Pats sign Addai

According to ESPN Boston, the New England Patriots have agreed to terms with former Colts running back Joe Addai. My link Wow. Not sure what they want out of a guy that's looking more, and more like an injury liability due to the rigors of his position. Perhaps some of their younger draft picks may pick up some preparation notes from the former pro bowler, but come on, 433 yards, and ONE touchdown in 2011??? I don't see a threat. -Should I?

Exactly what kind of production did you expect from that Colt offense? I'm not insinuating Addai is gonna light it up, but I suspect his production will spike if he gets any substanial playing time with the Pats.

With almost every passer inching closer and closer to the 5,000 yards mark, the NFL running back is becoming more and more devalued every year. Imagine if you will, a scenario where the Pats* are ahead of the curve, and the Browns give up a fourth, fifth and seventh round pick to use the third overall just to stay behind said curve.

They probably won't worry about us until we can prove to be an actual threat. They probably see our victory last year as simple luck.

Dorkington, that's simply not how successful organizations operate. I guarantee you Belichick has paid careful attention to everything the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins are doing. He knows the Pats* have the targets on their backs.

They probably won't worry about us until we can prove to be an actual threat. They probably see our victory last year as simple luck.

I hope they don't take them seriously. And see "luck" happen again.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that NE is building a team that addresses some of the mismatches we gained over them this past offseason?

Tim-

I will say that Chan and Buddy have Bill's attention.

PTR