Getting a domain name registered?

boyst

What is the best/quickest way or site to go to to get a domain name registered for future use.

I know about godaddy.com but what are some better sites that offer better deals?

It depends...what domain are you trying to register...? 0:)

Want something I can have much control of as I want with design, and layout. There are quite a few people around here who specialize in small business pages and one that does ag for $500.

It depends...what domain are you trying to register...? 0:)

Xxxcow.com. wanna go in for half?

Edited by jboyst62

Want something I can have much control of as I want with design, and layout. There are quite a few people around here who specialize in small business pages and one that does ag for $500.

I think you're mixing up your request. Registering a domain name does not mean they host anything other than your name. Yes, GoDaddy CAN host your website for you if you want - but you don't have to. You can use them for your name and then just have xxxcow.com point to whatever IP address you want on the Internet.

It sounds like you want a HOSTING option, not necessarily just a domain name registrar.

Originally I wanted the domain name. Just a fast easy way to get the name. But a lot of recomensations for hosting came up so now I am just not sure.

That depends, are you ready to have your website made and put on the web? Can you do the website stuff yourself or do you have to hire someone? Do you have the money to move ahead now? Are you just trying to save the name for future development?

That depends, are you ready to have your website made and put on the web? Can you do the website stuff yourself or do you have to hire someone? Do you have the money to move ahead now? Are you just trying to save the name for future development?

I had just wanted to get the website name now, maybe even not put anything on it for a month or so. I could probably figure it out but would probably hire someone, as well, to help kick it off.

Mostly, save the name for future development, not that it'd be likely taken, because the startup costs are not something I can manage at this moment. Basically, with the publicity of the farm that we are getting we might move ahead if we can justify doing so and spending the money. Beyond just getting the domain name registered, we haven't even considered costs of building it and maintenance. Hoping to spend less then $500 to design it (way less) and spend less then $10/month maintaining it (I could likely do this).

I had just wanted to get the website name now, maybe even not put anything on it for a month or so. I could probably figure it out but would probably hire someone, as well, to help kick it off.

Mostly, save the name for future development, not that it'd be likely taken, because the startup costs are not something I can manage at this moment. Basically, with the publicity of the farm that we are getting we might move ahead if we can justify doing so and spending the money. Beyond just getting the domain name registered, we haven't even considered costs of building it and maintenance. Hoping to spend less then $500 to design it (way less) and spend less then $10/month maintaining it (I could likely do this).

You should be able to host the finished product for about $5 a month. But it is going to take at least $500 to $1000 to have a design firm make you a website depending on bells and whistles needed and custom artwork.

I use 1 & 1 for my personal blog. You can register the name now, then later either use their website builder to make your website, or use your own software package and upload it to the webspace they give you. (I'm currently using the Wordpress software for mine.) If you wanted to make an actual store, you can upgrade to that easily also. I've used them over 7 years now with no issues.