The President Is Up By Eight In Virginia

http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/05/ppp-obama-up-by-in-virginia-122175.html

Nice!

Barack Obama continues to look like the favorite to win Virginia this fall. He has a 51-43 lead over Mitt Romney in the state. We have consistently found Obama leading in Virginia by margins similar to his 6 point victory there in 2008- he led Romney by 6 in December, 4 in July, 11 in May (right after the killing of Osama bin Laden), and 6 last March.

The GOP better start sending political hacks into the trailor parks to grouse out more toothless, Confederate flag flying voters or they are going no where with Mitt

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/05/ppp-obama-up-by-in-virginia-122175.html

Nice!

The GOP better start sending political hacks into the trailor parks to grouse out more toothless, Confederate flag flying voters or they are going no where with Mitt

I'm really only 95% confident that the President is up somewhere between 4.2% and 11.8%.

Edited by BlueFire

Oh, now I'm not posting enough? :blink:

My drive-by insult rate has dropped fully by two-thirds.

Although now that he's not overshadowed by you on a regular basis, 3rd's cloying idiocy is starting to shine bright and true.

Dude's delusional.

US President Barack Obama on Friday shrugged off a disappointing Labor Department report on jobs growth, and said he would press Congress to pass "common sense" measures to create employment.

Obama chose to focus on the fact that the rate of unemployment dropped from 8.2 percent from 8.1 percent, not the headline number showing the economy created only a net 115,000 jobs last month, below market expectations.

"After the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, our businesses have now created more than 4.2 million jobs over the last 26 months (and) more than one million jobs in the last six months alone," Obama said at a school in the crucial election swing state of Virginia. "That's the good news, but there are still a lot of folks out of work which means we have got to do more," Obama said, as the unemployment data clouded the official launch of his reelection campaign on Saturday.

"Next week, I am going to urge Congress... to take some actions on common sense ideas right now that can accelerate even more jobs growth."

Ooooooh, next week he's going to take some actions on common sense ideas. Cuz, y'know, he's been too busy for the last three years doing more important things. I suspect one of those ideas is to just keep giving people a reason to drop out of the workforce so he can get that number down below 7% by November.

YES, WE CAN!

Dude's delusional.

Ooooooh, next week he's going to take some actions on common sense ideas. Cuz, y'know, he's been too busy for the last three years doing more important things. I suspect one of those ideas is to just keep giving people a reason to drop out of the workforce so he can get that number down below 7% by November.

YES, WE CAN!

This article puts it into perspective.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/03/Real-Unemployment-rate

With 154.7 million in the labor force, 1% represents about 1.55 million people. The unemployment rate is 3.6% higher, so there ought to be about 5.4 million less people working than five years ago. That's not true. There are indeed 5.6 million more unemployed, but there are also a staggering 9.2 million more people "not in the labor force," most often because they can't find a job. That means the total number of additional people actually out of work compared to 2007 is 14.8 million, or 9.7% of the labor force. Add that to the original 4.6%, and the actual rate of unemployment is about 14.3%. Also, there are 3.2 million more people working part-time jobs because they can't find full-time work. Let’s add. Today, there are 18 million more people not working or unable to find the job they want than in 2007. Add in the original 7.1 million already unemployed in 2007, plus the original 4.6 million U6, and the total is 29.7 million. In a universe of 155 million workers, the real U6 rate is thus approximately 19%. This is all Dept. of Labor data, offering an apples to apples comparison.

These 29.7 million people are anonymous, nameless, faceless. But the President's team knows they are out there, and that they are highly likely to vote. So they don't want to talk about jobs. They want to change the subject. Hence, more talk about dogs and contraceptives.

So they don't want to talk about jobs. They want to change the subject. Hence, more talk about dogs and contraceptives.

Not true. They talked about jobs today. You heard him. Next week. Common sense ideas. Comin' at ya. Any minute now.

http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

if you're going to post a poll, post them all. Last I saw Obama was projected to get 288 electorals. If jobs continue to be added, evenly slowly, and Obama concentrates on the Romney/GOP/Ryan plan for Medicare and SS, I think he will win again pretty easily.

http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

if you're going to post a poll, post them all. Last I saw Obama was projected to get 288 electorals. If jobs continue to be added, evenly slowly, and Obama concentrates on the Romney/GOP/Ryan plan for Medicare and SS, I think he will win again pretty easily.

Wait until Romney picks Rubio as his VP and gets a good portion of the Latino vote.

If jobs continue to be added, evenly slowly, and Obama concentrates on the Romney/GOP/Ryan plan for Medicare and SS, I think he will win again pretty easily.

I guess you could consider jobs are being added if you choose to ignore how many people are leaving the work force. Kinda like, I guess you could consider Julia an independent woman if you choose to ignore how much she depends on the government to exist.