In ground pool owners

dib

'm researching in ground pool cleaners but I thought I'd start with those of you with boots on the ground so to speak. Anyone have any sugggestions regarding make/model?

I have an Aquabot that we bought from BJ's for around $800. Other than replacing the drive belts from normal wear it has performed flawlessly. Plug it in, throw it in the pool and walk away. It climbs the vertical laws so well it looks like it's going to climb out of the pool!

I will say though, it's not ideal for opening though if your pool is exceptionally dirty. The bag tends to fill up quickly but it still works!

I have a Polaris 380 that is very nice - climbs the walls and does a good job - put it in, let it run and within about 2 hours my 25,000 gallon pool is cleaned. It runs on a booster pump and has its own water line - you need good pressure to make it work. I put the booster pumb on a timer so it runs un the middle of the night when nobody is in the pool.

I thik Polaris has some even better models now - mune is 8 years old.

I have a Polaris 380 that is very nice - climbs the walls and does a good job - put it in, let it run and within about 2 hours my 25,000 gallon pool is cleaned. It runs on a booster pump and has its own water line - you need good pressure to make it work. I put the booster pumb on a timer so it runs un the middle of the night when nobody is in the pool.

I thik Polaris has some even better models now - mune is 8 years old.

+1 on this.

I actually just bought my Polaris 380 two years ago. Most of the reviews of the 380 said it was better than the newer Polaris models, so I went with it and have not been disappointed.

As a project manager for Pentair Water Pool & Spa, we manufacture pool cleaners branded under the Sta-Rite and Kreepy brand. So my opinion my be a bit biased. It depends on what type of pool you have. For aboveground / onground pools, the best functioning cleaner is the Lil Shark. It has much less moving parts than the Hayward and Polaris competition and is one of those that do a great job day in and day out cleaning the pool. For an inground pool, I'd recommend the Legend cleaner. It's a pressure cleaner with a bag attached. It climbs walls, has a scrubber, and is a pretty fast cleaning cleaner. As for the Polaris recommendation, the 380 is a great cleaner and does function better than the 3900. Keep your eyes peeled for some new cleaners coming out from Pentair in the next few months...