Wow, gas prices way down

VABills

Dont worry...some low level worker on an oil platform in Latvia will catch a cold or something and prices will go RIGHT back up.

184698[/snapback]

Right - anyone who thinks this little dip is going to last long is kidding themselves.

The price of gas is going down due to the fact that there is going to be warm weather in the northeast, therefore decreasing demand for gas, according to a cnn article I read on my cell yesterday.

193277[/snapback]

And it got so high a few months ago because of the expectation of high winter demand...now that that demand hasn't materialized, it's lower. Such are the things that move markets...

And it got so high a few months ago because of the expectation of high winter demand...now that that demand hasn't materialized, it's lower.  Such are the things that move markets...

193328[/snapback]

But I thought it was going to go lower before the election.

But I thought it was going to go lower before the election.

193338[/snapback]

The Saudis didn't keep up their end of the conspiracy.

Though not to hear my sister-in-law talk about it. "I work in the oil industry. I see all the memos explaining how we have to invade different countries to take their oil!" ;)

The price of gas is going down due to the fact that there is going to be warm weather in the northeast, therefore decreasing demand for gas, according to a cnn article I read on my cell yesterday.

193277[/snapback]

so wouldn't that be a decrease in the price of natural gas? i can't imagine someone trying to heat their house with 87 octane gasoline

so wouldn't that be a decrease in the price of natural gas? i can't imagine someone trying to heat their house with 87 octane gasoline

193548[/snapback]

Actually, mostly through the NE, they still heat with heating oil... Which in all essence is off-road diesel fuel. :D;)

Techies out there? Am I correct in this fact?

Actually, mostly through the NE, they still heat with heating oil... Which in all essence is off-road diesel fuel. :blink:  ;)

Techies out there?  Am I correct in this fact?

193658[/snapback]

well, regardless, i'd also like to know why the hell natural gas prices keep shooting up...it comes from canada! not the middle east...it's not like there are insurgents there blowing up pipelines...and the damn commercials that come on all the time telling us that it's such a huge resource that is bountiful and clean...and then the prices keep shooting up

i've got my house set at 64F during the day and 62F at night!