Aaron Corp

PS 56

As a Bills and USC fan, I was really intrigued by this signing. I knew of him (and his bad luck) at USC. He was, in my humble opinion, a pretty good quarterback. Truthfully I always liked him better than Matt Barkley. I hope his luck changes under Chan. Here is a link to a story on him that appeared in the Orange County Register...

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/corp-351049-lineburg-game.html

I don't follow college football, I never heard anything about him before we picked him, and I've only watched game footage of him from what was posted here (highlights of his game against Towson last year).

That said, I'm severely underwhelmed by the guy. He didn't look terribly sharp on the reel we saw, and his record at Richmond (8-straight losses to end 2011) leaves me scratching my head. Perhaps he's a project guy, but in some ways he seems to defy the Nix formula.

I'm far from infallible when it comes to evaluating professional football talent, and I'm quite fine with ALL the picks from this past weekend, but in this case, I need to be sold...

I don't follow college football, I never heard anything about him before we picked him, and I've only watched game footage of him from what was posted here (highlights of his game against Towson last year).

That said, I'm severely underwhelmed by the guy. He didn't look terribly sharp on the reel we saw, and his record at Richmond (8-straight losses to end 2011) leaves me scratching my head. Perhaps he's a project guy, but in some ways he seems to defy the Nix formula.

I'm far from infallible when it comes to evaluating professional football talent, and I'm quite fine with ALL the picks from this past weekend, but in this case, I need to be sold...

The one thing that keeps coming up about him, is "Leadership" "Character" and persaverence so I think that makes him a Nix guy.

Remember the bar is Tyler Thigpen and Levi Brown; I'm thinking Corp, a one time big time college QB recruit, will be given every opportunity to earn a roster spot and a spot on the PS.

The one thing that keeps coming up about him, is "Leadership" "Character" and persaverence so I think that makes him a Nix guy.

Remember the bar is Tyler Thigpen and Levi Brown; I'm thinking Corp, a one time big time college QB recruit, will be given every opportunity to earn a roster spot and a spot on the PS.

Sounds like a lot of hocus pocus to me.

Sounds like the opposite of an Andy Dalton type, a guy who just flat-out wins.

Levi Brown??

As a Bills and USC fan, I was really intrigued by this signing. I knew of him (and his bad luck) at USC. He was, in my humble opinion, a pretty good quarterback. Truthfully I always liked him better than Matt Barkley. I hope his luck changes under Chan. Here is a link to a story on him that appeared in the Orange County Register...

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/corp-351049-lineburg-game.html

I don't have a clue why they would pick up a guy that had a history of injury when they had a chance to pick up another guy that was undrafted & had a winning pedigree in his college career , not to mention he had the highest winning percentage among QB's ..

Kellen Moore was picked up by the Lions & given what the Lions have come from i'd say he would have been worth it to pick him up as a UDFA more so than a guy that never got mentioned in any way through out the draft ..

I think Buddy is doing a great job so far but sometimes he puts out these head scratchers that i just don't get ??

To me he looks somewhat slender and skittish with a weak arm who telegraphs floundering passes too high to his defenseless covered receivers against inferior competition to get them plastered. But he has a lot of promise if he can eliminate all of those things and grow a third arm.

To me he looks somewhat slender and skittish with a weak arm who telegraphs floundering passes too high to his defenseless covered receivers against inferior competition to get them plastered. But he has a lot of promise if he can eliminate all of those things and grow a third arm.

While new QB Coach David Lee is supposed to be a wizard in correcting faulty mechanics, I don't believe he's capable of performing limb transplants. I guess this does not bode well for Corp.

How do you pronounce Corp?

I would guess just as it's spelled… like corpse without the s.

How do you pronounce Corp?

Just call him the air corp...

While new QB Coach David Lee is supposed to be a wizard in correcting faulty mechanics, I don't believe he's capable of performing limb transplants. I guess this does not bode well for Corp.

I would guess just as it's spelled… like corpse without the s.

The silent e never gets any respect I tell ya...

Sounds like a lot of hocus pocus to me.

Sounds like the opposite of an Andy Dalton type, a guy who just flat-out wins.

Yeah I'm not saying he is a sure thing.

I'm just saying High Charachter, Pete Carroll recruited at USC, beat Matt Barkley a 2013 1st rounder for a starting QB, why wouldn't you give him a shot as an UDFA?

I don't have a clue why they would pick up a guy that had a history of injury when they had a chance to pick up another guy that was undrafted & had a winning pedigree in his college career , not to mention he had the highest winning percentage among QB's ..

Kellen Moore was picked up by the Lions & given what the Lions have come from i'd say he would have been worth it to pick him up as a UDFA more so than a guy that never got mentioned in any way through out the draft ..

I think Buddy is doing a great job so far but sometimes he puts out these head scratchers that i just don't get ??

I said before the draft, drafting a QB under 6'0" is a stupid waste of time and that Kellen Moore is not nearly as talented as Michael Vick, Doug Flutie or Drew Brees and all 32 teams concurred on Kellen Moore yet some people are still confused why an team doesnt want a QB that is not tall enough to ride the rides in the NFL. Amazing.

31/32 teams concurred about the 6'0" aspect with the lone exception of the Seattle Seahawks. The same franchise that traded a pick for Charlie Whitehurst and drafted another pipsqueak in Seneca Wallace. Newsflash. Russell Wilson can't see over NFL lineman nor can Kellen Moore neither will be successfull NFL QBs.

Wilson because of his athleticism has a chance to not lose a game as a backup but that's about his ceiling.