The President Is Up By Eight In Virginia

We are both correct. The Federal Government shrunk 1.3% last year but still had added slightly more jobs since 2009. That may change by the end of 2012. The local government's have definitely gotten smaller. Here is a link: Under Obama, a Record Decline in Government Jobs

The decline is public sector jobs has definitely hurt the recovery IMO.

How so? The money saved is going to go somewhere.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are so right. Once Obama is out of office and stops holding you back from all your riches & career aspirations, you will all flourish. :lol: Seriously, your posts bitching about the country and leadership on a message board is changing things for the better.

2012 - anyone and I don't care who but Obama!!! :w00t:

Yeah, we shouldn't B word about Obama's policy specifically and literally impeding our work. Instead, we should all pretend that we don't have the jobs we do, and that we don't know what we know...for no other reason than: because you say so. :lol:

So, is it that you can't argue at all, or it is that you know you can't win as long as Obama is in the WH? I think it's the latter. I've seen you hold your own on the football side....your world must be turned upside down, huh? The Bills are doing well in the off-season for once, and relying on Obama/Democratic performance since 2006 to make your points doesn't get you past the line of scrimmage, does it?

That must suck for you.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

How so? The money saved is going to go somewhere.

Like where? Less people getting a paycheck means less demand which means less jobs being created.

In what world in less employment better?

Like where? Less people getting a paycheck means less demand which means less jobs being created.

Stop and think. Hints: Private sector vs. public sector. Taxes.

In the world where taxpayers don't have to finance government pensions that are unaffordable. There's a reason private companies don't offer pensions that are 75% (or higher) of an average of the recipients 3 highest earning years. In the short term, it certainly hurts the unemployment number - which you alluded to.

That doesn't change the fact that it's one of the things that's bankrupting this country and it needs to be changed NOW. No government entity that has this type of benefit should be adding a single job to the payroll until the benefits are more in line with what is affordable.

We are both correct. The Federal Government shrunk 1.3% last year but still had added slightly more jobs since 2009. That may change by the end of 2012. The local government's have definitely gotten smaller. Here is a link: Under Obama, a Record Decline in Government Jobs

The decline is public sector jobs has definitely hurt the recovery IMO.

Only because of the lack of private sector jobs to pick up the slack, due in no small part to the current administration's anti-business stance.

In Nancy Pelousy's world, it is. You know, because "unemployment checks are the fastest way to create jobs." :rolleyes:

Damn phone won't let me quote.

3rd: Public sector workers still spend their money in the PRIVATE sector. Which will help demand and create jobs.

Alaska: Fixing unemployment should be #1 priority RIGHT NOW. Fixing benefits takes time. Sacrificing employment and the economy is not a good plan. At the end of the day, teachers and other state/federal workers are losing jobs but that's cool, they're in the big bad public sector!

DC: Talking points. BLAH.

Pelosi was clearly wrong and sounded very stupid with that one. However, an unemployment chech is better than no check.

3rd: Public sector workers still spend their money in the PRIVATE sector. Which will help demand and create jobs.

Alaska: Fixing unemployment should be #1 priority RIGHT NOW. Fixing benefits takes time. Sacrificing employment and the economy is not a good plan. At the end of the day, teachers and other state/federal workers are losing jobs but that's cool, they're in the big bad public sector!

Pelosi was clearly wrong and sounded very stupid with that one. However, an unemployment chech is better than no check.

That money comes from somewhere. The leaner the government is the better off we will be in the long run.

You mean their money after taxes of course. Because the first thing the government does when it pays their workers is to take their cut

Alaska: Fixing unemployment should be #1 priority RIGHT NOW. Fixing benefits takes time.

The reason our country is about to become a financial hellhole is because we elect dumbasses who think the way to fix a problem is to address the symptoms and get to the disease later because it "takes time." It's just like the dumbass argument how drilling for oil in the US won't fix things now because it would take 10 years before we're realize the benefits. And here we are, 20 years later, having the same dumbass discussion.

We must fix the CORE of our financial problems NOW. Not next year. Not after we throw another trillion dollars at shovel ready jobs that aren't shovel ready. Not after we extend unemployment benefits another 99 weeks. Not after we add another bloated bureaucratic entitlement like Obamacare for untold trillions of unknown dollars.

NOW, you dumbass. NOW.

The reason our country is about to become a financial hellhole is because we elect dumbasses who think the way to fix a problem is to address the symptoms and get to the disease later because it "takes time." It's just like the dumbass argument how drilling for oil in the US won't fix things now because it would take 10 years before we're realize the benefits. And here we are, 20 years later, having the same dumbass discussion.

We must fix the CORE of our financial problems NOW. Not next year. Not after we throw another trillion dollars at shovel ready jobs that aren't shovel ready. Not after we extend unemployment benefits another 99 weeks. Not after we add another bloated bureaucratic entitlement like Obamacare for untold trillions of unknown dollars.

NOW, you dumbass. NOW.

I love the sentiment. "WE CAN'T FIX THE PROBLEM BECAUSE THE ECONOMY IS ****!" Guess why the economy is ****?

Dumb asses. They expand government when the economy is great. They expand government when the economy is crap. It's always about kicking the can down the road with zero understanding of what the consequences actually are.

Dumbass checking in. Sad adults can't refrain from namecalling.

What about our core is wrong LA? What bothers you most? (I'm not saying there aren't problems). You can't just put an economic recovery aside. I honestly think they have in some ways.

I agree about kicking the can. I am against expanding government when the economy is strong as is pretty much everyone.

I agree about kicking the can. I am against expanding government when the economy is strong as is pretty much everyone.

:lol:

I honestly think they have in some ways.

That's because you can't turn a battleship around in a phone booth. Politicians don't care about anything but staying in power. "Fixing" things requires making difficult and likely unpopular decisions. We don't elect people who are capable of such things, instead we get retards who spend time arguing about whether gay people deserve equal protection under the law, the legality of abortion and drugs, and who should pay what in taxes.

Virtually everything that's wrong in this country could be fixed by returning to Constitutional government. That's not going to happen because a whole bunch of people have figured out how to lead the drones down the primrose path.

:lol:

That's because you can't turn a battleship around in a phone booth. Politicians don't care about anything but staying in power. "Fixing" things requires making difficult and likely unpopular decisions. We don't elect people who are capable of such things, instead we get retards who spend time arguing about whether gay people deserve equal protection under the law, the legality of abortion and drugs, and who should pay what in taxes.

Virtually everything that's wrong in this country could be fixed by returning to Constitutional government. That's not going to happen because a whole bunch of people have figured out how to lead the drones down the primrose path.

I like how you believe you have the answers to all of our problems, but politicians just aren't doing them. LOL.

I agree on your main idea however that politicians are only interested in getting re-elected. Most of them at least.

Dumbass checking in. Sad adults can't refrain from namecalling.

What about our core is wrong LA? What bothers you most? (I'm not saying there aren't problems). You can't just put an economic recovery aside. I honestly think they have in some ways.

We borrow 40 cents for every one dollar we spend.

We have not had a budget passed in three years. THREE EFFING YEARS! Can YOU live three years without a budget?

And THIS. We're virtually 16T in debt. Almost $140,000 PER taxpayer. China has us by the short-n-curlies. Millions of people are unemployed.

And what is our government talking about? Birth control. Gay marriage. White Hispanics. Student loan rates. And the fact that the ONLY plan that even remotely addresses the problem is specifically designed to make old people die and children starve.

That's just for starters.

I like how you believe you have the answers to all of our problems, but politicians just aren't doing them. LOL.

Because they aren't and politics isn't rocket science - most problems can be solved using common sense with a side of critical thought.

They aren't interested in solving problems, only the perception that they're trying but some entity (usually the other party, because of convenience) is standing in the way of them having someone else's money to do it. Solving problems doesn't create empires that make people very rich - quite the opposite.

George Washington warned us about this in his final address. He knew the consequences we were facing 250 years ago and we were fledgling at that point. We're not reinventing anything, only repackaging the same sad death knell that every empire in human history has faced.

Enjoy your "benefits" while they last. The bill is going to come due at some point.

So even though, public sector unions brokered back room deals with politicians for over bloated unfunded pensions, less accountability for the quality of education through ineffective tenure programs and massively over budgeted public services at the expense of the taxpayer , in order for these politicians to get campaign funds, you want to enable this behavior by bailing them out with federal tax funds? That's your idea?

What happens when those funds run out? You want the state and local taxpayer to pay for this? You do realize that once the funds run out, that those layoffs will have to happen right? You do realize that is what the first "stimulus" from president Obama did right ? Now that those funds ran out, those layoffs are presently occurring. But no, it's those conservatives who are to blame for the cuts right, even though they weren't the ones who brokered these deals.

There is a reason why there is a huge backlash against these unions, and your solution is to keep bailing out these corrupt public sector unions and crooked politicians.

Sorry, that's just not gonna happen.

Yeah, we shouldn't B word about Obama's policy specifically and literally impeding our work. Instead, we should all pretend that we don't have the jobs we do, and that we don't know what we know...for no other reason than: because you say so. :lol:

So, is it that you can't argue at all, or it is that you know you can't win as long as Obama is in the WH? I think it's the latter. I've seen you hold your own on the football side....your world must be turned upside down, huh? The Bills are doing well in the off-season for once, and relying on Obama/Democratic performance since 2006 to make your points doesn't get you past the line of scrimmage, does it?

That must suck for you.

It's tough for me to B word. My life has been awesome lately because I worked hard at it. too many people want to spend their time complaining instead of making things better for themselves. I'm sorry but if you think the President is holding you back, you're a loser. also, if you think Mitt Romeny is going to change anything, you're out of your mind. It's like poor Southern people who will vote blindly for MR because they don't like BO's "politics." A guy like MR couldn't give 2 craps about those poor folks.

I hate the 2 party system. I find the crying about left and right mind numbing. It's a classier version of the bloods and crips. Both parties have good stuff and both parties have things that suck. Personally, I went to public and private schools. I have friends and dated people of all races and economic levels. IMO, what makes America great is how diverse our Olympics teams are. But people would rather spend their time bitching about how bad things are. I work in a school and work with Special Olympics. I also coach. I thought Obama was a better choice for President than McCain (who was a better candidate than MR). But I guarantee you this. IF McCain was elected, I'd support the guy 100%. I'd do the same for MR. Because I respect the office and this country.

IMO, too many people want to make politics RJ vs. Flutie. Personally, I just want to have the guy that wins.

It's tough for me to B word. My life has been awesome lately because I worked hard at it. too many people want to spend their time complaining instead of making things better for themselves. I'm sorry but if you think the President is holding you back, you're a loser. also, if you think Mitt Romeny is going to change anything, you're out of your mind. It's like poor Southern people who will vote blindly for MR because they don't like BO's "politics." A guy like MR couldn't give 2 craps about those poor folks.

I hate the 2 party system. I find the crying about left and right mind numbing. It's a classier version of the bloods and crips. Both parties have good stuff and both parties have things that suck. Personally, I went to public and private schools. I have friends and dated people of all races and economic levels. IMO, what makes America great is how diverse our Olympics teams are. But people would rather spend their time bitching about how bad things are. I work in a school and work with Special Olympics. I also coach. I thought Obama was a better choice for President than McCain (who was a better candidate than MR). But I guarantee you this. IF McCain was elected, I'd support the guy 100%. I'd do the same for MR. Because I respect the office and this country.

IMO, too many people want to make politics RJ vs. Flutie. Personally, I just want to have the guy that wins.

You are one naive nincompoop