Nick Barnett

Marcell Dareus

Kelvin Sheppard

Stephon Gilmore

Aaron Williams

Mario Williams

Compare the new additions to the 2010 roster/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2010_roster.htm

Buddy Nix has done an absolutely fantastic job. Other than injuries, there should be no excuses for this team not be a top ten defense.

7 of 11 new starters. That's an overhaul. Plus an NFL caliber DC. The rookies this year should also have an impact too.

It's been so long since we've had a defense, I seriously have forgotten what it's like.

Not only does it look like we have a defense, but it looks like it's been modeled following the Giants' blueprint!

New DC/

Dave Wannstedt

New starters/

Mark Anderson

Nick Barnett

Marcell Dareus

Kelvin Sheppard

Stephon Gilmore

Aaron Williams

Mario Williams

Better add the two new linebackers. Figure one of them will soon start over Morrison.

Buddy Nix has done an absolutely fantastic job. Other than injuries, there should be no excuses for this team not be a top ten defense.

1335644261[/url]' post='2451760']

It's been so long since we've had a defense, I seriously have forgotten what it's like.

Not only does it look like we have a defense, but it looks like it's been modeled following the Giants' blueprint!

The Bills defense has been horrendous for years! We've been unable to do anything with any consistency - stop 3rd and long, force turnovers, pressure the QB, stop the run. You name it. Quite honestly, slant patterns and pass caching TEs have been instant 1st down conversions for opposing offenses for so long, I've just given up thinking they could EVER be stopped. I truly hope this defense comes together. At this point, I'd settle for adequate.

New DC/

Dave Wannstedt

New starters/

Mark Anderson

Nick Barnett

Marcell Dareus

Kelvin Sheppard

Stephon Gilmore

Aaron Williams

Mario Williams

Better not talk about how much the defense had been overhauled, there is one poster here who likes to say Buddy has done nothing.

I do like this defense on paper way more then last years. Its gonna take a minute for them to jell, but the fact they have an entire offeason this year should help greatly.

I think that's one of the reasons the Eagles struggled last year...not enough time to come together.

Better not talk about how much the defense had been overhauled, there is one poster here who likes to say Buddy has done nothing.

I do like this defense on paper way more then last years. Its gonna take a minute for them to jell, but the fact they have an entire offeason this year should help greatly.

I think that's one of the reasons the Eagles struggled last year...not enough time to come together.

convenienlty ignored is that the reason for the huge turnover in roster is that Chan and Buddy gutted the 4-3 defense we had before that 2010 season and brought in a unch of scrubs to play a 3-4. In retrospect, that was probably the Bills cover for tanking the season to get Cam - but Luck killed them by not coming out