Al Franken booed mercilessly

Figured some might be interested in this, no matter what side you're on.

Al Franken was booed mercilessly at the Minnesota Swarm lacrosse game tonight. You'd think being a former comedian/actor that he would've been able to deflect it with ease, but instead he got very defensive, started babbling (which prompted more booing), and tried lecturing the crowd on what a great guy he was (which prompted even more booing). Not his best moment, although I found it amusing. :D

His babbling went something like, "To those two cheered me or did nothing, thank you. To those who booed me, know that I helped the team. I was important. If not for me, they couldn't have played." (or something like that). I had no idea what he was talking about, so just did a search and found that he was probably referring to this:

http://www.startribu.../139052129.html

So he helped an assistant coach, a scout and an equipment manager get into the country back in February.... And he wanted a "look at me moment" for that. :rolleyes:

My wife was shocked at the booing and said, "Obviously the Swarm don't know the type of people who buy tickets to their sport. Apparently based on this, they're not democrats." :lol:

Al Franken was booed mercilessly at the Minnesota Swarm lacrosse game tonight. You'd think being a former comedian/actor that he would've been able to deflect it with ease, but instead he got very defensive, started babbling (which prompted more booing), and tried lecturing the crowd on what a great guy he was (which prompted even more booing). Not his best moment, although I found it amusing. :D

His babbling went something like, "To those two cheered me or did nothing, thank you. To those who booed me, know that I helped the team. I was important. If not for me, they couldn't have played." (or something like that). I had no idea what he was talking about, so just did a search and found that he was probably referring to this:

So he helped an assistant coach, a scout and an equipment manager get into the country back in February.... And he wanted a "look at me moment" for that. :rolleyes:

My wife was shocked at the booing and said, "Obviously the Swarm don't know the type of people who buy tickets to their sport. Apparently based on this, they're not democrats." :lol:

:lol:

Reminded me of one of my favorite lines from The Blind Side - one of my favorite football movies (and favorite 'feel-good' movies) - the scene where the Tuohys hire 'Miss Sue' (Kathy Bates) to tutor Michael Oher and she insists that she has 'something important' she thinks they should know before they hire her...

"I'm a democrat."

...prompting an even funnier line from Sean Tuohy (Tim McGraw) to his wife, "Who would have ever imagined we'd have a black son before we knew a democrat?"

I guess it wasn't "take your convicted felon to a Swarm game" day.

Usually the more pompous the politicians the thinner the skin. Al Franken has always seemed to be pretty close to the top of those lists no matter what his affiliation.

Celebrities are not used to being booed. They're used to being coddled and worshiped. I love this. He probably went home and cried.

But Al Franken is good enough, smart enough, and doggone it...people like him!

Regardless what your political views are, Stewart Smalley is reason enough to boo Al Franken

Usually the more pompous the politicians the thinner the skin. Al Franken has always seemed to be pretty close to the top of those lists no matter what his affiliation.

Reminds me of a line from Dennis Miller who said if Obama were any more thin skinned he'd have a resevoir tip :lol:

Gee, Al. Maybe if the wheels of bureaucracy didn't turn so slowly businesses wouldn't have to call their Senators to get visas for Canadian lacrosse players.

Congrats on using your political "muscles" to move something along that should have been painless in the first place. <_<

Franken is a bit of a blow-hard, but to you who only remmeber him as Stewart Smally, you are missing some great stuff...he was one of the orinal writers for the original Saturday Night Live, way back at the begining...his political "I'm Pete Tagliani" commercials were hilarious, and, unfortunately, kind of prophetic.

Franken is a bit of a blow-hard, but to you who only remmeber him as Stewart Smally, you are missing some great stuff...he was one of the orinal writers for the original Saturday Night Live, way back at the begining...his political "I'm Pete Tagliani" commercials were hilarious, and, unfortunately, kind of prophetic.

So instead of a Senator he would be better off as a speech writer? I'll go along with that.

So instead of a Senator he would be better off as a speech writer? I'll go along with that.

Maybe...he may be an insufferable douche (used to listen to his radio show...he was insufferable), but in some ways, I find it admirable that he gave up a show-biz career (more as as writer than actor), to follow his conscience.

Maybe...he may be an insufferable douche (used to listen to his radio show...he was insufferable), but in some ways, I find it admirable that he gave up a show-biz career (more as as writer than actor), to follow his conscience.

Yes, he followed his conscience to the point of voter fraud in order to be elected.

As I said before, his best acting was in Trading Places. Closest to the real person. He;s a shrimp. I'm 5'4"and he's about the same height. In 2007, I was waiting for a client outside of a building in downtown Sacramento. He had his Err-Americashow on tour at a small theater around the corner. Would had said something to him, but I didn't know who I was meeting and didn't want to do it in front of him. He was going to the capitol to kiss some dem ass.

Franken wasn't doing much before the felons helped get him elected.

And his 'the '80's are going to be the Al Franken decade' was !@#$ing hilarious. :unsure:

What a true comic genius. :rolleyes: