How Conservatives Are Viewed By The Left

You know a "conservative" who thinks America should be a neo-imperialist power with a foreign policy based on conquest and exploitation?

More likely that you just think you do, because you're retarded.

where's OC when you need him

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh:

belittling an idea doesn't make it untrue.

Did he just demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of "libertarian", "neo-fascist", or both?

both, at their core, most importantly,want things their own way.

belittling an idea doesn't make it untrue.

Do they want them their way any more than you want things your way? I would suspect the Libertarian though wants his way but also wants you to be able to have your way, as long as you don't !@#$ with him.

Do they want them their way any more than you want things your way? I would suspect the Libertarian though wants his way but also wants you to be able to have your way, as long as you don't !@#$ with him.

that's a fundamental difference. i think the good of the many trumps the good of the few, even if at times actions that benefit the many may not be advantageous to me personally.

:lol: That's not even close to being true about either.

that's a fundamental difference. i think the good of the many trumps the good of the few, even if at times actions that benefit the many may not be advantageous to me personally.

THAT is closer to neo-fascism than anything else.

It always comes back to you liberals knowing what's best for everyone else. That "moral superiority" you carry around must get pretty heavy.

"Volk and nation first."

Where have I heard that before?

This thread was destined for Godwin-dom from the very start.

Not Godwined yet...it wasn't a Hitler reference, just an Aktion T4 reference.

People who talk about "the good of the many" are usually the last people who should be responsible for determining it.

Both of the Major Politcal Parties seem to have a preference for Big Federal Government- the Fed has expanded throughout my 35 years, whether it be an R or D in the House, R'd or D's in the Congress Etc.... my conclusion, they both have a vested interest in keeping Government right where it is. They both try to use it as a lever to push an Ideaology. The good news, is the Republicans check the Democrats, and the Democrats check Republicans. In this situation you get neither the minimialist government full privitization one side adores, or the Government Central Planning model the other is in love with.... MOST Americans are somewhere in and around the middle, trying to make their lives better, hoping for a little extra to live nicely when they are too old for this ****...

We really do need a Thrid Party to emerge, ideally a Libertarian. We need someone who will has no vested in either D or R ideaology, but someone who can take the good that is working, cut the bad that is failing, and REALLY pare down Government to its intended scope. I have lost hope that either candidates that these parties put forth will be able to accomlish much.

Not Godwined yet...it wasn't a Hitler reference, just an Aktion T4 reference.

People who talk about "the good of the many" are usually the last people who should be responsible for determining it.

I might have to brush up on my internet laws. I always thought Godwin extended it to Nazis in general.

For liberals there are never two legitimate sides in a debate. There are only forward and backward, good intentions and bad intentions. It is not necessary to argue the merits of an issue with someone who is pointing backward; it is enough to locate that person as pointing backward. To do so is to make the case and prove the case.

The result is predictable: The essence of liberal argument is ad hominem attack. Liberals do not confront arguments directly, any more than they confront religious claims directly; they go behind conservative arguments to vilify the messenger. If you disagree with liberal policy you are a xenophobe, a homophobe, an Islamophobe, a racist, an extremist, or lately a “terrorist.” As the president has said, you are too scared to think straight. Instead of answering your arguments, liberals aim to shut you up with snarky TV entertainment shows.

A hundred years ago, the philosopher George Santayana cut to the core of this mentality. In his commentary on Goethe’s Faust, Santayana wrote of the modern liberal that “his ultimate satisfaction in his work is not founded on any good done, but on a passionate willfulness. He calls the thing he wants for others good, because he wants to bestow it on them, not because they naturally want it for themselves. Incapable of sympathy, he has a momentary pleasure in policy.”

Just perfect. What this willful liberal does not admit is that decent, intelligent people who understand their own interests and understand liberal policies can still reject them.

Jeff Bergner

"Volk and nation first."

Where have I heard that before?

sure, to believe in that ideal (the good of the many, not your misapplied paraphrase) necessarily means you're a nazi or espouse fascism. geez, that really deserves a forehead slap. seems, at its extremes more in line with another german political philosopher whom the nazi's despised. yet, you see a striking similarity.

uh huh...it's liberals who are the dualists, seeing life in black and white and never gray.

Edited by birdog1960

can't really say i know them but how bout cheney and bush...isn't that what iraq really about? it just didn't work out so well.

and the exploitation in that exercise was ...

sure, to believe in that ideal (the good of the many, not your misapplied paraphrase) necessarily means you're a nazi or espouse fascism. geez, that really deserves a forehead slap. seems, at its extremes more in line with another german political philosopher whom the nazi's despised. yet, you see a striking similarity.

The point was to parody your ridiculous analogy - it just so happens that mine is slightly more accurate, Herr Doktor.

b-large having more than two parties won't change much. look at Canada for example. conservative, liberal, green party and two Communist...

I really don't know where to begin when someone suggests looking at Canada as an example of a dysfunctional society. Either you can spend your whole life studying examples or you can remember the old computer lingo garbage in garbage out.