Pats sign Addai

According to ESPN Boston, the New England Patriots have agreed to terms with former Colts running back Joe Addai. My link Wow. Not sure what they want out of a guy that's looking more, and more like an injury liability due to the rigors of his position. Perhaps some of their younger draft picks may pick up some preparation notes from the former pro bowler, but come on, 433 yards, and ONE touchdown in 2011??? I don't see a threat. -Should I?

Edited by #34fan

Addai looked worn out last year. They've tried this before (Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Corey Dillon) with limited success. Not scared of this one in the slightest. He's no Green-Ellis

Addai looked worn out last year. They've tried this before (Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Corey Dillon) with limited success. Not scared of this one in the slightest. He's no Green-Ellis

They also tried it with Antowain smith and won a super bowl wirh him

Addai is a veteran in an otherwise young backfield

Edited by Max997

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that NE is building a team that addresses some of the mismatches we gained over them this past offseason?

Tim-

They should have addressed their secondary then because Gailey and Fitz put on clinics against the pats at time last year

They should have addressed their secondary then because Gailey and Fitz put on clinics against the pats at time last year

think they fear FJ more than any other weapon on our team, but yeah their secondary was bad, REAL bad.

Tim-

They also tried it with Antowain smith and won a super bowl wirh him

Addai is a veteran in an otherwise young backfield

Ben Jarvus Green Ellis is a grisled veteran. Hardly a young backfield. I'd br suprised if Addai is on their roster opening day.

Edited by It's in My Blood

Ben Jarvus Green Ellis is a grisled veteran. Hardly a young backfield. I'd br suprised if Addai is on their roster opening day.

Huh? :blink:

Where have you been, bro?

"The Firm" is now a Cincinatti bengal.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that NE is building a team that addresses some of the mismatches we gained over them this past offseason?

Tim-

I think they're investing on more inconspicuous cameras to spy on practices, and all off-season moves are a smoke screen

You'll have to explain that one. It was well known the Pats* had weaknesses in their front seven, WR corps, and RB. They're attempting to address those. What they're not doing is addressing their OL or secondary. That aside, in what way does an old, worn down Joseph Addai "address a mismatch" Buffalo gained over the Pats*?

I don't see that any AFCE team has made moves to counter what the Bills did over the off-season. The Jets and Dols still need viable RT's to matchup against Mario, meaning they'll need to keep a TE in to help block, since they can't use an OG to double him since it removes him from doubling Marcel or Kyle. Solder is unproven as a LT. And against all teams, I'd favor bringing a blitzer up the middle on most plays to force quick passes.