Buffalo Bills are really deep at Offensive Line and Defensive line

1B4IDie

For so long I've cursed at the end of games about the Bills lack of physicality up front. All the skill guys going to waste because our big men were a waste, and finally there is little doubt that this team is finally investing in the big men. In a few years this team might be the biggest and most physical team in the NFL if they continue like this. :beer:

Sanders will need to look good enough in preseason that the coaching staff decides they can't risk trying to put him on the practice squad. That might wind up bumping Rinehart or Brown off the roster,

Looks like Asper and Jasper will be competing for the last roster spot, with Young and everybody else just there in case somebody gets hurt.

The Bills typically carried 9 O-linemen last year and dressed 7.

Bell is gone. I would say Sam Young and Michael Jasper are on the bubble. I don't see Rinehart losing his spot. He played very well as a backup at left and right guard.

I think the Moats and Battens of this team are going bye bye

I think Moats has enough athleticism to possibly transition to 4-3 OLB… besides the team is still thin their even after the draft.

I agree with you on Batten… he faces a steep uphill at DE.

I agree, there will definitely be some tough cuts. I have an idea of who may or may not make it, but we'll have to see when it all plays out!!

GO BILLS!!

If the DL starters are Mario Williams, Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Anderson can the team afford to keep Merriman and Kelsay as backups and/or situational players when each has a cap hit of $5.75 million?

I don't think so.

If the DL starters are Mario Williams, Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Anderson can the team afford to keep Merriman and Kelsay as backups and/or situational players when each has a cap hit of $5.75 million?

I don't think so.

I think the important thing is what the people managing the cap think..

But they're all a "soft" 315 pounds...

I don't think so.

Choose your poison, an aging chris kelsay or a health risk shawne merriman?

For so long I've cursed at the end of games about the Bills lack of physicality up front. All the skill guys going to waste because our big men were a waste, and finally there is little doubt that this team is finally investing in the big men. In a few years this team might be the biggest and most physical team in the NFL if they continue like this. :beer:

Yep Chix may have finally erased the last of the lingering impact of that awful undersized Tampa-2 suck defense. I never liked the "undersized but quick" scheme Jauron brought to B-lo. This defense has the makings of big and quick. I really like the roster that Chix are assembling. Let's hope it results in w's.

Breaking down the OL a little more systematically: (assumes no major injuries or surprises)

Assuming everyone is healthy, training camp will probably open

Hairston-Levitre-Wood-Urbik-Pears

Glenn will wind up taking one of the starting T spots, or at worst be the #3T.

Most teams keep 9 OL, so that leaves 3 spots left. Ideally you would like a mix of proven vets and developing young players among your backups. Competing for these 3 spots you have:

Rinehart

Brown

Sanders

Asper

Jasper

Young

(everybody else)

Sanders will need to look good enough in preseason that the coaching staff decides they can't risk trying to put him on the practice squad. That might wind up bumping Rinehart or Brown off the roster,

Looks like Asper and Jasper will be competing for the last roster spot, with Young and everybody else just there in case somebody gets hurt.

No way Rinehart gets cut. Why would we franchise tag a player we thought we could replace?