Why we need to occupy Detroit, instead of Baghdad

Yeah, you weren't implying anything at all. :rolleyes:

I will as soon as you promise to keep it accurate. Who was that directed towards, you, or JA? Christ, I am beset by unobservant lawyers recently.

In a Democratic dominated town that has been such for 50 years? With a bunch of "trustees" who say things like "it was an opportunity for a minority firm to grow"? To which choices do you refer? Where's the choice in people serving their lord well, in the hopes that one day they will get a chance at a fiefdom....provided that the king can keep securing Federal aid money?

You seriously want me to go do a bunch of research and determine who the primary candidates were for every single one of these clowns, and the mayor, when we already know the answer? "Detroit needs a white mayor".

Come now. This is a Feudal system, and it's failures are empirically identical to the failures of Feudal systems. Sooner or later, incompetency and thievery rules, and the people suffer immensely. How many businesses/people have left Detroit and why have they left? I'll make you a deal: you agree to do that research, when you already know the answer, and then I'll agree to look up the history of how many white primary candidates have been given a real shot to get elected, since we know 0 Republicans have.

We don't need to do research to know that it's failing, or to know why. 50 years, or at least, 30 years of power being reserved for a protected "nobility" based on "blood", and, wealth being accumulated through criminal behavior? Obvious Feudalism speaks for itself.

I'm merely suggesting that we liberate our fellow Americans in Detroit, from the Feudal lords that have imposed their system on them. Seems like a worthy cause to me.

I can appreciate what you're saying.

But everything else aside, your thesis was essentially that unqualified black folks were given the job because they were black and that there being black was the quality that precluded a more qualifed white (or candidate of another race) from being chosen for the position.

That would presume that there were more qualified candidates of a different race or ethinicity that body politic had to choose amongst but didn't.

Isn't knowing that variable - which would entail the "bunch of reasearch" that you mention - absolutely necessary to advance your thesis?

For how can someone opt for a candidate that was not available to be chosen?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can appreciate what you're saying.

But everything else aside, your thesis was essentially that unqualified black folks were given the job because they were black and that there being black was the quality that precluded a more qualifed white (or candidate of another race) from being chosen for the position.

That would presume that there were more qualified candidates of a different race or ethinicity that body politic had to choose amongst but didn't.

Isn't knowing that variable - which would entail the "bunch of reasearch" that you mention - absolutely necessary to advance your thesis?

For how can someone opt for a candidate that was not available to be chosen?

Not necessarily. How many "candidates" would oppose a feudal lord back in the day? And, what would happen to them, if they did? If they didn't win, they'd be dead.

We can't know who might have run, but would/will never consider it, due to wrath of the Feudal Lords of Detroit.

So, just because there are no viable white candidates, and I still haven't bothered to look this up, doesn't mean that there doesn't need to be, or, there is no problem. In fact, a historical pattern of hardly any white primary candidates....would confirm my thesis, not deny it.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

"Free Trade" alone doesn't outsource jobs. "Free Trade" + unreasonable corporate leadership + unreasonable union demands + overbearing government = outsourced jobs. For whatever reason, most people don't understand competition or the things that drive/dilute it. Your assertion is far too simple to be realistic.

At the end of the day, it's all about "me first". Until Republicans and Democrats can start pointing the wagging fingers back at themselves, nothing changes.

Post. of. the. year. As a moderate independent, I wish more dialogue would end with this concluding statement. But, nope....for some reason most here either feel compelled to showcase a machismo only possible behind the strength of a keyboard or rudely insult an alternative view probably because their own position cannot withstand debate.

After reading many threads in this forum over the last few days (after about a 3 year hiatus) I conclude: (a) I feel dumber after reading most of the threads (b) while some of you guys/gals are funny, you also exhibit tendancies of bullying with how you target in one some posters and simply do not let go with the over the top summaries.............I am not judging just objectively concluding.

Carry on. Oh, one last thing......it is also clear if you always take a chance to reduce politics down to 'us' versus 'them' (D vs. R) then the joke is actually on you.....the two party system has failed us.......radical politics of both sides are taking us down a road that I am quite confident no one really wants to go down. But, please continue defending the indefensible......at some point, us moderate independents will be waiting with open arms.......

Post. of. the. year. As a moderate independent, I wish more dialogue would end with this concluding statement. But, nope....for some reason most here either feel compelled to showcase a machismo only possible behind the strength of a keyboard or rudely insult an alternative view probably because their own position cannot withstand debate.

After reading many threads in this forum over the last few days (after about a 3 year hiatus) I conclude: (a) I feel dumber after reading most of the threads (b) while some of you guys/gals are funny, you also exhibit tendancies of bullying with how you target in one some posters and simply do not let go with the over the top summaries.............I am not judging just objectively concluding.

Carry on. Oh, one last thing......it is also clear if you always take a chance to reduce politics down to 'us' versus 'them' (D vs. R) then the joke is actually on you.....the two party system has failed us.......radical politics of both sides are taking us down a road that I am quite confident no one really wants to go down. But, please continue defending the indefensible......at some point, us moderate independents will be waiting with open arms.......

Adam, why are you posting under another user?

In the immortal words of Mel Kiper, Jr.:

"clearly you don't understand what PPP is all about"

:lol: