Schaub NO

Luck yes

Hasselback NO

Gabbert NO

Manning yes

Palmer NO

Rivers yes

Cassell NO

And it was close wrt Dalton and Flacco. Not so sure how Flacco would do on the Bills.

Honestly when I started this I had no agenda nor clear idea how it would turn out. Was just curious. I would have guessed pretty much even between yes and no votes. But the nearly 2:1 ratio it came out at makes me realize just how much better QB talent around the league is.

Except...you give yes votes to guys who haven't produced at a high level for years (Palmer), who have never produced at a high level (Bradford), or who are totally unproven (Flynn), and rookies who have big questionmarks - Tannehill with his 16 game college career, Weedon with his Fitz-age rookie season. Palmer played 9 games and threw 13 TD to 16 INTs this past season, 20 INTs last season. His last 3 years show he's better than Fitz...how?

Begs the question, does this kind of inconsistency in fact prove "just how much better QB talent around the league is" by any kind of objective criteria, or just that you and some others have your minds set on ABF (anyone but Fitz) so you like nearly EVERYONE better whether it makes sense or not?

Edited by Hopeful

Flynn is a no, but otherwise that's about right.

Is this a revelation? I think most fans who take off the homer blinders acknowledge that Fitz is somewhere in the 3d quartile of NFL QBs.

Except...you give yes votes to guys who haven't produced at a high level for years (Palmer), who have never produced at a high level (Bradford), or who are totally unproven (Flynn), and rookies who have big questionmarks - Tannehill with his 16 game college career, Weedon with his Fitz-age rookie season. Palmer played 9 games and threw 13 TD to 16 INTs this past season, 20 INTs last season. His last 3 years show he's better than Fitz...how?

Begs the question, does this kind of inconsistency in fact prove "just how much better QB talent around the league is" by any kind of objective criteria, or just that you and some others have your minds set on ABF (anyone but Fitz) so you like nearly EVERYONE better whether it makes sense or not?

You don't need to believe me, I don't care. These are my opinions, which I'm entitled to. I'm not going to dissect and debate each choice with you. But I will object to your silly attempt of an objective measure of "makes no sense". In that "sense" how is it rational to choose a QB whose been around a while, with suspect arm strength and accuracy issues, who led the league in picks last year while taking his team to a 6&10 record? In that "sense" it could be argued he shouldn't be taken over anyone.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Brady yesyes but only with a very good line, so no... JK I do want a HOF QB so yes1

Sanchez no 1

Tannehill yes this is a joke right? no prove it first rook

Weeden yes this is a joke right? no prove it first rook

Flacco yes Fitz was out playing Joe until his line ribs and RB all were hurt and Flacco has one thing in his favor a decent long ball, otherwise he isn't as good so why trade for the same QB? no 2

Big Ben yes RAPE!! lol, but still yes2

Dalton yes yes maybe....okay yes, hmmm IDK... maybe 1

Schaub yes yes maybe....okay yes, hmmm IDK... maybe 2

Luck yes 3

Hasselback no 3

Gabbert no 4

Manning yes yes maybe....okay yes, hmmm IDK... maybe, the guy is almost as big a question mark as a rookie or maybe Fitz with the type of injury he had 3

Palmer yes no effing way 5

Rivers yes 3

Cassell no 6

I've got ....

3 yes

6 no

3 maybe (maybe's count as no because of the unsureness so

3 yes 9 no

You don't need to believe me, I don't care. These are my opinions, which I'm entitled to. I'm not going to dissect and debate each choice with you. But I will object to your silly attempt of an objective measure of "makes no sense". In that "sense" how is it rational to choose a QB whose been around a while, who led the league in picks while taking his team to a 6&10 record? In that "sense" it could be argued he shouldn't be taken over anyone.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion. There's a lot of subjectivity - for example, some folks like Cutler and dis Schaub, I flip.

I think it's the " just how much better QB talent around the league is" while picking unproven rookies with minimal college playing time, guys like Flynn who've had 1-2 good games, guys like Bradford who have great promise but also losing record , or guys like Palmer who are on the shady side of 30, have losing records for several years and was on-track for 32 INTs last year -- I think it makes it ironic to toss out phrases like "silly attempt" at me. The fallacy of judging QB on the W-L record of their team has been pointed out elsewhere, but to argue Fitz shouldn't be taken over anyone including guys who have similar W-L records and are on track to have more INTs, or totally unproven guys ....that makes" just how much better QB talent around the league is" seem like incredible, underinformed smugness.

Well, like you say, you're entitled to your opinion, have at it.

Edited by Hopeful

You don't need to believe me, I don't care. These are my opinions, which I'm entitled to. I'm not going to dissect and debate each choice with you. But I will object to your silly attempt of an objective measure of "makes no sense". In that "sense" how is it rational to choose a QB whose been around a while, who led the league in picks while taking his team to a 6&10 record? In that "sense" it could be argued he shouldn't be taken over anyone.

Fitzpatrick was tearing it up until after the Washington game in which he broke his ribs. That plus the injuries to key personnel leaves me with the impression that there's still hope he can still be our version of a little less accurate Drew Brees or Eli Manning type of QB. The classic late bloomer.

I was hoping the Bills could trade up for RGIII, but since that didn't happen I see no reason to want any other team's starting QB for the Bills. This includes older HOF guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning. They aren't Bills. I wouldn't want them as Bills. We tried that with Drew Bledsoe and you see now that he has no allegiance with this team. It's as if he has wiped it from his memory bank. I don't care that he feels that way, I'm just pointing it out as a real reason not to want another team's established QB.

The only QBs that I'd like over Fitz are Newton, Luck or RGIII. That's it. Since that isn't happening, I'm excited to watch Fitzpatrick try to prove that the first part of 2011 was no fluke and that he has what it takes to lead this team to a Superbowl win.

Just as much as you call so many here Fitz homers, your a Fitz hater. He's more along the lines of 50% or so in production. I wouldn't take Stafford, Vick, Romo, Cutler, or Flynn over him. Not in 100 years. I don't remember your AFC list off the top of my head but I think you are 1. High, 2. A bigger Fitz hater than we are Fitz homers, 3. One of the people always claiming you need a franchise QB to win games and the SB.

As some/many of the QBs that have won the SB that are considered Franchise QBs that wasn't exactly the case at the time they won it. Here's a few examples:

Brady won against Warner

Brady win against Delhome

Brady won against McNabb

Manning won against Brady

Bucs QB (can't even remember his name) over Gannon Raiders

Hostletler over Kelly

Rypen over Kelly

Roethlisberger over Warner

Roethlisberger over Hasselback

Dilfer over Collins

there's tons more. These are just off the top of my head. At the end of the day, most of these guys you can say were/are franchise guys. Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning. But at the times when they WON fhier SBs they were not considered the better QB (other than maybe Roethlisberger vs Hasselback or Brady vs Delhome). The real reason why they won was because thier teams were better as a whole. And the Defenses won the battles.

Raiders-top offense, Bucs-top defense

Bills- Giants

Bills- Redskins

Steelers- Seahawks

Steelers- Cardinals

Pats- anyone they ever beat

why is it the best offense in the history of the game (Pats 18-1 season) lost to not even a dominant defense? Defense wins every time.

Manning yes

RG3 maybe - He's never taken an NFL snap

Romo maybe - Great stats but not so hot in the clutch

Vick no - Scumbag I don't want to cheer for whose body's soon to break down

Freeman no - He sucks

Newton maybe - still have reservations but so far so good

Ryan yes

Brees yes

Cutler yes

Rodgers yes

Stafford yes

Ponder no - Hasn't proven it yet

Kolb no - Doesn't look like he has it

Smith no - I don't see an upgrade here

Bradford no - His greatest achievement is going 1st overall.

Flynn no - One game wonder; jury's still out

I've got ...

6 yes

7 no

3 maybe

As some/many of the QBs that have won the SB that are considered Franchise QBs that wasn't exactly the case at the time they won it. Here's a few examples:

Brady won against Warner

Brady won against McNabb

Hostletler over Kelly

Rypen over Kelly

Dilfer over Collins

I'm not arguing with your defense of Fitz, but this list is pretty flawed. Eli was the #1 pick in the draft so yeah, he was a franchise QB for his two SBs. Ditto for BenR, a high first round pick. And Brady still wasn't a franchise QB by the time he won his 3d SB?!?!? Come on, put the down the crack pipe.

And if you have to rely on examples from 20 years ago, that doesn't help your point. It's pretty well documented that star QBs win SB.

1. High, 2. A bigger Fitz hater than we are Fitz homers, 3. One of the people always claiming you need a franchise QB to win games and the SB.

1. Don't smoke

2. Just because I don't hold fit in the same regard you do doesn't make me a "hater". I don't hate him at all, no reason to.

3. Different league. It's all about the QB and passing. The Cinderella QB is thing of the past. Names of most recent winners:

E manning (2x), p manning, Brady (3x), Rodgers, big Ben (2x), brees .... Cream of the crop, no flukes there.

I love this place. People claiming they would not trade Fitz straight up for Luck or RG3 or even some of the proven top QBs in the league.

Nothing wrong with being a homer I guess :)

I have never said "I'm through with this team" before. But if Indy offered the Bills a Fitz for Luck trade straight up and the Bills declined, I would be through with the team.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I hate to pile on, but I'd take Hasselbeck in a minute.

Hasselbeck's awfully old - decent (50/50?) chance he won't be starting this year.

I wouldn't take Tannehill or Weeden either.

Which Manning? Eli yes, Peyton, well, OK, yes, but he doesn't have too many years left - if any.

Hasselbeck's awfully old - decent (50/50?) chance he won't be starting this year.

I wouldn't take Tannehill or Weeden either.

Which Manning? Eli yes, Peyton, well, OK, yes, but he doesn't have too many years left - if any.

And I wouldn't trade for Brady on principle. It would be very hard to root for him.

1. Don't smoke

2. Just because I don't hold fit in the same regard you do doesn't make me a "hater". I don't hate him at all, no reason to.

3. Different league. It's all about the QB and passing. The Cinderella QB is thing of the past. Names of most recent winners:

E manning (2x), p manning, Brady (3x), Rodgers, big Ben (2x), brees .... Cream of the crop, no flukes there.

1. Ok fine

2. Ok fine

3. Not that much of a different league now from whn fhe Bills were going to SBs. Not to mention we were leaps and bounds more offensive than 2 of the 3 SB teams we lost to (exception Dallas) which helps prove my point. The better defense wins more time than not.

In addition to 3. If you can claim the league is different now than it was different 10 years ago when Brady won his SBs.

Another addition to 3. Manning won 2x against who? Brady! The reason why they won was because of The Giants defense, not Manning. Rapelisberger won 2x against better or more experienced QBs and in th case of the Cardinals a much more potent offense. They won with a power run game and a much more dominant defense. Big Ben was there toanage the game and not lose. I'll give you Payton and Brees because they were so dominant in thier win but let's not get on our knees for them just yet. Payton beat the Bears with Rexxy Sexy as thier QB. I honestly don't even rember who the Saints beat for thiers. The teams they played were much worse. It's just a fact. And let's not get started that Payton probably would have had another 2-3 more rings if he was good enough to beat New England and their DOMINANT defenses they won 3 rings with.

Sorry to say your high. There will always be the debate of franchise QB vs better team and defense specifically. The good thing for the Bills is Fitz isn't as bad as some of the horrible QBs to win rings over the years and our defense (on paper) looks like it's getting to be a powerhouse within a few shorts years if not sooner. Just a many people can say a franchise QB is the answer to all our worries I can point to teams that had better defenses that beat franchise QBs. It's all in fun. The fact is, we are looking to be stronger on defense and at the end of the day Fitz IS our Franchise QB so why do we even bother with these argument?

Just as much as you call so many here Fitz homers, your a Fitz hater. He's more along the lines of 50% or so in production. I wouldn't take Stafford, Vick, Romo, Cutler, or Flynn over him. Not in 100 years. I don't remember your AFC list off the top of my head but I think you are 1. High, 2. A bigger Fitz hater than we are Fitz homers, 3. One of the people always claiming you need a franchise QB to win games and the SB.

Brady won against Warner

Brady won against McNabb

Hostletler over Kelly

Rypen over Kelly

Dilfer over Collins

there's tons more. These are just off the top of my head. At the end of the day, most of these guys you can say were/are franchise guys. Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning. But at the times when they WON fhier SBs they were not considered the better QB (other than maybe Roethlisberger vs Hasselback or Brady vs Delhome). The real reason why they won was because thier teams were better as a whole. And the Defenses won the battles.

Raiders-top offense, Bucs-top defense

Bills- Giants

Bills- Redskins

Steelers- Seahawks

Steelers- Cardinals

Pats- anyone they ever beat

why is it the best offense in the history of the game (Pats 18-1 season) lost to not even a dominant defense? Defense wins every time.

I doubt you're high (note spelling), just insane. Fitz is a career backup QB.