Why we need to occupy Detroit, instead of Baghdad

:o How could I say that? After all, aren't I the guy always taking about individual responsibility, individual freedom, and haven't I been saying the government is out of hand, etc.?

Yeah, the problem is, NONE of that exists in Detroit, and their government is literally, criminally out of hand. The people of Detroit have consistently made so many bad choices, that it is now affecting the rest of the country. WE have rights as well. They are not entitled to drain State and Federal dollars for personal gain, or hope that some of what their elected leaders steal will trickle down to them. Nothing positive is coming from this city, and we need to free the rest of the state, and the country in general, from their bad behavior.

See here. Notable quotes from that article and my response:

"one trustee wondering: "Will it ever end?""

No, clown. Not as long as you keep electing people because they are Black Democrats who have no fear of being held accountable...because they are Black Democrats.

"It was a big, big sense of disappointment," said Orzech "They were a local minority firm that got a chance to grow. It's disappointing."

Disappointing? Is that what you are going to tell the police/fire guys? Disappointing is that not only did you use minority status to make the hiring decision, you took an active interest in their business. It's not your job to make sure minority firms grow, clown, it's their job. How much more patronizing can you be, there George? Who is the racist here?

Here is the picture of Detroit's city council: here.

Now, does that "look like America"TM? Where's the diversity? I know diversity works. It has for years, but diversity means what it says. There is nothing diverse about that group. "Are you telling me that in that entire city, there isn't one white, asian, etc. who isn't more qualified to be on that council?"TM

Hehe....love using the dopiest arguments for diversity against the clowns. And in case you are wondering: "is this a racial argument?" F yeah, it is. But who has made race the operative concept here? When your only qualification for office in Detroit is your skin color, when the cronyism and corruption has turned to gangster level criminal activity, and especially when the white "enlightened" liberal clowns have created this situation and perpetuate it based solely on race...then F yeah, it's a racial argument. The "enlightened" clowns have seen fit to make a racial argument the only congruent response.

Look, it's clear that this entire city is on the take. EVERYONE. It's also clear that they cannot help themselves. So, we must help them, by taking away their ability to continue to hurt themselves. It's no different than a court ordering a junkie to rehab. It would cost us a hell of lot less money in aid to Detroit, and is the only "moral" thing to do.

Or, we could just cut off their funding completely for 10 years. But that's like forcing the junkie to quit cold turkey...usually fails, and can cause real trouble for the junkie and everyone else.

What else solves Detroit? Horseshit. It is that bad, already. Too extreme? Horseshit. It is already an extreme problem, and that means it requires an extreme solution.

-----------------------------------------

Oh...and I have been working while I have been writing this...now that I'm back, Look at this, a black DFP columnist who agrees with me. Not about my solution, of course, but certainly about the state of things:

What will it take for Detroit to be fixed, to get better, he asked[her, ten F'ing years ago]."The election of a white mayor," I told him.

:lol: Yeah, but I'm racist for calling BS on this entire city? Please. :rolleyes: What else can be done, that has a real chance of working, besides rehab, and all the restrictions that come with it, for these junkies?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most Corrupt Town in America - Bell, CA - population: 39,000. City Council-persons salary: 800,000 annually.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/bell/

http://gawker.com/5644817/bell-california-americas-most-corrupt-town

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-09-21/justice/california.bell.arrests_1_luis-artiga-misappropriation-victor-bello?_s=PM:CRIME

"Now, does that "look like America"TM? Where's the diversity? I know diversity works. It has for years, but diversity means what it says. There is nothing diverse about that group. "Are you telling me that in that entire city, there isn't one white black, Asian, etc. who isn't more qualified to be on that council?"TM

HUGE Corruption amongst Public Officials and Law Enforcement

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/176587/2/Press-conference-names-Helena-West-Helena-officers-arrested

"Now, does that "look like America"TM? Where's the diversity? I know diversity works. It has for years, but diversity means what it says. There is nothing diverse about that group. "Are you telling me that in that entire city, there isn't one white anglo-american of second generation eastern-european but, non-russian, descent; Asian, etc. who isn't more qualified to be on that council a public offical?"TM

Chicago - MOST CORRUPT CITY IN THE NATION; Illinois - THIRD MOST CORRUPT STATE IN THE NATION; 4 of ILLINOIS' 7 Governors since the 70s CONVICTED...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/14/chicago-called-most-corrupt-city-in-nation/

Look at Illinois' governor's here

"Now, does that "look like America"TM? Where's the diversity? I know diversity works. It has for years, but diversity means what it says. There is nothing diverse about that group. "Are you telling me that in that entire city state, there isn't one white black, anglo-american of second generation eastern-european but, non-russian, descent; Asian, Pacific Islander, etc. who isn't more qualified to be on that council Governor?TM

Hehe....love using the dopiest arguments for diversity against the clowns. And in case you are wondering: "is this a racial argument?" F yeah, it is. But who has made race the operative concept here? When your only qualification for office in Detroit Illinois is your skin color, when the cronyism and corruption has turned to gangster level criminal activity, and especially..."

Your exact words - both the race-related sentiment, and the ideological sentiment - are equally applicable to instances, people, groups, and places, that you couldn't have hoped to contrive and certainly didn't portend when writing your ham-handed, one-sided, partisan diatribe.

Translation: When you take your blinder's off, stop looking at things so myopically, and stop trying to attribute public corruption to party, ideology, or phenotypical characteristics in order to score points amongst a bloodthirsty conservative contingent on a sports forum - you'll realize that this **** happens everyday and is perpetrated by all racial types - white, black, whatever - at every level of government, and in most towns and states - red and blue.

Politicians are only as faithful as their options.

Edited by Juror#8

This is so 2010.

As I remember, it was one hell of a story. Seems like the city took out a large bond and used it for some improvements and the mayor and other officials claimed they were doing such a good job improving things that they deserved their large salaries.

Jesus....:rolleyes:

1. IF you want to start a thread about Bell, CA, nobody is stopping you.

2. However, if you want to use Bell, CA as a reason/excuse as to why we should tolerate the behavior in Detroit, blow it out your ass.

I am so tired of excusing one set of bad behavior by pointing to another. It's childish. I am inclined to respond as my mother would: "If Detroit jumps off the Sears Tower, are you going to as well?" :D We need to go after ALL of it, starting with the worst and most costly: Detroit

There is no way we should tolerate Detroit for one more second. They have already installed private managers to prevent some of this nonsense. Suspend all elections in the entire county/city and fully empower these managers. Bring in the national guard, shut the place down, knock down the empty buildings, offer to relocate people to places like North Dakota where the the unemployment rate is 2% and they can't find enough blue collar workers, and be done with this once and for all.

Doing the same thing, when we have a black reporter proving that nothing has changed in 10 years, solves nothing for anyone.

There is nothing moral or compassionate about allowing this ridiculousness to continue.

2. However, if you want to use Bell, CA as a reason/excuse as to why we should tolerate the behavior in Detroit, blow it out your ass.

I am so tired of excusing one set of bad behavior by pointing to another. It's childish. I am inclined to respond as my mother would: "If Detroit jumps off the Sears Tower, are you going to as well?" :D We need to go after ALL of it, starting with the worst and most costly: Detroit

There is no way we should tolerate Detroit for one more second. They have already installed private managers to prevent some of this nonsense. Suspend all elections in the entire county/city and fully empower these managers. Bring in the national guard, shut the place down, knock down the empty buildings, offer to relocate people to places like North Dakota where the the unemployment rate is 2% and they can't find enough blue collar workers, and be done with this once and for all.

Doing the same thing, when we have a black reporter proving that nothing has changed in 10 years, solves nothing for anyone.

There is nothing moral or compassionate about allowing this ridiculousness to continue.

Where did I excuse Detroit? In fact, I agree with you about Detroit and it's mis-management. And if we were just discussing political mismanagement, I wouldn't have even responded. We were dancing for a while.

But then you began discussing the race of the council-persons. The music stopped when you suggested that race, color, or ethinicity had anything to do with Detroit's woes.

White, black, whomever, don't have a monopoly on political corruption or mismanagement.

That is all.

Where did I excuse Detroit? In fact, I agree with you about Detroit and it's mis-management. And if we were just discussing political mismanagement, I wouldn't have even responded. We were dancing for a while.

But then you began discussing the race of the council-persons. The music stopped when you suggested that race, color, or ethinicity had anything to do with Detroit's woes.

White, black, whomever, don't have a monopoly on political corruption or mismanagement.

That is all.

Why bring up Bell, CA? What does that have to do with Detroit? Either you are trying to excuse it...or you just like posting the irrelevant. Pick one.

Bull...I didn't suggest it, I proved it. And, the black DFP reporter said "we need to elect a white Mayor"....ten years ago, and just re-affirmed it. :wallbash: Why do you have a problem with my argument, but not her's? You are smoking crack if you think the race of the council has nothing to do with the problem.

Liberals have been trying to stack decks with minorities over the entire country for literally 50 years. Now, we see the result of their over-reach. It's time to stop judging anybody on anything other than performance. It's time to end the double standards, and all the patronizing BS. Affirmative Action has run its course. Now that it has become a liability instead of an asset, it's time to shut it down. The only people who are trying to ignore this reality: the people who derive their living from race-hustling(Sharpton and Jackson), and the crooks, like in Detroit, whose low performance and criminal behavior is protected by it....because of real racist, patronizing racist, or merely misguided, liberal foolishness.

Dude, is there anything more patronizing than "It was a minority business that had a chance to grow(because we handed them something they didn't earn)"? Come on. You know how wrong that is, on multiple levels. It's the new version of "we can't free the slaves, because they can't do things for themselves. Instead we'll hand them food, and a place to live, and tell them what to do, and make their decisions for them, because it's our Christian duty to protect these children". :rolleyes: I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

Race is the the #1 root cause of the problem in Detroit. Therefore, is it silly to conclude that race isn't the #1 part of the solution.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

:o How could I say that? After all, aren't I the guy always taking about individual responsibility, individual freedom, and haven't I been saying the government is out of hand, etc.?

Yeah, the problem is, NONE of that exists in Detroit, and their government is literally, criminally out of hand. The people of Detroit have consistently made so many bad choices, that it is now affecting the rest of the country. WE have rights as well. They are not entitled to drain State and Federal dollars for personal gain, or hope that some of what their elected leaders steal will trickle down to them. Nothing positive is coming from this city, and we need to free the rest of the state, and the country in general, from their bad behavior.

See here. Notable quotes from that article and my response:

"one trustee wondering: "Will it ever end?""

No, clown. Not as long as you keep electing people because they are Black Democrats who have no fear of being held accountable...because they are Black Democrats.

"It was a big, big sense of disappointment," said Orzech "They were a local minority firm that got a chance to grow. It's disappointing."

Disappointing? Is that what you are going to tell the police/fire guys? Disappointing is that not only did you use minority status to make the hiring decision, you took an active interest in their business. It's not your job to make sure minority firms grow, clown, it's their job. How much more patronizing can you be, there George? Who is the racist here?

Here is the picture of Detroit's city council: here.

Now, does that "look like America"TM? Where's the diversity? I know diversity works. It has for years, but diversity means what it says. There is nothing diverse about that group. "Are you telling me that in that entire city, there isn't one white, asian, etc. who isn't more qualified to be on that council?"TM

Hehe....love using the dopiest arguments for diversity against the clowns. And in case you are wondering: "is this a racial argument?" F yeah, it is. But who has made race the operative concept here? When your only qualification for office in Detroit is your skin color, when the cronyism and corruption has turned to gangster level criminal activity, and especially when the white "enlightened" liberal clowns have created this situation and perpetuate it based solely on race...then F yeah, it's a racial argument. The "enlightened" clowns have seen fit to make a racial argument the only congruent response.

Look, it's clear that this entire city is on the take. EVERYONE. It's also clear that they cannot help themselves. So, we must help them, by taking away their ability to continue to hurt themselves. It's no different than a court ordering a junkie to rehab. It would cost us a hell of lot less money in aid to Detroit, and is the only "moral" thing to do.

Or, we could just cut off their funding completely for 10 years. But that's like forcing the junkie to quit cold turkey...usually fails, and can cause real trouble for the junkie and everyone else.

What else solves Detroit? Horseshit. It is that bad, already. Too extreme? Horseshit. It is already an extreme problem, and that means it requires an extreme solution.

-----------------------------------------

Oh...and I have been working while I have been writing this...now that I'm back, Look at this, a black DFP columnist who agrees with me. Not about my solution, of course, but certainly about the state of things:

What will it take for Detroit to be fixed, to get better, he asked[her, ten F'ing years ago]."The election of a white mayor," I told him.

:lol: Yeah, but I'm racist for calling BS on this entire city? Please. :rolleyes: What else can be done, that has a real chance of working, besides rehab, and all the restrictions that come with it, for these junkies?

when you blame the right for free trade and outsourcing all manufacturing in detroit to mexico and china, then ill know you are serious. when you say the drug should end and is the new jim crow, then ill know you are serious. when you talk about capitalist encirclement/anti-union encirclement, then ill know you are serious. when you talk about the 67 riots and the history of the cultural south in michigan, then ill know you are serious...

that whole constitution thing sucks huh?

when you blame the right for free trade and outsourcing all manufacturing in detroit to mexico and china, then ill know you are serious. when you say the drug should end and is the new jim crow, then ill know you are serious. when you talk about capitalist encirclement/anti-union encirclement, then ill know you are serious. when you talk about the 67 riots and the history of the cultural south in michigan, then ill know you are serious...

that whole constitution thing sucks huh?

You are blaming the "right" for the abomination that is Detroit? Why are the states/cities that are most in financial trouble the states that are the "bluest"?