Ding Dong, the BCS is dead!

Ramius

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/04/26/bcs-four-team-playoff/index.html

There are a million and 1 articles about this, so i only linked one. The BCS as we know it is dead, giving way to a 4 team playoff. The day has finally arrived! Here are the key points:

1. The playoff will consist of 4 teams

2. College football wants to have everything wrapped up soon after new years. No more title game on Jan 29th. The semi finals shoudl come just after christmas with the final just after new years.

3. Bowls, thankfully, have no say in the playoff process. The playoff will probably fit into the existing bowl structure/process.

4. The days of AQ conferences seem to be gone.

5. No news yet as to how the 4 teams will be selected, or how the polls will fit in with this process.

6. Old bowl affiliations may be gone as well. The Bowl system may mvoe to more of a free market where bowls can invite anyone.

The details need to be hammered out, so there's a lot of work yet to be done, but this is nothing but good news. I could care less about the bowl system. Its an old antiquated system, designed to benefit nobody besides the big wigs that run the bowls and the big wigs from the universities. As for "tradition," i bring up a great de-motivational poster; "just because you've always done something, doesn't mean it's not monumentally stupid." The old bowl system, much like the BCS, has run its course, and neesd to be revamped.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.