The President Is Up By Eight In Virginia

Headline on drudge this am: "obama kicks off to empty seats".

i'm saying it looks pretty good right now for obama: current electoral votes based on a conglomerate of polls =315. obviously, things can change.

So, the MSM can claim that Obama still blocks traffic and causes a mess even if nobody come to listen to his speeches? Right up their alley. I can hear them now. "Obama Hasn't Lost His Touch".

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drudge's report is accurate. Reportedly the (21K capacity) venue was 2/3 full. Meaning 1/3 (7k) empty seats.

The election is 6 months away. Romney's just gotten started campaigning for the presidency, while Barry's been doing it for months his whole term now. It's safe to say things will change.

Better.

Drudge's report is accurate. Reportedly the (21K capacity) venue was 2/3 full. Meaning 1/3 (7k) empty seats.

The election is 6 months away. Romney's just gotten started campaigning for the presidency, while Barry's been doing it for months now. It's safe to say things will change.

how many times has romney played to a 2/3 fuil venue or less? have you ever seen a similar headline on drudge about this? it would more likely say something like "romney opens to 14k".

it's almost as good as the reporter for the washington times handing romney ohio, virginia and florida now based on what exactly? maybe romney should make his slogan "a hope and a prayer". :lol:

Edited by birdog1960

With all the focus on the empty seats at his kickoff event, I wish more people had paid attention to what he said,

"Now we face a choice," the president intoned. "For the last few years, the Republicans who run this Congress have insisted that we go right back to the policies that created this mess."

Wait! What? The Republicans lost control of Congress way back in November, 2006. They won control of the House in an historic electoral blowback against Obama ignoring the economy and his insistence on Obamacare. John Boehner became speaker 16 months ago. The GOP still doesn't control the Senate.

So, once again the ongoing mess on Obama's watch is somebody else's fault. It may actually have been lucky for him that more than 4,000 of the Ohio State seats went empty. Those folks might have gotten the joke and laughed him off the dais.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

Investors Business Daily

how many times has romney played to a 2/3 fuil venue or less? have you ever seen a similar headline on drudge about this? it would more likely say something like "romney opens to 14k".

it's almost as good as the reporter for the washington times handing romney ohio, virginia and florida now based on what exactly? maybe romney should make his slogan "a hope and a prayer". :lol:

Yeah, but Romney doesn't have an "easy path to 270." You'd think that Barry would be playing to packed houses. It's a portend of things to come.

Yeah, but Romney doesn't have an "easy path to 270." You'd think that Barry would be playing to packed houses. It's a portend of things to come.

i would think that would make it much more important that romney play to packed houses than obama. the point is that slanted journalism and reporting goes both ways...no one can argue that drudge doesn't reach a lot of americans. you might even call him part of the "msm" based on his readership.

Am I imagining things, or is it just May 7th?

Romney hasn't even delivered his acceptence speech but some birdbrains think he should just skip that and deliver his concession speech instead. And maybe issue an apology for his intransagence and lack of faith in The People's Party

Romney hasn't even delivered his acceptence speech but some birdbrains think he should just skip that and deliver his concession speech instead. And maybe issue an apology for his intransagence and lack of faith in The People's Party

Don't mistake my statement as siding with the right- I am saying that it is a long way off and it will go down to the wire (it has to be close, just based on the sheer numbers on both sides that will vote party line, no matter what).

I look forward to hearing what both sides have to say- particularly as the election draws near, they are exhausted and their guards are down.

Don't mistake my statement as siding with the right- I am saying that it is a long way off and it will go down to the wire (it has to be close, just based on the sheer numbers on both sides that will vote party line, no matter what).

I look forward to hearing what both sides have to say- particularly as the election draws near, they are exhausted and their guards are down.

Oh, I don't think very many of us would mistake you as siding with anything. :nana:

If the Republicans really wanted Obama out of office, it's pretty sad that MR is the best candidate they can come up with.

None of the decent ones wanted to run against an incumbent. Better to wait until 2012, when they have a shot at Crazy Uncle Joe.

If the Republicans really wanted Obama out of office, it's pretty sad that MR is the best candidate they can come up with.

You'd think the state of the country since he took over would be enough to do it. But never underestimate the cult of personality.

None of the decent ones wanted to run against an incumbent. Better to wait until 2012, when they have a shot at Crazy Uncle Joe.

My whole thing is who wants to be the president anyways? Half of the country is going to hate you no matter what you do. Losers who suck at life are going to blame you for all of their failures. You should just stay in private business or be a governor or senator crushing interns. The job of the President pretty much sucks.

Oh, I don't think very many of us would mistake you as siding with anything. :nana:

Much like the great Ivan Drago, I fight to win....for me :w00t:

You'd think the state of the country since he took over would be enough to do it. But never underestimate the cult of personality.

Yes, because that's all his fault. Just like it was President Bush's fault that things were in bad shape, when President Obama took office. It's nice that things are so simple.

Edited by Adam

If there are 21,000 seats and it's only occupied by 14k people, it would appear even less full because of the number of people standing on the floor.

Regardless, it's still pretty much a non-story.

My whole thing is who wants to be the president anyways? Half of the country is going to hate you no matter what you do. Losers who suck at life are going to blame you for all of their failures. You should just stay in private business or be a governor or senator crushing interns. The job of the President pretty much sucks.

I know. I get blamed for enough **** that's not my fault by my wife. I don't need an entire country blaming me for all their ****, too.