The President Is Up By Eight In Virginia

The GOP better start sending political hacks into the trailor parks to grouse out more toothless, Confederate flag flying voters or they are going no where with Mitt

Yeah...thats right. I guess this some of the "new tone" your hero talked so much about, huh?

You are a pathetic little man...if you even are a man in the first place.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...thats right. I guess this some of the "new tone" your hero talked so much about, huh?

You are a pathetic little man...if you even are a man in the first place.

I imagine him as being unable to post without the company and moral support of his teddy bear.

http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/05/ppp-obama-up-by-in-virginia-122175.html

Nice!

The GOP better start sending political hacks into the trailor parks to grouse out more toothless, Confederate flag flying voters or they are going no where with Mitt

Norfolk sounds like such a charming place-NOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZLVTNn0A94

Edited by DaveinElma

This election is over already. Romney might as well throw in the towel now...

Only delusional people believe Romney actually has a chance.

Yeah those election thingys are pointless anyways. And why bother even having a 2nd party when The People's Party is all we ever need?

Well political elections anyways. We still need to vote for important stuff like American Idol

And we still need polls to tell us how awesome Our Benevolent Dear Leader is and what a magnificent job He is doing

Edited by /dev/null

This election is over already. Romney might as well throw in the towel now...

Only delusional people believe Romney actually has a chance.

A 2012 Obama supporter is the very definition of someone who is delusional. It's going to be a landslide victory for Romney. We're taking our country back.

The lazy bum Obama supporters can move to Cuba if they don't want to work.

A 2012 Obama supporter is the very definition of someone who is delusional. It's going to be a landslide victory for Romney. We're taking our country back.

The lazy bum Obama supporters can move to Cuba if they don't want to work.

Anybody that thinks Romney will win a landslide is as delusional as Obama in a landslide. Neither candidate will get more than 53% of the National vote (51% might be aiming high).

Not that the National vote matters as the election will be held in a dozen or so states. Obama's speech about there not being a Red America or a Blue America ancient history as both he and Romney will focus on the electoral math just like Bush did in 2000/2004.

If Virginia is close this year I might have to hold my nose and vote for Romney as Obama's record does not merit a 2nd term.

In 04 I knew VA was going Republican and in 08 I knew Obama would win the Electoral easily, so I had the luxury of voting my conscience (Libertarian).

Edited by /dev/null

In 04 I knew VA was going Republican and in 08 I knew Obama would win the Electoral easily, so I had the luxury of voting my conscience (Libertarian).

You should live in California, where where the uselessness of your vote is never questioned.

Anybody that thinks Romney will win a landslide is as delusional as Obama in a landslide. Neither candidate will get more than 53% of the National vote (51% might be aiming high).

Not that the National vote matters as the election will be held in a dozen or so states. Obama's speech about there not being a Red America or a Blue America ancient history as both he and Romney will focus on the electoral math just like Bush did in 2000/2004.

If Virginia is close this year I might have to hold my nose and vote for Romney as Obama's record does not merit a 2nd term.

"Landslide" as in the electoral vote. Obama will win maybe one or two supposed "toss up" states, Romney will win the rest including the big ones.

The stench of the economy will be the reason for the "landslide" victory.

http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

if you're going to post a poll, post them all. Last I saw Obama was projected to get 288 electorals. If jobs continue to be added, evenly slowly, and Obama concentrates on the Romney/GOP/Ryan plan for Medicare and SS, I think he will win again pretty easily.

This is the predominant side of your brains wishful thinking that is speaking here. While the Ryan plan may not be perfect, it is a serious budget that leads to a balanced budget. Whereas Obama has never produced a long-term budget that never even comes close to addressing our long-term deficits. For independents like myself, I am fairly certain that most independents would rather support a candidate who at least addresses this issue even with a flawed budget over a candidate who would rather make a cynical calculation of not producing a budget in order to demagogue the other sides plan.

Most independents are not ideological, but we care about the economy , deficits and more importantly candidates who are serious about addressing our countries challenges. And we know that president Obama is more worried about his reelection than getting serious on producing a long term plan, pandering to his environmentalist base to get huge campaign cash at the expense of jobs (keystone pipeline) and would rather focus tremendous amount of time campaigning on gimmicks like the buffet rule that virtually do nothing for the economy, but polls well.

I'm sorry, but you couldn't be more off.

This election will be about the economy, and right now the president is getting poor reviews, which is why you have seen independents flee from him at a rapid pace over the past month. My guess is that with this poor job report, you will see that trend continue

"Landslide" as in the electoral vote. Obama will win maybe one or two supposed "toss up" states, Romney will win the rest including the big ones.

The stench of the economy will be the reason for the "landslide" victory.

It's over just as soon as Romney nominates Rubio. But there's still time for that, and more polls to be conducted. ;)

It's over just as soon as Romney nominates Rubio. But there's still time for that, and more polls to be conducted. ;)

So Rubio saying he wouldn't be VP is all posturing on his part?

My expectation is that the popular vote will go about 52%-48%. I also expect that the polls will have the electoral map very tight until about 2-3 weeks out and then 1 candidate will pull ahead and win fairly handily.

And which one pulls ahead will be the one that the question to the masses breaks for: are you any better off today than you were 4 years ago? Right now, it doesn't look like that question will be answered positively for the incumbant. That could change significantly in 6 months though I don't see how at this time.

This election will be about the economy, and right now the president is getting poor reviews, which is why you have seen independents flee from him at a rapid pace over the past month. My guess is that with this poor job report, you will see that trend continue

If the unemployment numbers are, in fact, as wrong as many people say, it ultimately won't matter what the published number really is. The discontent will be unavoidable come election day. If the pundits are wrong, and unemployment drops below 8% because hundreds of thousands continue to leave the work force, and the people actually believe in the number over the truth, then they will re-elect Obama...and we will get precisely what we deserve.

If the unemployment numbers are, in fact, as wrong as many people say, it ultimately won't matter what the published number really is. The discontent will be unavoidable come election day. If the pundits are wrong, and unemployment drops below 8% because hundreds of thousands continue to leave the work force, and the people actually believe in the number over the truth, then they will re-elect Obama...and we will get precisely what we deserve.

I would normally agree with you, but I have been heartened to see all the mainstream outlets reporting the jobs numbers for what they really are and highlighting the drop in labor particpation rate, and that the unemployment rate has mainly been dropping due to people fleeing the labor markets because of the despair that they are feeling.

This undercuts the Obama administrations claim of the lowering unemployment rate, and I am sure that they were a bit surprised how the media hammered that point home.