Stevie Johnson on MTV2 tonight 11:00 pm EDT

I still can't believe there is an MTV2 or that we indirectly pay for it

How long do u think channels like this would last if we had the choice of selecting which individual channels we wanted instead of being forced to pay for channels we don't want

Ok rant over

Edited by Max997

How long do u think channels like this would last if we had the choice of selecting which individual channels we wanted instead of being forced to pay for channels we don't want

Ok rant over

There are 3 MTV channels. Morons need more than 1 channel to watch Jersey Shore. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly it is "music."

There are 3 MTV channels. Morons need more than 1 channel to watch Jersey Shore. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly it is "music."

Actually, it's not MTV's fault they went away from music videos. The RIAA and the labels started charging them huge amounts of money in order to license to music for music shows. They were basically forced to start doing reality TV which was cheap to produce and got good ratings. Thanks, RIAA.

Anyways, hope someone posts a recap.

They started MTV2 to actually play music videos after MTV did everything but. Then it stopped playing music.

PTR

Actually, it's not MTV's fault they went away from music videos. The RIAA and the labels started charging them huge amounts of money in order to license to music for music shows. They were basically forced to start doing reality TV which was cheap to produce and got good ratings. Thanks, RIAA.

Anyways, hope someone posts a recap.

Mtv was pretty good when it first started. No commercials [seems unbelievable now a days] and good music/videos. Then Rick James started whining about no black music and they just went downhill after that.

Ok rant over

Amen to that, I'd have:

NBC

ABC

CBS

FOX (& affiliates because of UFC)

124 (PPV (same as above)

SHO (more MMA)

MTV2 but will change when Bellator (MMA)goes to SPIKE

NFL NET

ESPNs for College football and Strongman

FOOD

HISTORY

LEARNING

DISCOVERY

TRAVEL

If I had it my way I would have the Strength Channel which would include; Powerlifting, Weightlifting (Olympic), Strongman, Highland Games, body building & fitness comps and Athletic training shows (how athletes train).

Then I would have the Fight Channel which would include; All MMA, Wrestling, Boxing, submission grappling, Kick Boxing, and any other relevant martial art.

Don't you know MTV stands for Moron TV, I have to watch that worthless channel (besides Bellator)and similar ones because wifey watches Jersey Whores, Jerseylycious, and like retard programing.

Mtv was pretty good when it first started. No commercials [seems unbelievable now a days] and good music/videos. Then Rick James started whining about no black music and they just went downhill after that.

:lol: ... seriously?

No. I did not turn on MTV to see the Jacksons. I wanted rock, not pop. I and many others voted with our remote and MTV lost the huge market they were born with.

You do realize that Hip Hop and Pop next to country are the 2 biggest genres in the world right? I think you can still get the stuff you like at your local bar's jukebox.

And Fuse is a very good music station.

No. I did not turn on MTV to see the Jacksons. I wanted rock, not pop. I and many others voted with our remote and MTV lost the huge market they were born with.

Imagine that, MTV playing music videos that people wanted to watch? You may like classic rock, but not the rest of the audience. Considering that during its music video heyday, MTV featured mostly pop videos, you should rethink your theory a bit. I don't think you need to be reminded that Steve Tyler & Joe Perry subsisted on local bar gigs until Run DMC resurrected their life.

If you like music, try Palladia.

http://www.palladia.tv/

I have it on DirecTV channel 567. It has some interesting stuff. I like mostly classic rock, but my tastes are more diverse than just that.

The other night, Palladia had Radiohead's Live from the Basement. It was great - especially Give up the Ghost.

P.S. Interesting side note, if I recall correctly, the channel is run (or was run) by a guy who was originally from Buffalo.

Edited by Peter