Breaking news: Suggs tears Achilles

that was my first thought. if pitt wins that division and the pats ours, the ravens and us may be fighting for a playoff spot directly. on defense, pass rush makes the world go round, and theres just took a major hit.

I think you meant to say "After we win our division, the Pats will have to fight the Ravens for the Wild Card spot." :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you meant to say "After we win our division, the Pats will have to fight the Ravens for the Wild Card spot." :thumbsup:

anything is possible.

Since the Bills were in a 3-4 last year, and now in a 4-3, do they have any OLB they could trade to Baltimore? Baltimore does run a 3-4, right?

only problem - the reason our 34 is now a 43 is that our OLB situation was so awful.

Reminds me of when Sam Cowart had the same injury, who would have been one of the best Bills LB'ers ever if he stayed healthy

And was having the game of his life (3 sacks in the first half) when the Bucs took him out -- at least that's how I choose to remember it.

On the Baltimore FAN station, Suggs has been quoted as saying it is just ruptured, not fully torn, and that he hopes to be back October, November at the latest... won't know for sure until after an MRI. This happened on Saturday, Ravens knew about it during the draft (again, according to the local radio guys).

On the Baltimore FAN station, Suggs has been quoted as saying it is just ruptured, not fully torn, and that he hopes to be back October, November at the latest... won't know for sure until after an MRI. This happened on Saturday, Ravens knew about it during the draft (again, according to the local radio guys).

I know they are trying to change the rule but i always hated the IR rule that you are lost for the season. maybe each team should get one exception or something. It would be heard for the Ravens, or any team, to hold a precious roster spot for a player who MAY be back 10 games into the season, and even then won't be 100%. It would have been great had the Bills been able to play Easley the last 6 games or so when he was cleared and ready to play last year.

I know they are trying to change the rule but i always hated the IR rule that you are lost for the season. maybe each team should get one exception or something. It would be heard for the Ravens, or any team, to hold a precious roster spot for a player who MAY be back 10 games into the season, and even then won't be 100%. It would have been great had the Bills been able to play Easley the last 6 games or so when he was cleared and ready to play last year.

You should write Joe Gibbs a letter of complaint. He wasn't the only coach to exploit the old IR rules, but he was the worst.

GO BILLS!!!

You should write Joe Gibbs a letter of complaint. He wasn't the only coach to exploit the old IR rules, but he was the worst.

GO BILLS!!!

yeah, I understand, somewhat, the reason for it, and to prevent teams from stashing players. But I still think there is every reason to believe that something like Easley's ailment, or Suggs' achilles surgery, should allow a team to bring at least one player back midway through the season.

FWIW, I still think it's really stupid not to let every team dress all of their players on game day. It makes the game a worse product IMO to keep those seven guys off the field just because the league thinks it makes it more fair. You have your team, players get hurt, you play your most healthy players. I don't see why they should keep those other guys out.

yeah, I understand, somewhat, the reason for it, and to prevent teams from stashing players. But I still think there is every reason to believe that something like Easley's ailment, or Suggs' achilles surgery, should allow a team to bring at least one player back midway through the season.

FWIW, I still think it's really stupid not to let every team dress all of their players on game day. It makes the game a worse product IMO to keep those seven guys off the field just because the league thinks it makes it more fair. You have your team, players get hurt, you play your most healthy players. I don't see why they should keep those other guys out.

He'd be covered in the PUP clause as he will be out at the start of camp. No?

He was never the same after the injury.

You are correct. He went on to be decent, but before the injury he was playing at close to, if not at, hall of fame level.

And was having the game of his life (3 sacks in the first half) when the Bucs took him out -- at least that's how I choose to remember it.

I too seem to have blocked that game from my mind. As I recall, our lb corps was virtually wiped out. Did Holocek and/or Speilmann go down too? And I think RJ was almost killed. He got hit very late and Marcus Spriggs just stood there and watched him bleed.

The NFL needs to take a page from baseball and have a 4 game and 8 game IR along with season ending IR. Then you can "call up" guys from the PS and this would allow everyone to carry a full 53 on game day.

Edited by Ramius

The NFL needs to take a page from baseball and have a 4 game and 8 game IR along with season ending IR. Then you can "call up" guys from the PS and this would allow everyone to carry a full 53 on game day.

That would work perfectly!

You are correct. He went on to be decent, but before the injury he was playing at close to, if not at, hall of fame level.

I too seem to have blocked that game from my mind. As I recall, our lb corps was virtually wiped out. Did Holocek and/or Speilmann go down too? And I think RJ was almost killed. He got hit very late and Marcus Spriggs just stood there and watched him bleed.

I don't remember; all I can recall was thinking, "Cowart is unstoppable" and then the knee popped.