dogged trent edwards?

Still love Chan for his response to that -- even if Trent did deserve the "dogging."

Funniest post of the day.

Wait, why is that funn...OH, I get it. HAHAHAHAHAHA -- why would Belichick or anyone else need to watch this crappy ass team practice to get an advantage!!! That's freaking hilarious!!!

Wasn't there a little drama last year because the team changed the physical layout of the bleachers/field and made it a lot harder for fans to see what was going on on the field?

Anyone?

I'm not sure about "drama" but they did change things around a little. Most people that had an opinion preferred the old layout, but the new one is fine as well.

Still love Chan for his response to that -- even if Trent did deserve the "dogging."

Wait, why is that funn...OH, I get it. HAHAHAHAHAHA -- why would Belichick or anyone else need to watch this crappy ass team practice to get an advantage!!! That's freaking hilarious!!!

No, it's funny because, as others have pointed out, there is nothing for BB or any other coach to gain from watching the Bills (or any other team) hold training camps where, essentially, they are only trying to decide who makes the team.

There is no way you are as dense as you are appearing. You want to rank on my every response, have at it. But jeez, chief, help yourself out a little....

No, it's funny because, as others have pointed out, there is nothing for BB or any other coach to gain from watching the Bills (or any other team) hold training camps where, essentially, they are only trying to decide who makes the team.

There is no way you are as dense as you are appearing. You want to rank on my every response, have at it. But jeez, chief, help yourself out a little....

So why'd every team send a rep with a camera when Snyder charged for Skins' camp? Perhaps to evaluate players who might be cut and gain an advantage in that respect? Nobody said they were picking up game plans.

In any event, I think I interpreted your statement just fine...

I never get to camp ONCE. Heat, rain, crowds, parking/shuttle hassles, night practices that require tickets I don't have, etc.

Probably couldn't find a purse to match your dress. :lol:

So why'd every team send a rep with a camera when Snyder charged for Skins' camp? Perhaps to evaluate players who might be cut and gain an advantage in that respect? Nobody said they were picking up game plans.

In any event, I think I interpreted your statement just fine...

The OP obviously thought so.

So "every team sent a rep with a camera" to the Redskins camp to....video tape the potential Redskins cuts....."perhaps"?

Keep digging, you're doing just fine.