Nix on WGR this morning

QCity

Any team had the opportunity to take them in the 1st 40 picks. If they are relying the words of Buddy Nix to form their own plan then something is very wrong. Buddy is not compelled to let other teams know his plans for a player.

Of course you're right, but I still wouldn't want anyone I work with to know I was downplaying their value in the market place. I suspect this is entirely washed away by the NFL initiation whirlwind and all that comes with it.

Interesting how Nix said that Glenn was a consideration at #10 if the draft fell a certain way. Made it seem like we had Gilmore rated very highly and were happy he fell to #10. Also, Hill and Jeffrey were the WR's that went right after our pick, so I assume we had high grades on those guys too.

I guess this validates not trading up, being able to select two players you had graded for the tenth pick. :thumbsup:

Also stated they may not be done in free agency. Wonder who is on the radar?

Edited by BRAWNDO

Yes, I'm positive. I found it hard to believe he said it. I think it was a GR interview friday morning. I even commented about it here and think I provided a link. I don't have time to look now but I am sure of it. The interviewer, which may have been JoeB or Sal from GR didn't think he would answer it either (It's possible it was Colin Cowherd, too, but I know I heard the interview personally).

I actually watched The Herd that morning and listened to that exact interview. Colin cowherd definitely asked buddy to name bpa going into rd 2 of the draft and buddy did say jonathan Martin. So your absolutely right and it was Colin cowherd.