UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

Oh I do agree with that. Maybe I should have said "the ribs excuse alone."

I think that's a statement that should have general agreement. I think it was a combination of multiple factors, the ribs were just one of several.

I've watched NFL QB's play with cracked ribs over the last 4 decades. It's an incredibly painful injury that makes simple tasks like breathing laborious. Despite how painful it is, the consensus is that is doesn't tremendously effect throwing accuracy, and if it does, the QB sits the bench. Tony Romo played with cracked ribs and a punctured lung last year. I'm sure Fitz was hampered a bit last season but we never saw him wincing after throws, favoring his side, or appearing in pain on the sidelines. In fact, it was so unnoticeable that people were shocked when it came out in February.

I don't know what people were shocked, I personally wasn't. It was noticable that he was favoring throws to one side of the field for several games. He started wearing some sort of chest or rib protector (a new ridge could be seen on his shoulders under his game jersey). He would rub his chest consistently during post-game interviews. It was noticable he was sitting in one place, "looking morose" as some people said, instead of up talking to people (trying to tough out the pain from the last series was my take). It would be stupid if he winced after throws or visibly favored his side in a game - that would be like wearing a giant neon sign "weak Bison, wolf pack attack right here" - that's what Toradyl injections are for and man, that stuff does work - to a point

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The harm in this is that the Bills are squandering a roster spot on a first round QB bust. That same roster spot could be used on a young guy with promise, like Tanney or Corp. Even if it's only a 1% chance of Tanney or Corp becoming the answer, that's still 1% more than is the case with Vince Young. I like 99% of what Nix has done this off season. I don't like this.

What he said.

This move just seems very out of step with all the great moves Chix have made so far this year. Not a character player, not a proven performer. Shades of past regimes. I hope I'm wrong.

What he said.

This move just seems very out of step with all the great moves Chix have made so far this year. Not a character player, not a proven performer. Shades of past regimes. I hope I'm wrong.

really? tanney or corp had better odds of nfl success?

The harm in this is that the Bills are squandering a roster spot on a first round QB bust. That same roster spot could be used on a young guy with promise, like Tanney or Corp. Even if it's only a 1% chance of Tanney or Corp becoming the answer, that's still 1% more than is the case with Vince Young. I like 99% of what Nix has done this off season. I don't like this.

Teams have to carry 3 QBs, so there is still a spot left for either of those guys. If only they could beat out Thigpen, or even Brad Smith.

But they haven't. So they arent on the team.

Teams have to carry 3 QBs, so there is still a spot left for either of those guys. If only they could beat out Thigpen, or even Brad Smith.

But they haven't. So they arent on the team.

Since when? Bills have carried 2 QBs before and the 3rd QB is now able to play but is not mandatory.

Since when? Bills have carried 2 QBs before and the 3rd QB is now able to play but is not mandatory.

I was under the impression that with the new CBA and expanded roster, part of it was that teams had to carry 3 QBs. I remember it being talked about when we signed Brad Smith, that it was a smart move because he filled the 3rd QB requirement, but we could get other use out of him as well.

Could be wrong. Trying to find a link to any story about it...

Edited by DrDareustein

I think what the new CBA allowed for was the third QB to be active on game day, not like before, when they could only come into the game due to injury. So, that makes it smart to carry a jack-of-all-trades QB like Smith, or even Teblow.