Question I would love to ask Tom Donahoe..

JoeF

I don't mean to trivialize Sunday's game...because it will be a proverbial dog fight no matter who the Steelers put on the field. Games against the Steelers have been like an in-division game for us in the past--very hard fought--with one team usually clearly outplaying the other....but both teams knowing they have been in a battle.

But if I had one question I would ask TD it would be the following:

Bills are up by 2 touchdowns late in the fourth and Steelers just give up the ball on downs in their own territory. Mularkey calls up to the booth and says Tom--how do you want play these last Couple of minutes....what does Tom say?

I think TD takes the high/PC road and says take a knee--but I think he wants to say throw the ball, use our timeouts and try to put another score on Cowher and Rooney....If we score -- Onside kick.....

Mularkey calls up to the booth and says Tom--how do you want play these last Couple of minutes....what does Tom say?

184219[/snapback]

The only Tom that MM would be calling up to the booth to ask what plays to run would be Clements.

Bluefire: "Liberal - Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded."

Bluefire, I'm curious as to why you think liberals are tolerant of the ideas of others. It seems to me that most liberals--especially those who have risen to positions of power--are very intolerant of conservative ideas. Donald Kaul, for example, once wrote that we have nothing to hate except hate itself. In the same article, he referred to an ideological opponent as a "fat windbag." A U.S. News and World Report study showed that at most leading U.S. universities, 90 - 95% of professors belong to the Democratic or other left-leaning political parties, at least in subjects where a professor's political opinions might make a difference to how the class was taught (history, English, etc.).

In Nazi Germany, a German official made critical remarks about Crystal Night at a social gathering. Crystal Night was a night in which Jewish temples and places of business were vandalized by the German people. The German official's criticism of this act could be seen as sticking up for the Jews. Hitler called this man into his office to chew him out, but otherwise left him unpunished. In contrast, Trent Lott made a joke about how the country would have been better off had Strom Thurmond been elected president. The Democrats responded by calling for his removal from the Senate. In other words, elected Democrat officials proved more intolerant of Racially Incorrect Speech than did Adolf Hitler.

By the way...I guess I missed this...but Donahoe in an interview with a Pittsburgh media outlet before the season said on the record that the Steelers made a mistake keeping Cowher over Him..This is a deep fued...

And those who posted thinking i was suggesting MM ask TD to call plays--I was not--it was the decision of kneel vs. try to score not what plays to run..

I've no questions for TD. That he tolerated a HC and OC that seriously hurt the franchise and the paying customers without taking action that football folks from coast to coast knew was needed tells me all I need to know about his character.

185726[/snapback]

So he should have fired them after they improved from 3-13 to 8-8, or during the 6-10 season, after they started 2-0?

I was miffed that he didn't let those two go during last season, but I don't hold it against the guy's character.

And if he were a trigger happy GM, where would Mularkey and his staff be after starting 3-6 this season?

I don't mean to trivialize Sunday's game...because it will be a proverbial dog fight no matter who the Steelers put on the field.  Games against the Steelers have been like an in-division game for us in the past--very hard fought--with one team usually clearly outplaying the other....but both teams knowing they have been in a battle.

But if I had one question I would ask TD it would be the following:

Bills are up by 2 touchdowns late in the fourth and Steelers just give up the ball on downs in their own territory.  Mularkey calls up to the booth and says Tom--how do you want play these last Couple of minutes....what does Tom say?

I think TD takes the high/PC road and says take a knee--but I think he wants to say throw the ball, use our timeouts and try to put another score on Cowher and Rooney....If we score -- Onside kick.....

184219[/snapback]

perhaps, but the football gods would hate that.

I've never liked the idea of firing a coach during the season, because the whole interim coach situation is a mess. There aren't very many people you can hire for interim head coach, because they all have commitments that last until the end of the season. Chances are your interim head coach will be a member of your staff. Moreover, he will have the same staff of assistant coaches your old head coach had. So you're putting him in a position to fail.

Bluefire: "Liberal - Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded."

Bluefire, I'm curious as to why you think liberals are tolerant of the ideas of others. It seems to me that most liberals--especially those who have risen to positions of power--are very intolerant of conservative ideas. Donald Kaul, for example, once wrote that we have nothing to hate except hate itself. In the same article, he referred to an ideological opponent as a "fat windbag." A U.S. News and World Report study showed that at most leading U.S. universities, 90 - 95% of professors belong to the Democratic or other left-leaning political parties, at least in subjects where a professor's political opinions might make a difference to how the class was taught (history, English, etc.).

In Nazi Germany, a German official made critical remarks about Crystal Night at a social gathering. Crystal Night was a night in which Jewish temples and places of business were vandalized by the German people. The German official's criticism of this act could be seen as sticking up for the Jews. Hitler called this man into his office to chew him out, but otherwise left him unpunished. In contrast, Trent Lott made a joke about how the country would have been better off had Strom Thurmond been elected president. The Democrats responded by calling for his removal from the Senate. In other words, elected Democrat officials proved more intolerant of Racially Incorrect Speech than did Adolf Hitler.

185690[/snapback]

what the hell does this have to do about football or the original post?

185690[/snapback]

"We refuse to accept intolerance!" :ph34r: